KingMike is offline Associate Member

Get rid of my turtle stomach!

Been dieting for a few weeks and my lower midsection is leaner but seems to be getting bigger, esp. the lower area. My diet is preaty basic and I have not had a cheat day in 5 weeks.

Cardio

1. Whey Shake

2. Tuna and spinach

3. Chicken and green beans with onions

4. whey shake

WORKOUT

PWO- lean protein and carbs

6. Tuna and spinach

7. Chicken with green beans and onion

6', 180, 13-14% BF former fatty

This happened one time a few years back and I got so sick of it I started bulking on 3500 calories and after 4 weeks it went away, go figure.

hangtight08 is offline Associate Member
    hows your cardio lookin??? also gimme some stats

32 years old. 6', 180, 13-14 % and a former fat boy.

I do cardio 5-6 days a week at 75% for 40 minutes. My lifting spilt is Monday through Friday.

This SUCKS wanting to be bigger but at the same tme wanting to be leaner. I am about ready to throw in the towel on this S*!? I do not compete. I just admire bodybuilders dicipline and after being overweight my entire life, I want to look good, feel good and be healthy and now I am an obessesive shutin becasue of my eating habits and always worried about the way I look. I have to deal with loose skin also, and that really sucks but I will NEVEr have surgery for it. God put me on earth a certain way and I messed it up.

mwolffey is offline Anabolic Member
    good job on the tranformation bro...but your diet is horrible, read the cutting sticky my man, it has all the info you need

Thanks, how about this diet

1. 11 egg whites with 2 oz. cheese (50 Protein, 14 fat)
    2. tuna, 1 tbs. flaxseed oil, grean beens (50 protein, 17 fat)
    3. chicken breat, serving of walnuts (50 protein, 18 fat)
    4. (pre workout) whey only (50 protein, 6 fat)
    5. (PWO) 1 scoop whey, dextrose (24 protein, 50 carbohydrates)
    6. ( 1 hour later) egg whites, fat free cheese, rice (50 protein, 50 carbs)
    7. Chicken breast, celery with natural peanut butter (50 protein, 16 fat)

Looks tasty. I will try this for about 4 weeks and check results before chaning anything.

My buddy said that if the majority of your calories are P/F meals, that you can take in a few hundred more while cutting and still have good results. Maybe like 2400 for me (180 pounds)

I will increase empty stomach morning cardio to 1 hour and change my routine to 4-6 reps and focus on getting stronger so the next time I want to add masss, I will be ready to roll.

Thanks for the help!

audis4 is offline Eat, Sleep, Lift...Repeat!
    Diet looks MUCH better...add in either carbs or good fats to your pre workout meal (I always add carbs, gives me excellent energy). NEVER, NEVER eat protein alone; always add fats or carbs otherwise your protein is basically useless.

I would also add in a slow digesting protein i.e. 1/2 cup f/f cottage cheese right before bed.

"My buddy said that if the majority of your calories are P/F meals, that you can take in a few hundred more while cutting and still have good results. Maybe like 2400 for me (180 pounds)" .......I have no idea if this is true but I would go with its not.

Don't limit yourself to carbs...I have a slow metabolism but I'm cutting with about 190 grams of carbs and I have lots of energy and not feel lethargic like I did when I was cutting (thought carbs were bad) with about 100 or less.

You need to see what works for you...when your lifts decrease, you need to adjust the diet because you know you are losing muscle.

Keep at it and DON'T give up! You will be happy with the results, I promise.

NEW_IN_THE_GAME is offline Associate Member
    i hate low carbs, even when i cut i eat 300 or so, along with 300-350g protien, 75-90g fat. i am also 252. best so far is 239 with 9% .. good luck bro. you will succeed if you stick with it.

Thanks for the words. I will keep it up.

I lose fat on about 100 grams of carbs a day but I seem to get too thin and boney. How long would it take oats to get into my muscle to use for energy pre workout?

Quote Originally Posted by KingMike

I lose fat on about 100 grams of carbs a day but I seem to get too thin and boney. How long would it take oats to get into my muscle to use for energy pre workout?
    Just depends how much you use. I eat 1 cup about 1 hour before I workout.

tinyguy2 is offline Member

when u say thin in boney do you mean you lose muscle mass? or jsut you feel liek your muscles flattened out. flattenign out of muscles always happens low carb. losign muscle is because your calories and macros are wrong and your not losing fat your losing muscle. i wouldnt be cutting if i were you imo. 180 is kind of skinny for 6' i would bulk first if i were you casue your not going to have much muscle to show off. jsut do a clean bulk. also your abs might seem to be gettign bigger becuase they arent one solid mass between your abs and waist. are you starting to get the v between your obliques and legs is this what you mean by bigger?

got fina? is offline Member
    Hey i was kinda large myself brother. 6'0 230 and about 17% bf. I finally came up with a good diet and in 2 months got to 7% bf.
    I think the ones that dont do it is cause they r misinformed or havent tuned in there diet yet.
    Read the diet section real good and youll see better results.

