Venum is offline Member

too much for pwo?

I am currently on a clean bulk, and for pwo I usually have a cytogainer shake. Would it be ok to throw in a plain bagel right after i work out? i know giantz11 eats a bagel for pwo with his shake...but i just heard from this big time body builder i talk to online that white bread is not good for pwo. so confused! if white bread is ok for pwo, can i eat the bagel in my car on the way home from the gym then make my shake when i get home?

KingMike is offline Associate Member
    I have 2-3 white flour low fat tortillas and it is working out great. Throw some chicken, taco bell mix and sour cream and you will be gold. 580 calories never tasted so good. I also have 70-80 grams of dextrose PWO. The trotillas come 1 hour later and come to around 70 carbs.

What do you have pre workout? I have been doing oats 4 hours prior and then whey/flax 30 minutes prior and have felt drained. Do you have carbs right before?

Venum is offline Member
    i have carbs about an hour before, anything from oats, brown rice, whole wheat pasta, or black beans............so can i eat a white bagel right after i lift or no??

KingMike is offline Associate Member
    If your only purpose is to gain mass you can get away with almost any fat fre or very low fat carb within 1 hour or so after working out. I cannot tell you how much becasue I do not know your stats but most cantake in 150-200 grams of carbs within a few hours a working out and be fine. The farther away you get from you workout, the lower GI the carb should be. I have found the a high gi alsowroks well 1 hour later (white rice, tortilla,), just try to keep that meal very low fiber.

I have not had carbs within 2 hours before a workout in a while and it seems that my higher volume routine is going to hell, I am going to have to go back to the whey/honey mix 40 minutes prior and see if that fixes me up right.

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    do you see results with doing it?

Thread Information