scubasteveseq is offline New Member

Question about cutting...

I will be ending my bulking diet within 3 weeks. Its gone good but now its time to cut. Here are my stats: 205lbs / 5'11" / 22yrs old / BF = 17%?????? / goal is to reach 10% / I take in about 4000 - 4500 cals per day (I am on cycle for 3 more weeks). I have the training and diet essentials down, I guess what I need to know is how many cals my cutting diet should be so I can LOSE BODYFAT WITHOUT LOSING TOO MUCH MUSCLE. I know I will lose some, just want to lose as little as possible, of course. I was told my diet should also be 40% protein, 30% carbs, 30% fat but I think that the carb percentage is too low and I will lose an excessive amount of muscle. HELP!!!

audis4 is offline Eat, Sleep, Lift...Repeat!
    Welcome!

Check out the cutting sticky at the top of the page.

I would recommend glancing at novas cutting diet and his amazing transformation.

You need to figure out what your maintenance cals are and cutting 500 cals from your maintenance will yield 1 lbs. fat loss per week.

What was your BF% going into the cycle?

When your off the cycle slowly drop your cals down to cutting calories so you limit the amount of muscle you lose.

The ratios you listed for macros...no one knows your metabolism. Give what you suggested a shot but I will say that 30% fat is probly quite high IMO.

Just some suggestions...take it or leave it.

IBdmfkr is offline AR VET
    Cleaning up calories is ok but cutting calories down is another thing.. deff wait until PCT is completed and hormone levels have returned to normal otherwise it could be detrimental to your newly earned gains.
    -B D
    DO NOT ASK FOR A SOURCE, NONE SHALL BE GIVEN.
    -NO SOURCE CHECKS!-

[email protected]
    If asking cycle advice Post up Stats/previous cycle experience/goals!

If asking diet advice Post Stats/current diet/goals!

“Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same.”

I B D
    AR VET

Thread Information