KingMike is offline Associate Member

Cutting...are high carb days needed?

Started a new plan this week. High protein and only 60 grams of carbs pwo. That is my only carbs for the day and feel great. I did not count the 3 lbs. of veggies I eat. Will a higher carb day of oats, yams, etc be beneficial? If so how much do you recomend for a 180 pounder (6 foot). Should the calories be higher or just the carbs?

audis4 is offline Eat, Sleep, Lift...Repeat!
    Bro, list stats.
    What are you doing cutting I would assume?

tinyguy2 is offline Member
    you can jsut do a higher carb cheat meal instead of a day if you want. what does your diet look like? 60 grams carbs is low. are you getting enough good fat? what is your to caloric intake a day.

Give us a complete list of what you would eat in a normal day...list all macros (fats carbs proteins) so we can see exactly what to tweak.

you also have to realize carbs arent anti christ they are esstential in any diet. and 60 pwo is not optimal maybe 30 in the morning 30 pwo if you are die hard on the 60 carbs. you should take in more like 100 and something. a high protein diet without fats starts burning protein through a process called gluconosis(sp) it is not a good way to keep lbm. you should read the stickies and research before going on a terrible diet

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    60 pwo is very minimal.

That's all in one meal? Ideally two pwo meals are best, but we all have our different approaches.

~SC~

KingMike is offline Associate Member
    gher my fat intake is, the more lethargic I get. I feel it is something to do with glucose transfer rate. I know the "right" way to doit but I prefer this way. The carbs are all in one meal. Since I am losing 2 pounds a week, I am thinking of having 2 pwo meals consiting of 50 grams of carbs each. I love working out on whey and fat only, I feel alot better about it for some reason.

6 foot, 180 lbs, 13-14 % BF

Oh yeh, I am doing cardio only once a week and look and feel better than when I tried morning cardio 4-6 days a week. I am a serious endo and used to eat 100 grams of carbs a day for a year with high protein and looked and felt great so I am resorting back to the diet that helped me lose 100 pounds, cannot argue with results, everyone is different.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    One day a week of cardio? Wow, I do more than that when bulking, LOL.....

Whatever works...

~SC~

you can lose a hundred pounds on any diet. but these diets are specifically made for lbm preservation.

60 grams of carbs a day is nuts, I cut on 250-300 grams/day, 150 grams is super low for me!!! 60 and I'd be dead

im an endo to. im guessign the reason you feel like crap when doing cardio everyday is cause you only have 60 grams of carbs...duh

When I first started my cutting diet, I was measuring everything from 27 almonds to 1 cup of broccoli and it had to be exact! Now, I have made it a life long commitment to eat well and it has become second nature to me. Instead of ordering a three course meal which I did all the time when I was a former fat a$$, I now go for things like steak and a diet pepsi etc.

Just thought I would add that in lol.

Thread Information