-Jaybird- is offline New Member

Adding flavor to shakes

Whats up guys. Been lifting and dieting seriously for almost a year now with insane results going all natural thanks to you guys and the info here. So I just wanted to start by saying thanks for that.

Alright here is my question. I use Nitrotech Whey because I can get a lot of it for cheap but after a year I'm getting real tired of it and I've tried every flavor. I've been told its not a good idea to be mixing fruit into your shakes so I've never done that, but recently I added 1tbs of my friends coffeemate armaretto coffee creamer to my shakes and its great. I actually enjoy the taste of them now... Can anyone tell me if this is ok? Here is the info on the serving size I use; it looked ok to me but I'm still a newbie.

1 Tablespoon
    35 Calories
    1.5g Total Fat
    10g Sodium
    5g Carbs
    5g Sugar

Also I'm thinking about switching to something else after I use up all the nitrotech, can anyone recommend a good tasting, good quality whey with arganine/glutamine already in it? My buddy uses this stuff called Syntha 6, he swears by it but I wanted a second opinion.

Peace

shit I hope I put this in the right section

InsaneInTheMembrane is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    I get those sugar free drink powder mixes (peach tea, raspberry tea, lemon tea...crystal lite i think) and add them into my vanilla shakes sometimes and it tastes great! Adding cinammon, vanilla essence and a dash of apple juice also makes a nice "apple pie" flavor! oh and not to forget, vanilla essence, some instant decaffienated coffee and cocoa powder also make a nice mocha shake!! .. and you are adding virtually no calories at all...

IMHO, I take my glutamine separate....glutamine has the tendency to warp the taste of alot of protein powders it gets put into...I dont know how you can stand the n****tech flavors, just thinking of the strawberry makes me want to throw up...
    Last edited by InsaneInTheMembrane; 07-25-2006 at 01:57 AM.

KingMike is offline Associate Member
    2 scoops vanilla whey, 1/2 tbs. safflower oil, 1 package of sweet and low, any package of kool aid. Blend it, keep grining ice in it until it gets very thick. This thing has saved my life!

audis4 is offline Eat, Sleep, Lift...Repeat!
    ya...scratch it. And whats wrong with fruit in your smoothie? Many members do this PWO as long as it fits in with your diet. If you feel like trying something new, try Dymatize elite whey pro in the 5 lbs. tub (butter toffee cream), I promise you will not go wrong with this flavor!!

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Have you really been "dieting" as in "cutting" for a year??

Holy shit that's a long time!

~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    Have you really been "dieting" as in "cutting" for a year??

Holy shit that's a long time!

~SC~
    Yeah pretty much, longer actually. I started the dieting 2 1/2 years ago and I went from 280 to 155. I've been sticking to a cutting diet while lifting with added protein as I gain and it seems to be working well. I've gained about 25 lbs of muscle in my 10 or so months of lifting but that was pretty easy because I'm completely new to the game. Its getting much slower now and i'm possitive that the cutting diet is slowing down my progress. Having been obese in the past makes me afraid of the bulking diet so I am waiting till I learn more before I try it.

About mixing in fruit; I read that its not a good idea on a cutting diet because fruits are loaded with sugar plus eating them seperate can give you a better feeling of fullness... Made sense to me but if I think your right too, if fruit is a part of you diet it shouldnt matter.

Thanks for suggestions, I like the crystal lite and the koolaid idea I'm gonna try that because I still have 2 giant tubs of this nitrotech crap to go through.

Peace

Hackamaniac is offline King Without a Crown ~
    I like ON's Strawberry Whey

Thread Information