GonnaBeHuge is offline Junior Member

Deli meats as a good source of protein?

I usually eat tuna, chicken, and beef for my main sources of protein throughout the day. But at times I don't have the patience or time to cook the chicken or beef. I used to munch on beef jerkey in times like this for a quick fix of protein, but I recently saw packages of pastrami at the grocery store that have 45g Pro, 0g Carbs, 3g Fats. Looks a lot healthier than jerkey (less sodium) and its tasty too.

My question is, are deli meats as good a source of protein as been/chicken? It would save a lot of cooking time to just snack on one of these packages when I don't feel like preparing food.

Thanks,
    GBH

JohnboyF is offline Banned

Phreak101 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GonnaBeHuge2
    I usually eat tuna, chicken, and beef for my main sources of protein throughout the day. But at times I don't have the patience or time to cook the chicken or beef. I used to munch on beef jerkey in times like this for a quick fix of protein, but I recently saw packages of pastrami at the grocery store that have 45g Pro, 0g Carbs, 3g Fats. Looks a lot healthier than jerkey (less sodium) and its tasty too.

My question is, are deli meats as good a source of protein as been/chicken? It would save a lot of cooking time to just snack on one of these packages when I don't feel like preparing food.

Thanks,
    GBH
    These are about as effective a protein as loading a cannon with marshmallows....

Processed meat, high sodium, preservatives up the ass...

If you want quick protein, try protein bars or a can of tuna. I can down a can of chunk light starkist in under 30 seconds flat.

Jakt is offline Associate Member
    i use them all the time, just get boars head... and if not its still fine, its still meat and has pro.......

Thread Information