Thread: sleeping in

rugbySwoll is offline Associate Member

sleeping in

ok guys, i have class through out the week, so i have to be up at a descent hour, and im able to get my 7 meals in easily(i'm clean bulking right now, taking in around 3500-4000 CLEAN calories, BTW I'm 5'8" 180lbs)....on the weekdays i get around 7.5-8 hrs of sleep a night, which isnt bad...but on saturday and sunday i like to sleep at least 11 hours and get some much needed rest from workouts and work and whatnot, my question is (and i have been doing this)....i get up around 8am or so, down a shake mixed with oats(50 P, 40 carb), and get right back in bed and sleep for another 3 hrs or so.... do any of yall see any harm in this....lemme know, thanks
    RS

NCNPC29 is offline Associate Member
    what's up bro! First let me say those are some respectable calories you are putting down for 180lbs.... as far as dowing a shake and going right back to sleep I have done that exact same thing too many times to count on the weekend... If I wake up around 6 or 7 cause I'm use to it, I'll down a shake or a meal and then go right back to bed for a few hours..get up and eat again...

thanks man, im glad to hear somebody else does what i do, im a big time ectomorph, i have to put away that many calories just to clean bulk, im also running a little test and EQ right now as well , but i eat that way all the time, im goin into my 4th week, and i can def. tell im starting to get even hungrier than usual( my diet consists of chicken breasts, turkeybreast, whole wheat bread, a pile of eggwhites, wheat bagels, oats, brown rice, trail mix, rice cakes, green beans, tuna, natty pbutter, whey,and protein bars) eating those 7 meals a day is a pain in the ass, but im practically a robot NOW, im on a schedule and if anyone tries to get me off course, i get fvckin pissed......i also take my multivitamins, flax oil, fish oil, cranberry extract, milkthistle.....im also about to throw in some ECA for a few weeks to try and drop a tad bit of fat(you know, the stubborn shit)....well ive said enough, later bros

Myka is offline Made Of Sugar
    sounds good to me...I sleep as much as possible because I dont know when I will be able to again...

I would sleep between each meal if I could!!

i get tired as hell as well.... summer school for 3 hrs every morning + working out/cardio f' hard for 1.5 hrs + work for about 4-6hrs= me being BUSHED!

chest6 is offline Banned
    If I know I'm going to sleep a lot (>8 hours) I will wake up in the middle of the night and have a casein +flax shake. If I sleep say 10 hours..I'll do this twice. Just all kinna depends but I pretty much will do it at least once every night.

bor
    bor is offline D-bol Poppin'
    Yep, its a good idea, I do it too

Kale is offline ~ Vet~ I like Thai Girls
    Quote Originally Posted by NCNPC29
    what's up bro! First let me say those are some respectable calories you are putting down for 180lbs.... as far as dowing a shake and going right back to sleep I have done that exact same thing too many times to count on the weekend... If I wake up around 6 or 7 cause I'm use to it, I'll down a shake or a meal and then go right back to bed for a few hours..get up and eat again...
    Exactly what I do as well !!!

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    yeah, i have actually eaten my breakfast then feel back asleep before, i see no problem with it. i whouldnt make a habit out of it but if your bulking then no worries.

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    i set multiple alarms on my phone on weekends. wake up & eat and back to sleep. second alarm, wake up & eat and back to sleep. i do this eveeryweekend and days off. rest and food.

damn i love my rest!

MoneyAddyct is offline Member
    No worries bro. I'm not taking summer classes right now nor am I working so my "job" pretty much this summer has been eating 6-7 meals a day and training my ass off. And I rarely wake up before 1 (although I usually set an alarm for around 8 and have a shake but not always). Just as long as I get my meals in, I don't care if I'm still eating at 3am before bed, I don't care when I wake up the next day. And it seems to work for me.

Thread Information