IBdmfkr is offline AR VET
    turtle; turtle..Am I turtley enough for the turtle club?

btw don't like either diet for various reasons..

The second diet in particular I don't like how you put ALL your fats in the morning and your carbs at night.. not really a good approach turtle.
    Last edited by IBdmfkr; 07-21-2006 at 11:15 AM.

forestcall is offline New Member
    Dude! :-)

You cant quit.....

The easy way to lose your belly is to do cardio for 30+ min in the morning after you wake up. Eat a half of an apple of some fruit with high fiber. Wait until you feel like it has digested a bit. Then exercise until you belch a few times which means the fruit has moved to the lower intestine. Then exercise like a freak!

Then exercise again in the evening or late afternoon. You should do 30 min cardio and then do some weights.

So this would be
    30-120+ min in the morning or cardio.
    30+ min in eve or late afternoon of cardio-
    Lift weights in eve or late afternooon after cardio.

Key is to do your morning cardio and your after noon cardio 5 days a week.
    Lift weights 4 days a week (5 if you want)

MTN Biking UP a 8 mile hill or running is best. I personaly think mtn biking is the BEST way to lose weight. If you have the thinking that you are NEVER allowed to put your foot on the ground, especialy when your going up-hill then you will push your body and thus lose weight.

Just remeber even if only 30 min per session two times a day!

This allows you to boost your metabolism so your burn mega FAT!

Skinny as a rail in 12 weeks!

32 years old. 6', 180, 13-14 % and a former fat boy.

I do cardio 5-6 days a week at 75% for 40 minutes. My lifting spilt is Monday through Friday.

This SUCKS wanting to be bigger but at the same tme wanting to be leaner. I am about ready to throw in the towel on this S*!? I do not compete. I just admire bodybuilders dicipline and after being overweight my entire life, I want to look good, feel good and be healthy and now I am an obessesive shutin becasue of my eating habits and always worried about the way I look. I have to deal with loose skin also, and that really sucks but I will NEVEr have surgery for it. God put me on earth a certain way and I messed it up.

Where in the sam hell did you come up with that approach??!!
    Ya, skinny as a rail in 12 weeks...I'll bet; I myself like my muscle too much to lose it in the first week.
    That's probly the worst approach to weight loss I have seen, not to mention a good way to overwork your muscles.
    Have fun working out for 1/3 of the day

forestcall is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by audis4
    Where in the sam hell did you come up with that approach??!!
    Ya, skinny as a rail in 12 weeks...I'll bet; I myself like my muscle too much to lose it in the first week.
    That's probly the worst approach to weight loss I have seen, not to mention a good way to overwork your muscles.
    Have fun working out for 1/3 of the day
    Your joking? I dont get your meaning.....

This guy wants to lose weight as far as I can understand his posting.

I am talking about 60 min a day of cardio and 30-60 min of weights.
    So even if only 4 days a week 1.5 hours a day is not much time. Certanly not 1/3 of the day.

I have been a professional and expert level mtn biker and adventure racing athlete for many years. I was in the SEALS when I was 17 to 24-

i can safely run 35+ miles in a day. I can also mtn bike for 6-8 hours at full speed with a few breaks and some food. I also add 30+min of swimming 3-5 days a week. So 30 min two times a day of cardio is ummmm nothing! :-)

Also I am 184 lbs - 5-10' and have pretty good muscle size. I can bench 280lbs 12+reps, 300+ full-bar-dips, etc....

I get about 5-6 hours of sleep per night as I work alot. But I make time to exercise about 3+ hours a day. I manage a building materials export company, I manage a factory building more than 300 complete homes a month, and I travel several times a month to Central America, USA, China, and Thailand.

I am actually trying to retire from work and just exercise 6-8 hours a day. That is a great life!! :-)

So tell me a better way to lose weight?

IBdmfkr is offline AR VET
    The way bodybuilders do it prior to competition is the best way I've found, you hold on to almost all your LBM while dropping BF.

Diet can be used alone to a certain extent, then cardio is needed it seems.
    -B D
    DO NOT ASK FOR A SOURCE, NONE SHALL BE GIVEN.
    -NO SOURCE CHECKS!-

[email protected]
    If asking cycle advice Post up Stats/previous cycle experience/goals!

If asking diet advice Post Stats/current diet/goals!

“Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same.”

I B D
    AR VET

Thread Information