Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    IBdmfkr is offline AR VET

Sample diets by BD (Lean bulking + cutting)

Here are two diets that I use and have used in the past that have worked very well.. adjust as needed to your stats.
    I was 210 @ 10%bf while doing the LBM bulk diet and currently 198 @7% and cutting. This thread is for me to refer to rather than posting it over and over in ppl's threads, saves me time which I don't have much of lately.
    Enjoy and feel free to ask questions if needed.

TIME TO GET SWOLE
    Lean Bulk

5:00am - 1cup Oats + 1scp whey/1scp V60 + 1tbsn flax + BCAA/Glutamine<5g ea.>(back to bed)
    Prot(50) - Carbs(50) - Fat(10g)

9:00am - 10egg whites + 2 w/yolks, 1cup oats, 1/2cup cottage cheese.
    Prot(60) - Carbs(50) - Fat(10)

12:00p - 6oz Turkey/1scp whey + Sweetpotato + Veggies
    Prot(60) - Carbs(75) - Fat(approx. 0)

2:30p - 6salmon/1scpwhey + B.Rice + Veg.
    Prot(60) - Carbs(75) - Fat(10)

4:00p (Train)
    BCAA's <5g>
    L-Glutamine + peptide <5g>
    CEE (Creatine Ethyl Ester) <5g>

5:30p PWO - Same supps as above + 1scp whey/1scp V60 (protein blend) + 1.5cups oats
    Prot(50) - Carbs(75) - Fat(0)

8:00p PPWO - 6ozChicken or Turkey/1scp whey + med sweet potato + 1cup Veg
    Prot(50) - Carbs(50) - Fat(0)

10:30p Shake - 2scps V60 + .5cup oats + Supps(same as meal1)
    Prot(50) - Carbs(25) - Fat(0)

12:30a - 8oz Steak or Buffalo or Salmon + 2cups Veg + .5tbsn Flax.
    Prot(50) - Carbs(5) - Fat(20)

~Total Macros~
    Prot: 400-450g
    Carbs: 350-400g
    Fat: 50-60g
    Total calories (approx) = 3400/4000 = OffDay/LiftDay

READY TO CUT?
    Cutting Diet

9:00am – 8eggwhites + 1scp V60 (protein blend) + 1cup oats
    Prot(50), Carbs(55), Fat(5)

11:30am – 8oz Lean Steak + &#189; Yam + 1cup Veg
    Prot(50), Carbs(35), Fat(5)

1:30pm – 8oz Chicken breast + 1cup oats
    Prot(50), Carbs(60), Fat(5)

4:30pm – 6oz Lean Steak, chicken or Turkey + &#189; Yam + 1 cup Veg
    Prot(40), Carbs(35), Fat(5)

7:00pm – 12egg whites + 1cup oats + &#189; cup fatfree cottage cheese (blended to make pancakes) Sugar free syrup and spray butter used for dressings.
    Prot(60), Carbs(60), Fat(5)

10:00pm – 6oz Steak + 6oz Chicken + 1cup Veg
    Prot(70), Carbs(5), Fat(10)

12:30am – 6-8oz Salmon + 1 &#189; cup Veg
    Prot(50), Carbs(5), Fat(10)

Total Macros
    Prot - 375
    Carb - 250
    Fat – 45
    Calories = approx 2900.

Adjust carbs as needed to play with calorie intake, normally I use 200carbs/day.

getbig888 is offline Senior Member
    i just had my first meal following your diet and it was over 700 calories. I usually seperate carbs and fats so i don't have meals this big. I am kinda skeptical about continuing if meals are gonna be this high in calories.
    Meal was
    2 egg whites
    2 scoops whey
    1 cup oats.
    1tbs oats.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Wow, I can't cut with all those carbs myself, it's cool u can.

Steak w/carbs is one thing I'd never do personally, but we all have what works for us.

~SC~

I was also a 130 lbs at 17yrs old.. Probably be good to mention this is ideal for metabolisms like mine.

While dirty bulking I used to eat 150carbs before bed and still stay under 12% to give you an idea of where I'm coming from.

Getbig888... 2eggwhites isn't going to cut it bro.. Drop the whey and up the eggwhites to 8-10. Notice how whey is in only a very few of my meals, PWO specifically. Otherwise whole foods. Depending on your bodytype. Drop the carbs a bit and up the protein. Like SC mentioned, keep the carbs with lean-meats such as chicken/turkey/tuna/talapia etc... Utilize steaks/salmon for meals with Prot/fats if need be. I for one don't have a problem mixing carbs/fats as long as they are all unsat and complex. But that's me.
    Last edited by IBdmfkr; 07-10-2006 at 09:50 AM.

