Necco is offline New Member

Cutting diet, please review...

Experience: less than 1 year
    Looking gain lean mass, eliminate bodyfat. May incoporate ECA stack with this diet.

Wake-up 4:45 : 5 750mg GNC L-glutamine capsules, 1 GNC Men’s multivitamin
    5:00 [Morning cardio]

6:00 Meal 1: 3.5oz turkey, ½ cup oatmeal

8:00 Meal 2: 1 scoop GNC Pro 100% Whey Protein – Chocolate mixed in water, 3.5oz chicken, 2 tbsp flax oil

10:00 Meal 3: ½ can green beans, 1 can tuna, 5 750mg GNC L-glutamine capsules

11:00 [Weight training]

PWO Meal 4: 2 scoop GNC Pro 100% Whey Protein – Chocolate mixed in 3 cups Silk Soymilk, 1 cup oatmeal

2:00 Meal 5: ½ can whole kernel corn, 5oz chicken, 1 baked red potato

5:00 Meal 6: 1 scoop GNC Pro 100% Whey Protein – Chocolate mixed in water, 1 tbsp flax oil, 1 GNC Men’s multivitamin

Questions:
    1. Should I eliminate the Silk soymilk from the PWO and mix with water? I will mix the meal 2 shake with water so as not to load up on carbs.
    Also what is out of place and or could be changed for the better?

Thanks much

copenhagen is offline Member
    this actually looks pretty good bro, with your age i would keep everything like it is, im not sure the fat content in silk, but consider replacing it with fat free milk if it has fat in it. go over to fitday.com and plug this stuff in, it will give you a breakdown of cals/fats/carbs/prot. also what are your stats?

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    id ditch the soy milk soy has been know to increase estrogen in males.

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Necco
    Experience: less than 1 year
    Looking gain lean mass, eliminate bodyfat. May incoporate ECA stack with this diet.

6:00 Meal 1: 3.5oz turkey, ½ cup oatmeal

8:00 Meal 2: 1 scoop GNC Pro 100% Whey Protein – Chocolate mixed in water, 3.5oz chicken, 2 tbsp flax oil

10:00 Meal 3: ½ can green beans, 1 can tuna, 5 750mg GNC L-glutamine capsules

PWO Meal 4: 2 scoop GNC Pro 100% Whey Protein – Chocolate mixed in 3 cups Silk Soymilk, 1 cup oatmeal

2:00 Meal 5: ½ can whole kernel corn, 5oz chicken, 1 baked red potato

5:00 Meal 6: 1 scoop GNC Pro 100% Whey Protein – Chocolate mixed in water, 1 tbsp flax oil, 1 GNC Men’s multivitamin

Questions:
    1. Should I eliminate the Silk soymilk from the PWO and mix with water? I will mix the meal 2 shake with water so as not to load up on carbs.
    Also what is out of place and or could be changed for the better?

Thanks much
    I'd go with a PWO shake of your whey and water with dex... not oatmeal and milk...silk whatever. As for meal 6 I'd go with real food... not a shake. How about an egg white omolette with hot sauce and cheese.... keep the shakes for quick fixes and pwo and perhaps right before bed.

chest6 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by steve0
    id ditch the soy milk soy has been know to increase estrogen in males.
    Thats what I thought but Johan said differently..hopefully he'll see this thread

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    You're not going to gain much lean mass at all w/that limited amount of food.

Unless you weigh 130 lbs., I don't see how everyone says it's a solid approach.

~SC~

In October of 2005 I was around 270 pounds; I’m currently right at 200 today. 6ft on the dot.

