Prime is offline Naturally perfect

Vegtables precontest

ok i know its a little late to be asking this now as im only 9 days out, but i have another 2 shows so i may as well find out.
    Anyway...
    How much veg should i be consuming at this point in my diet. At the moment im consuming my veg in the form of broccoli, onioins and a little garlic.
    I have 5 meals a day and meal 1 3 and 4 are my pro carb meals which include veg. I eat quite alot of it. I'm on the understanding that it actually takes more energy to digest broccoli, onion and garlic then they provide, so eating it is a good thing. Is there any reason i should be cutting it down or including it in my carb allocation? Or is it a non factor?

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    its a myth that they contain less than what is required to digest them. But what they do contain is miniscule.

Here is a bump for you for the contest questions.

bigsd67 is offline Anabolic Member
    I've always included them on my low carb and high carb days and haven't seen anything negative. However I DO count the calories in them and still measure out the portions. I usually stick with Broccoli, lettuce, green beans, and asparagus.

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    id cut them out, 3 days out. then of course load like bitch

spound is offline Anabolic Member
    I would say 2-3 cups of veggies is about what you should be taking in, more will not hurt either...I do not count the carbs or cals coming from them...the effects on your conditioning and bodyweight are basically negligable. Matter of fact...I use them whenever I feel like..if I am still hungry after a meal..I eat veggies..I have them in pro/fat meals as well ....it wont hurt anything believe me. Veggies are very important in aiding in keeping everything "moving" and which will in trun aid in digestion of other nutrients...especially protein, since I am assuming yoru diet is high in protein.

I would however not include them the day of or day b4 a show as it will just cause your stomach to get fuller allowing less room for the more important foods you should be taking in at this time such as large amounts of carbs in order to fill out or carb up, but then again I am not familiar with what type of method you will be using for a carb up.

Thread Information