T3/T4 GSR is offline Senior Member
    So you wake up at 5 in the morning to eat and then go back to sleep?

While bulking, Yes.

While cutting I don't need the extra calories/meals so I enjoy my sleep. Also it helps speed metabolism and keep me anabolic .

My wife Hates it. LMAO (why the hell is the alarm going off at 5am!)
    TIME TO FEED.

C_Bino is offline $BAM-7246~AR-Hall of Famer
    Hey bro good stuff, I know you and I diet a little differently but your results always speak for themselves as you look great.
    Anways, keep meaning to ask you...what is this V60 stuff you always use? Im assuming a carb supplement of some sort, maybe Im wrong.
    Could you link me a macro-profile on it?

No made by Labrada.. we know him personally so we get a great deal

Serving 2scps
    60g protein (whey,egg,milk, casein blend)
    12carbs complex
    3g fat

Much better than whey.. switched a few months ago.

Grappler13 is offline Productive Member

Beautiful Meal Plan

Nice Post! My last bulk was plain ole ugly nasty. Plenty of everything but fiber. I'm saving this post for the future.

JohnboyF is offline Banned
    Just to comment on the v60 its great stuff. They also have am & pm formula. IB excellent diet. Def added to my to my favourite sections.

Also Veggies count as carbs? I assumed they were free ( like lettuce celery broccoli,peppers)

Only count the sugars not the fiber.. someone correct me if I'm wrong.
    On the bulk I don't worry so much about counting each and every macro.. just round everything off.
    cutting for a show is much different.. I weigh everything before I pack it.

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    i like it alot but i dont like how the 6th meal goes into the next day so i whould just wake up earlier to eat but other than that i do like it.

helium3 is offline Senior Member
    cool post,just off to get a bank loan to pay for all that food lol

You'd have to work it around your schedule not mine and then you would keep it all in the same day or space a few meals 30min closer etc.. this is just a reference because I've had a lot of ppl asking me. Again I'd only suggest the bulk for someone that is a hardgainer like myself.. you'd want to change some things around and drop/add some things if you carry fat easily. On both the bulk and the cutting diets above.

lanky is offline Associate Member
    hows the v60 taste?

lanky is offline Associate Member
    also IBdmfkr what brands of BCAA/glutamine do you prefer?

mwolffey is offline Anabolic Member
    good post...at least it might help some people that are totally clueless about planning out a diet...props ibd!!!

chest6 is offline Banned
    Your diets are pretty much identical to mine...I'm likin them

guest589745 is offline 2/3 Deca 1/3 Test
    Good post man.

Ive been doin good on the diet you helped me with. I had to change a few things but I feel a hell of a lot better. Its crazy.

spound is offline Anabolic Member
    These diets lok similar to mine as well, except I use brown rice in place of most of the yams b/c its easier for me to cook in bulk and measure out accordingly. I mix fats and carbs as well...only healthy fats and complex carbs though.

I will say though, that you use too much protein powder for my liking in the bulking diet...I try tio stick to 2 shakes per day, 3 on training days...MAX

I am an ecto as well.

Agreed Spound.. my next bulk I am planning on cutting out the whey.. I feel there is no need for it, rather up the prot. portions by 2oz/serving

Actually been cutting for sometime now and recently kinda been converted to not using supps barely at all. I like the way it makes me feel/look so I think I'll stick with it.. now I only use supps when vacationing and I have absolutely no other choice.

btw I hope to have a shredded up avatar like you in a couple months after my show Bastard

Quote Originally Posted by IBdmfkr
    Agreed Spound.. my next bulk I am planning on cutting out the whey.. I feel there is no need for it, rather up the prot. portions by 2oz/serving

Actually been cutting for sometime now and recently kinda been converted to not using supps barely at all. I like the way it makes me feel/look so I think I'll stick with it.. now I only use supps when vacationing and I have absolutely no other choice.

btw I hope to have a shredded up avatar like you in a couple months after my show Bastard
    I wish I could do that. I find it very hard to eat a full meal when waking up so I drink 1 cup oats/6 whites/2 yolks/1 cup milk/1 1/2 scoops protein. I love the way that makes me feel in the morning.

