ascendant is offline Senior Member

yet another reason to drop the coldcuts

for the past several months, i had been using boarshead coldcuts as part of one of my meals, thinking it was quick and easy. however, just started using chicken breast instead and it's so much better.

other than the obvious reason that cold cuts are processed, there's also the issue of the added water content. i'm now using 1/2lb (8oz) of chicken breast, which after it's cooked, only ends up being about 5oz. this 5oz of cooked chicken breast has more protein than 1/2lb of cold cuts. so, i'm getting even more protein from the 5oz of cooked chicken breast than i was from the 1/2lb cold cuts, plus since there's not as much of it, i can take it down quicker. this means less time eating which when bulking, is always a good thing, at least for me.

just wanted to throw this out there for anyone still using cold cuts thinking they're a good idea. those things have way too much water added to them, take way too long to eat (in comparison to the chicken breast), and unless it's boarshead, you have no idea what kind of additives they toss into it.

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    yeah 100% used for convenience in my book. if i absolutely have to eat and don't have food with me (which honestly never happens) i'll eat that shit. and by "that shit" i mean the pig skin and hooves along with the donkey butthole and cow intestines.

FromFleshtoSteel is offline Associate Member
    don't forget about all of the sodium usually found in deli meats

Quote Originally Posted by novastepp
    yeah 100% used for convenience in my book. if i absolutely have to eat and don't have food with me (which honestly never happens) i'll eat that shit. and by "that shit" i mean the pig skin and hooves along with the donkey butthole and cow intestines.
    well, boarshead is *supposed* to be good as far as quality ingredients, but regardless, it's still got added water. now, how the hell do you add water into a product that you claim is "minimally processed"?

by the way, what inspired the new avy nova?

Quote Originally Posted by FromFleshtoSteel
    don't forget about all of the sodium usually found in deli meats
    well i live in florida, so for me, i could use the extra sodium with how much i'm sweating all the time. i just moved here less than a year ago from NY, so i'm still getting used to the heat. sure beats having winters though! for people cutting up though, that sodium is a no-no.

oh, i also forgot to add that the cold cuts i'd get would typically cost $9/lb ($8.99/lb, which to me is a scammers $9), and the chicken i get only costs $3/lb. so, i'm only spending 1/3rd the money, minus the cost of electricity for the oven to cook it. still sure i'm spending less than half regardless though.

Jakt is offline Associate Member
    this is crazy... no need to be this strict with dieting. i eat everything unless (watch myself though) unless preparing for a shot or a show that i will be doing in the fall... i have a ton of friends that eat pure shiiii compared to what i eat and they are shreeded... to each their own... but a lil prosciuto never hurt me!

just mo

Quote Originally Posted by Jakt
    this is crazy... no need to be this strict with dieting. i eat everything unless (watch myself though) unless preparing for a shot or a show that i will be doing in the fall... i have a ton of friends that eat pure shiiii compared to what i eat and they are shreeded... to each their own... but a lil prosciuto never hurt me!

just mo
    why is this crazy??? because i found something cheaper, easier to take down, and healthier??? i'm not getting it?

as far as people eating sh*t and being shredded, unless they're full of chems, i find it highly unlikely they'd be eating that bad and still be able to be shredded unless they're doing tons of cardio. it just doesn't happen.

this thread was intended to simply show people a far better alternative to cold cuts and why it is IMO. if you don't think so, that's fine, but so far there are several positives to changing to chicken and no negatives in my book.

Jakt is offline Associate Member
    yeah, i agree..... gotcha, but i don't take any as whatsoever and i actually used coldcuts even while cutting for a shoot.... but to each there own. i guess its just how your body respones to certain things

Thread Information