Very hard to gain weight

im 168 lbs, 5"11 bout 8% body fat

i eat about 5 large cheeseburgers a day, tons of protein shakes. what could be the problem

Mizfit is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by got juice man
    im 168 lbs, 5"11 bout 8% body fat

i eat about 5 large cheeseburgers a day, tons of protein shakes. what could be the problem
    post up your entire diet and i think people will be mroe able to help you.

WEBB is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    it is not just about the amount that you eat, it is quality and amount that you eat...for one thing cheesburgers suck and will make you gain fat not weight....second shakes are great, as supplements not as meals, they should only be used to add a few more calories or if you miss a meal...the majority of your food has to come from solid foods, chicken, beef, fish, past, rice, and potatoes....check out the bulking sticky at the top of the page, read it read it again, then fill it in to fit you food tastes, then post your diet up here and i will gladly go over it and help you out...

WEBB

dano_85 is offline Junior Member
    Im the same way,im gonna tell you this carbs are your best friend and also i went thru like a month with little no to no weight gain but all of a sudden BAM the gains hit me liek a brick walll .It's all in the diet read the bulking sticky make a diet and go to town !!

Mizfit is offline Banned
    I'm the queen of having issues keeping weight on - and as I and Webb said before

Post your diets boys

audis4 is offline Eat, Sleep, Lift...Repeat!
    check out the bulking sticky at the top of the page, read it read it again, then fill it in to fit you food tastes, then post your diet up here and i will gladly go over it and help you out...
    Yeah...do that.

THE_DOME is offline Anabolic Member
    i like the idea of eating real lean burgers or turkey burgers made on the bbq or forman grill can put some mass on, i just really try to get that grease out

Oki-Des is offline Anabolic Member
    Protein shakes are great, but your body will only take in so much at a time. I heard that you will only really benefit from protien shakes if they are only 1/3 of your actual protein intake. 2/3 of the protein should be from actual food. Also, the type of food you eat is important. You do not want to gain weight from cheesburgers, it will only be fat. Good luck. I dont think you will see any additional benefit from more than 3 protein shakes a day, spaced out morning, afternoon and evening along with a lot of food!

Machdiesel is offline Anabolic Member
    5 cheeseburgers a day may seem like alot, but ur prob not getting all that you need. you should be eating 6-7 times a day (including shakes) and have a specific goal for each meal, if you break down those cheeseburgers ull see its not nearly enuff to gain weight, especially if u workout hard. Go to the top stickied n look at the bulkign diets, their a GREAT outline, n will give u map of what u need to do

Angelus is offline Associate Member
    also get ablood work done and chack your T3 and T4 levels

NCNPC29 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Machdiesel
    5 cheeseburgers a day may seem like alot, but ur prob not getting all that you need. you should be eating 6-7 times a day (including shakes) and have a specific goal for each meal, if you break down those cheeseburgers ull see its not nearly enuff to gain weight, especially if u workout hard. Go to the top stickied n look at the bulkign diets, their a GREAT outline, n will give u map of what u need to do
    Ditto... the fact that you think this is a lot of food definitely is a tell tale sign there is a problem... If you want to put on "weight" then you would have to completely change you diet... everyone here will give you awesome suggestions but I think it will be a real eye opener what a real bulk diet looks like. Force feeding is a term you will come to know..lolololol

chest6 is offline Banned
    Thats not that much. And..its crap food..processed and too much at a time your body won't utilize. Heres an example of something to do if you truly think its hard to gain weight

1. 12 eggwhites 1 1/2 cup oats
    2. 12 oz chicken breast 1 1/2 cup oats
    3. 12 oz chicken breast 22 oz sweet potato
    4. 12 eggwhites, 20 oz sweet potato
    5. preworkout shake 50g whey 1 cup oats
    6. PWO 50g whey 100g dex
    7. PPWO 12 oz chicken breast 1 1/2 cup oats
    8. 12 eggwhites 4 tbspn natty pb
    9. 8 oz tuna 1 tbsn may 1 tbspn flax

Granted this is like 2 or 3 times more calories than you need weighing at 168..I am just giving you an example of something you need to shoot for (food..NOT amounts) and showing you what "a lot of food" truly looks like.

Thread Information