musclestack is offline Productive Member

Lee Priest-style bulking

I've heard this rumor time and time again. Is it true that when Lee Priest bulks, he uses a "dirty bulk" approach, for example, he'll eat things like McDonald's hamburgers and such. Things that most on this board would consider "unhealthy."

First, is this rumor true, and second, has anyone here ever tried this type of approach when bulking, and what were the effects?

Thanks,
    MS

flyguy7 is offline Associate Member
    yes
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AURI...h=lee%20priest

I think it's mostly kfc. I'm not sure the type of beef they use in mcd's hamburgers is worthwhile for protein, but i don't really know. Gotta be careful about estrogen levels and things like that if you get too fat, and you have a lot more work in cutting, which can mean a lot of lost muscle. I've recommended uber bulking before to some. Are you not making gains bulking clean?

copenhagen is offline Member
    there is a pic floating around somewhere of lee eating a bucket of fried chicken, so as far as the rumor goes....yes it is true. alot of guys here have tried this method, it is referred to as "dirty" bulking. For the most part it ends up causing unwanted fat gain and a flat/sloppy look. also, you have to consider that lee preist is on gear when he is eating like this, and is also using gear to help him cut down after eating like he does.

copenhagen is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by flyguy7
    yes

I think it's mostly kfc. I'm not sure the type of beef they use in mcd's hamburgers is worthwhile for protein, but i don't really know. Gotta be careful about estrogen levels and things like that if you get too fat, and you have a lot more work in cutting, which can mean a lot of lost muscle. I've recommended uber bulking before to some. Are you not making gains bulking clean?

man he looks young in that vid........and a bit of moonface!

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    not so much anymore lee used to dirty bulk when i lived in austin he traind at the same gym as i and whould talk to anyone give advice ect, he stay pretty lean year round in the OFF season he eats out once a day at IHOP but still carier visible abbs.

mwolffey is offline Anabolic Member
    i wish i could

chest6 is offline Banned
    Dont see the point in that. I'd like to stay as lean as possible bc cutting sucks for losing muscle..no mattter how good you do it

bor
    bor is offline D-bol Poppin'
    used to, not anymore...

I tried that approach, its fun, but there'a too much fat to take off afterwards...

musclestack is offline Productive Member
    Thanks for all the replies. Yes, I can gain from eating clean, but I was just thinking it'd be a little easier to try the "dirty bulk" approach. I'm in no way worried about getting fat either (high metabolism).

In you guys' opinion, would you make the same gains (muscle only here) on this type of approach as opposed to clean bulking?

Thanks,
    MS

TommyTrainR is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bor
    used to, not anymore...

I tried that approach, its fun, but there'a too much fat to take off afterwards...
    Definitely. I "experimented" with that method and it didn't turn out too well. Sure I gained strength and mass, but when it comes to cutting off all that unwanted fat, it's a b*tch.

TommyTrainR is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by flyguy7
    yes

LMAO..he looks like an oompa loopa there.

Prime is offline Naturally perfect
    i dirty bulked for a bit of this year. Ate 1500-2000kcals lunch from Mc donalds for a while amongst otehr things. i have a pretty quick metabolism though, but still got pretty soft.

Thread Information