Thread: Mostly EGGS

Mostly EGGS

Ok, since ive been home from school my diet has been awsome, mostly lean meats,fish and chicke. I head back to school on the 23rd and realized if I wanted to keep up my diet the only thing the cafeteria offers as a clean protein source for pro/fat or pro/carb meals are hardboiled eggs. If im thinking this correctly and need my cals to be around 2,500 calories. Over 6 meals a day each meal would have to contain 8-10 eggwhites totalaling 48-60 a day. Then you add in your PWO protein and cottage cheese before sleep and I get my protein for the day. Is this bad and will I suffer with gains by making only eggs the staple of my protein.

Timm1704 is offline Anabolic Member
    not sure if it will hinder gains. afterall, nutrients are nutrients. but, i predict that you will start smelling alittle funky. sounds weird, but when i eat over 10 eggs a day, my farts stink of sulphur lol, and at one stage, when i was consuming plenty of yolks aswell, my head, yes, my HEAD (which is shaven) would smell weird, accoring to my girlfriend at the time. i stopped eating the yolks (went down to 2-4 per day, and the smell went

audis4 is offline Eat, Sleep, Lift...Repeat!
    No, I wouldn't think so at all. Eggs are such a great source of protein. I eat eggs 3 out of my 6 daily meals.

not sure if it will hinder gains. afterall, nutrients are nutrients. but, i predict that you will start smelling alittle funky. sounds weird, but when i eat over 10 eggs a day, my farts stink of sulphur lol, and at one stage, when i was consuming plenty of yolks aswell, my head, yes, my HEAD (which is shaven) would smell weird, accoring to my girlfriend at the time. i stopped eating the yolks (went down to 2-4 per day, and the smell went
    Lol, my farts smell weird with oats too. Doesn't stop me from rippin' 'em!

UpstateTank is offline Banned
    lmfao @ timm...thats great!

anyways i had the same problem as you my freshmen and sophomore years of school...lived on campus in shitty little dorm rooms so cafeteria food it was! Now going into my senior year ill be living in a town house which has a kitchen so food is not a problem...Eggs shouldnt hinder your diet at all its just a matter of how long its gonna take to drive you nuts from eating five dozen eggs a day...I dont know what the rules are at your school but I would maybe suggest getting one of those little George Foreman grills for your dormroom...and I know at my school they always gave the RA's suites which had kitchens in them maybe try to get in good with them so they can let you use their kitchen perhaps?

Yah I could bring or get a george...but I dont have a freezer to keep cutlets on demand, they also get pretty pricey and im broke as shit. Also was considering another source of protein. At the deli station I can get a plate of turkey. I dont know how good the quality is, but lets just say its B grade do you think I could possibly use that. I wouldnt be able to weight it out but I can guess about 8-10oz of turkey which would be a little more than a half a pound. I would assume protein content on that would be 35-40 grams. I might get a bit sleepy though. Thank god for unlimited meals though...a mans gotta eat!

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    Its never ideal to limit food intake to just a few things. It always open up the risk for a deficiency of something.

But eggs are the most complete naturaly occuring protein around so I dont think it will hurt gains. The fats in eggs are excelent aswell and the yolks are rich in vitamins.

NCNPC29 is offline Associate Member
    I lived on tuna in college...can't get much cheaper and easier than that..

If I were to live at the dorm I would: have my parents buy in bulk, tuna at cosco along with a big bottle of extra virgin olive oil; that and eggs, and cottage cheese and you should be set.

Audis4, welcome to my world 8 months out of the year.

IronFreakX is offline Banned
    I eat eggs almost everyday 10 whole eggs for breakfast and sometimes if Im out of steak or any fatty meat at night I cook about 20 with parsely, cheese and butter.... Eggs are great

I would happily eat 20+ eggs/day if they wherent so damn expensive over here

6 eggs cost ****ing 1,5-2$ here. ****ing robbery.

Quote Originally Posted by NCNPC29
    I lived on tuna in college...can't get much cheaper and easier than that..
    living on tuna myself now. God its gross

IronFreakX is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by johan
    I would happily eat 20+ eggs/day if they wherent so damn expensive over here

6 eggs cost ****ing 1,5-2$ here. ****ing robbery.
    Man we got these prices here too, but the organic, free range, etc... some of em are higher I think.

I buy the crappy eggs full of shit that taste nasty....

Heat up the tuna!!! get some cooked brown rice, and the tuna....put em in sauce pan with water, stir em till hot, put em in a bowl, throw some chopped Jalapenos, olive oil, salt and peper...good

eggs have some much cholesterol though

not so much when you eat the whites only, no?

PROTEINSHAKE is offline Protein Power
    COSTCO or SAMS....i buy 3 packs of 36 eggs at a time & 2 packs of 10 cans of tuna.....

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    Quote Originally Posted by CoreyTampa09

yes the whites are pretty much free and clear of cholestrole, its the yolk but the yol does carry some good cholestrole,

dietary cholesterol isnt a issue. It has no negative impact on health.

AnabolicBoy1981 is offline Anabolic Member
    my bros in school. lives on eggs.

i work, i live on eggs. I eat at least 3 dozen mostly whites a day. 4-5 out of 7-8 meals are eggs, with one yolk. breakfast is usaully with an ounce of chees instead of yolk, just for variety. i never get sick of them. eggs are right there with whey as far as BV rating.

bor
    bor is offline D-bol Poppin'
    Quote Originally Posted by CoreyTampa09
    exactly

bor
    bor is offline D-bol Poppin'
    Quote Originally Posted by got juice man
    eggs have some much cholesterol though
    only the yolks

Thread Information