IronFreakX is offline Banned

Help me get in 5000-6000 cals!!!

Ok Ive started training again..finally, my workouts are somewhat intense now, building up to Xtremely hard later on and I have a semi active job.

Sample from my workout:

Run 4 miles (will increase up to 10-15 later on)

Swim for 45 mins, under water too

Do maybe 500+ pushups, situps and around 75 pullups/dips

Im gonna be riding a bicycle now since my motorcycle is busted, Maybe 10 miles a day and Im gonna be working out more than once , like this, almost everyday.

Thing is I tried to get in 5-6K calories and its near impossible, the amount of food is just beyond belief....Im talking major portions in 3 meals

Thats 1500-2000 per meal!!!

Im wondering, strictly speaking from a health point of view now, would be bad for me with all this working, taking vitamins, resting, and making sure maybe 2-3K come from quality food and the other half from JUNK??

it's just sooo much easier to get calories from junk food compared to real food, health wise how bad is this??

Kale is offline ~ Vet~ I like Thai Girls
    Quote Originally Posted by IronFreakX
    Ok Ive started training again..finally, my workouts are somewhat intense now, building up to Xtremely hard later on and I have a semi active job.

Sample from my workout:

Run 4 miles (will increase up to 10-15 later on)

Swim for 45 mins, under water too

Do maybe 500+ pushups, situps and around 75 pullups/dips

Im gonna be riding a bicycle now since my motorcycle is busted, Maybe 10 miles a day and Im gonna be working out more than once , like this, almost everyday.

Thing is I tried to get in 5-6K calories and its near impossible, the amount of food is just beyond belief....Im talking major portions in 3 meals

Thats 1500-2000 per meal!!!

Im wondering, strictly speaking from a health point of view now, would be bad for me with all this working, taking vitamins, resting, and making sure maybe 2-3K come from quality food and the other half from JUNK??

it's just sooo much easier to get calories from junk food compared to real food, health wise how bad is this??
    Seriously I know a lot of shit is put on shakes but a well respected Vet here once told me if you cant eat it, drink it. You can get in five shakes a day with a cup or two of ground oatmeal in each shake which will help your calorie intake a lot. Dont do junk food dude, they are just empty calories.

Man theyre gonna have to be in Milk, Lactose free milk and thatd be about a gallon a day $$$$ plus the normal food.

I deff have to cook more ...I love cooking but I HATE cleaning up...

Man theyre gonna have to be in Milk, Lactose free milk and thatd be about a gallon a day $$$$ plus the normal food.

I deff have to cook more ...I love cooking but I HATE cleaning up...
    No way, all of mine are in water dude and seriously I cant taste the difference. It has to be cold water though out of the fridge or its gag time

Quote Originally Posted by Kale
    No way, all of mine are in water dude and seriously I cant taste the difference. It has to be cold water though out of the fridge or its gag time
    So what do you put in these shakes jut oats and whey?? did you try oil or is too nasty??

I wanna keep my fat intake at about 200grams and the main Macro would be Carbs, around 600grams.

How bad would it be if I had medium-high GI(regular pasta, potatoes, cereal, nutrigrain bars, etc....) carbs all day long?? Healthwise I mean, with all that fat Im taking.....but keep in mind Im working out like a madman.

I will deff be a bit more liberal with my foods since Im not cutting anymore or eating like that, so food will finally taste good LOL

I'll deff give that shake thing a try, anything else???

So what do you put in these shakes jut oats and whey?? did you try oil or is too nasty??

I wanna keep my fat intake at about 200grams and the main Macro would be Carbs, around 600grams.

How bad would it be if I had medium-high GI(regular pasta, potatoes, cereal, nutrigrain bars, etc....) carbs all day long?? Healthwise I mean, with all that fat Im taking.....but keep in mind Im working out like a madman.

I will deff be a bit more liberal with my foods since Im not cutting anymore or eating like that, so food will finally taste good LOL

I'll deff give that shake thing a try, anything else???
    In the shakes I put whey and oats which have been ground in a coffee grinder to the same consistencey as the whey. I also add Flaxseed oil if I want and you can barely taste the oil.

perfectbeast2001 is offline "king of free stuff" / Retired
    How many meals do you eat a day? Looking at your thread it says 3?? If thats true then you need to double the ammount of meals you eat at least.

chest6 is offline Banned
    So all of this is for..the army right? Is this why you can't eat more than 3 meals?

audis4 is offline Eat, Sleep, Lift...Repeat!
    dude...throw in yogurt, cottage cheese, nuts, berries, oats and chug away...you can add the calories up real quick with shakes.

audis4 is offline Eat, Sleep, Lift...Repeat!
    ....and natty peanut butter!

skribbble is offline Member
    my key is chocolate milk w/ no added sugar. get the low fat kind and its like 23 on the glycemic index so its lowwwwwwwwww

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    fug it IFX start drinking those XXL shakes by ABB they gots 1000 cals in em

Quote Originally Posted by perfectbeast2001
    How many meals do you eat a day? Looking at your thread it says 3?? If thats true then you need to double the ammount of meals you eat at least.
    I'm keeping em 3 to get used to it this way.

So all of this is for..the army right? Is this why you can't eat more than 3 meals?
    No, with all due respect to anyone in the Army, before I broke my foot I was in good phsyical shape that bootcamp would be a walk in the park.

I'm aiming for the SEALS now.

fug it IFX start drinking those XXL shakes by ABB they gots 1000 cals in em
    1090 calories, 50 g protein, 220 g carbs, 4g fat.

50g and 4g= 0 on the GI scale.

220 from malto=140 I think

How much is the GI of the supp then? too high I guess, I dont wanna become diabetic in the process man

Thanks for the replies, Ive come up with these Ideas.

1-IFX shake

blend oats till fine powder, add generic whey isolate, lactose free powdered milk, add chocamine powder, Inositol, lecithin, 5grams creatine and 5 grams glutamine.

2-Stick to high fat, high protein, carb rich foods for the most part.

wholegrain bread, enriched pasta, potatoes, fatty steak, pork, chicken thighs, add oil and butter to everything, some salads and shit for the micro,phyto etc....

Id get cottage cheese but it's not cost effective, I go through a 1lb container in 5 mins.

today I got in about 4000 cals but about 1200 of em were crappy from noodles with 1200mg sodium in each!!!

Time to do some shopping and spend money

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    nuts nut and more nuts. its easy to eat half a kilo of nuts each day and thats like 2500kcal. Its dirt cheap aswell and not to mention tasty

tuna shakes with olive and flax oil arent all that bad either.

Columbus is offline Anabolic Member
    Right on Jo - I am getting a jar of pb, goal is to finish it every 3 days.....plus, nuts...Ill just grab a bad of trail mix mixed nuts and eat em all day long....3 meals a day will do more damage than good.....exactly how you store bf, but maybe that your goal!

I'd do muscle milk and cytogainer - 3x a day before resorting to junk food!

m-man is offline Junior Member
    Kärnfysikern do you know the information for 100g of nuts? and what kind do you eat? thank you very much

Thread Information