6:00 Meal 1: 3.5oz turkey, ½ cup oatmeal [Cal:350 Fat:12 Carb:25 Prot: 34]

8:00 Meal 2: 1 scoop GNC Pro 100% Whey Protein – Chocolate mixed in water, 3.5oz chicken, 2 tbsp flax oil [Cal:603 Fat:43 Carb:5 Prot:47]

10:00 Meal 3: ½ can green beans, 1 can tuna, 5 750mg GNC L-glutamine capsules [Cal:284 Fat:2 Carb:27 Prot:43]

PWO Meal 4: 2 scoop GNC Pro 100% Whey Protein – Chocolate mixed in 3 cups non-fat milk, 1 cup oatmeal [Cal:663 Fat:10 Carb:71 Prot:71]

2:00 Meal 5: ½ can whole kernel corn, 5oz chicken, 1 baked red potato [Cal:623 Fat:21 Carb:68 Prot:46]

5:00 Meal 6: 1 scoop GNC Pro 100% Whey Protein – Chocolate mixed in water, 1 tbsp flax oil, 1 GNC Men’s multivitamin [Cal: 250 Fat:17 Carb:5 Prot:20]

Totals:
    [Cal:2773 Fat:105 Carb:201 Prot:261]

Isn’t the fat a bit high, perhaps? What should I change if anything?

Quote Originally Posted by BIG TEXAN
    I'd go with a PWO shake of your whey and water with dex... not oatmeal and milk...silk whatever. As for meal 6 I'd go with real food... not a shake. How about an egg white omolette with hot sauce and cheese.... keep the shakes for quick fixes and pwo and perhaps right before bed.
    In the how to cut thread it says, “A general rule of thumb is 40-60 grams whey protein, and double the amount of whey in carbohydrates (50% dextrose/50% maltodextrin).” I wasn’t sure if he was saying double the amount of carbs, to protein or what. Where can I buy this dex at?…. Not GNC I’m assuming. I thought consuming carbs (oats) in the PWO was essential? Please help clear up my confusion please. Thanks for the help by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat

~SC~
    Hey he could be 130 trying to diet down to 115... ya never know Swole.... hahahaha.

~SC~

Well, please suggest what needs to be changed. I was just going from the sticky on how to cut. Its 261g protein split over 6 meals... how much more do I need?

Quote Originally Posted by BIG TEXAN
    Hey he could be 130 trying to diet down to 115... ya never know Swole.... hahahaha.
    6'0, 200.... probly... 18-19% BF.

audis4 is offline Eat, Sleep, Lift...Repeat!
    2:1, dextrose to protein. If you had 40g of protein that would yield 80g carbs PWO. You can buy dex (I buy sweet tarts, eat 2 packs to suit my needs) online.....bb.com etc. do a search. Before I switched over to sweet tarts, I was eating 1 cup oats with my whey shake PWO. I would say dex or oats are your best form of carbs PWO, IMO.

6'0, 200.... probly... 18-19% BF.
    I was only kidding guy... no offense intended.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Well, please suggest what needs to be changed. I was just going from the sticky on how to cut. Its 261g protein split over 6 meals... how much more do I need?
    Well, this is what I do for a living/my career, so what I suggest is re-calculating the caloric intake for someone of your stature. From there it's more-so about macros, carb intake, taking into account your bodytype, metabolic rate, etc.
    Experiment, keep a log, weigh and take pics, re-evaluate and adjust, etc.

~SC~

Hey bro, I'm not sure why you thought i was being offensive. no problems here I just wanted to make sure that if swole did respond again that he knew my specs.

its all good, thanks for the responses so far, but i still need to get this "solid"

Well, this is what I do for a living/my career, so what I suggest is re-calculating the caloric intake for someone of your stature.

~SC~
    I'm just not coming off well here, my apologies. Obviously you know way more about this shit than me, no doubt. I don't know enough about what needs to be re-calculated.... I honestly put my best effort into what I came up with..

Swole, I understand you don't have time to outline everything, but could you please tell me what in general needs to be changed?

copenhagen is offline Member
    he is basically saying that you need to experiment and find what works best for YOU. we could suggest alot of things but they might not work for YOU. keep a log on fitday.com so you can track your progress. I would also try to add a whole food meal like chicken/veggies in for meal 6 instead of a shake. your still young bro, get a solid cardio routine and eat a sensable diet and you will see results.

good luck

Thread Information