Peducho0113 is offline Senior Member

Question What is the Difference between White Rice, Brown Rice and Spanish Rice?

Hi everyone,

Does any one know why brown rice is recomended all the time when it comes to nutricion here in this forum V's Spanish and white rice. I have a hard time eating Brown rice, it tastes deifferent and I used to the the other two, but wondering if anyone can help me with thies question, all your help would be a great value.

SVTMuscle* is offline Banned
    Brown rice has a lower glycemic index value. It is digested slower than white rice and usally makes you feel fuller quicker and lasts longer in your system. White rice is a quick digestive high glycemic index carb.
    I personally dont like brown rice much either, I usally mix 1 cup of brown with 1 cup of jazmin rice and eat that throughout the day.

I dont know about spanish rice, its prob more like white rice than brown i think

InsaneInTheMembrane is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    it might come a shocker to some, but depending on the way its cooked and where the rice is from, sometimes white rice and brown rice can have almost the same GI value..

what are the implications? when you have an option, always pick brown rice..but when you're in a situation where you GOTTA eat and there's no brown rice available, white rice is okay too! SVT also gave a good reccomendation about mixing the two, makes the rice more palatable

also, theres brown rice and unpolished rice (pinkish/cream in color, although it is also referred to as brown rice...yup, can get confusing!), which falls between brown and white, you may wanna try that too...

Peducho0113 is offline Senior Member
    Thanks guys now I have a better understanding of why it was always recommended to eat brown vs white rice.

zimmy is offline Anabolic Member
    spanish rice gots lotza sh*t in it.. not just rice

SVTMuscle* is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmy
    spanish rice gots lotza sh*t in it.. not just rice
    yeah well unfortunately alot of spanish things come that way if you know what im talking about

DNoMac is offline Senior Member
    More vitamins and dietary minerals in brown
    Last edited by DNoMac; 07-10-2006 at 11:03 AM.

Anabolios is offline Anabolic Member
    some spanish kid asked me at the gym what were good carbs to get bigger and i told him brown rice,sweet potatoe blah blah and he might have asked me about 6 times if he would get big while eating spanish rice lol

musclemadman is offline New Member
    Spanish rice is white rice,it just has tomatoe sauce and a couple of other things added for taste.

Thread Information