I'd drop the milk personally. No need for it, even on a bulk.
    That's just me though. Replace with a couple more eggwhites

It gives it a more pleasing texture but actually, I have taken it out considerably recently and I am also having problems with it producing too much acid in my stomach so I cant take that much in anyway without experiencing horrible stomach pains. really sucks cause I love milk.

you like the idea of lowfat cottage cheese IBD? That aint bad like milk right? cause I am eating like 2 tubs a day sometimes.

If I'm bulking then I don't mind it much.. when cutting I steer clear of dairy all together, I'll cut out that 1/2cup cottage cheese 4wks out from show as well as most of my redmeat.

We both have different builds.. I'd have to say I'd be more weary of dairy all together if I were you, more prone to hold fat than myself. I'd stick with cleaner meats/complex carbs as I see you could probably grow much faster than myself if dieting properly. Both our builds have their pro's and cons. Just gotta live with it and do what we can with what we were given. And take huge amount of GH for the rest

ShnouzedUp is offline Banned
    what kind of veggies do you stick with.. just curious... don't say broc.. haha im so sick of that crap...

I love broccoli and asparagus with carrots.

Quote Originally Posted by IBdmfkr
    If I'm bulking then I don't mind it much.. when cutting I steer clear of dairy all together, I'll cut out that 1/2cup cottage cheese 4wks out from show as well as most of my redmeat.

We both have different builds.. I'd have to say I'd be more weary of dairy all together if I were you, more prone to hold fat than myself. I'd stick with cleaner meats/complex carbs as I see you could probably grow much faster than myself if dieting properly. Both our builds have their pro's and cons. Just gotta live with it and do what we can with what we were given. And take huge amount of GH for the rest
    My main problem with my BF% right now, I am almost positive, is the fact that I havent been doin cardio like I should. Only twice in the last 2 weeks. If I could just stick to cardio and love it as much as I do lifting, then I would be like 12% I know it. No way is my diet (even with milk in it) the problem, I have been tryin my ass off to clean this shit up and I know I have. godamn I need to do more cardio, fu*k.

PM me your diet and I'll tear it apart
    Diet isn't needed to get down under 10%.. I'm hit 7 before doing a lick of cardio. You need to decide whether you're bulking or cutting.. don't try and do both.

Schnouzed: Use any veggie you prefer.. Greenbeans are ok, I like steamed broccoli (use spray on butter if needed), as well as peas + carrots. There are plenty of choices, pick one you can eat on a daily basis and include it in atleast 2-3meals.

tinyguy2 is offline Member
    [QUOTE=IBdmfkr]Only count the sugars not the fiber.. someone correct me if I'm wrong.QUOTE]

If i take a fiber supplement such as metamucil should i not count the fiber as a carb?

arent carrots high in sugar for a veggie

Quote Originally Posted by tinyguy2
    If i take a fiber supplement such as metamucil should i not count the fiber as a carb?
    No.

Quote Originally Posted by tinyguy2
    arent carrots high in sugar for a veggie
    A bit more than other veggies I believe but this doesn't seem to affect me one way or the other, keep in mind it's possibly like 3-5g's of sugar more/day in a vegetable. If the rest of your diet is in check I don't see this making much of a difference, visibly atleast.

btw Tiny what do you think about my gut in my new avatar, is it hot? lmao

LMAO nah your gut is sexy. your looking good in your avatar. Are you cutting for a show? I'm going to just make "your gut is hot" part of my signature. i'm never going to live it down. thanks for the help BTW

Yes, 6.5wks away, it's creeping up on me fast!

whats your current weight and bf and what do you plan on being?

196, 7% 5' 9.5
    I'd like to come in as close to 187.25 as possible as that's the cutoff.. but will probably be more like low 180's. I'll be as conditioned as can be though to make up for lack of size I hope.
    First show, so it's more of a learning experience, just gonna try and have fun with it.

oh its your first show thats awesome good luck to ya. fun is what its all about. you a natural guy?

Yes, I naturally love Test+Tren .

Back to this thread, it is about diets. not anabolics or my contest. Thanks for inquiring though.

couldnt you running test and tren be how you can cut at 2700 cals and not have to do much cardio? or do you do this off cycle also

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    i like the diets man. i cut with carbs as well. i don't know if you ever saw my cutting diet or not? but the bulker is a great way to help out. my bulker looks pretty similiar in fact. much appreciated by myself and i'm sure many others will agree.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information