Columbus is offline Anabolic Member

Bulking question -

This prob. sounds like a true newb question, but I got one while bulking. It seems like Ive cut for so long, I've forgotten how to eat.....sure I have hjefty meal plan in tact, but my question is, say you are still hungry or hungry an hour after your meal....do you guys eat whatever, as long a its clean, or do you stict strivtly to your plan

for example:

I have 1.5 cup oats, cassein, egg whites in meal #2 - if I'm still hujngry, it's cool to grab a couple rice cakes, or some almonds, etc, right? Just keep it clean? Do you stray from yor plan?

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    when i bulk i have no plan i just fuggin eat man, and eat it all really what ever is in my path,

gimme some ideas.......bulking now? Those friggn rice cakes (multigrain) are to die for...I could eat a sleeve easy!! And peanut buter, my GOD!

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    Quote Originally Posted by Columbus
    gimme some ideas.......bulking now? Those friggn rice cakes (multigrain) are to die for...I could eat a sleeve easy!! And peanut buter, my GOD!

some of my bulking meals

steak/icecream

chciken/cookies

tuna/rice

breakfast tocos

bacon egg cheese bisket with hash browns

just really what ever is there as long as i get the protein i need

mmmmmmmmmmmm

JohnboyF is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Columbus
    This prob. sounds like a true newb question, but I got one while bulking. It seems like Ive cut for so long, I've forgotten how to eat.....sure I have hjefty meal plan in tact, but my question is, say you are still hungry or hungry an hour after your meal....do you guys eat whatever, as long a its clean, or do you stict strivtly to your plan

for example:

I have 1.5 cup oats, cassein, egg whites in meal #2 - if I'm still hujngry, it's cool to grab a couple rice cakes, or some almonds, etc, right? Just keep it clean? Do you stray from yor plan?
    Columbus, IMO i would say it depends on your body.. I mean "if your hard gainer" then i don't think the extra carbs would hurt. However some people respond diffrently to extra carbs or they would like to keep fat to minimum. If your still hungry the extra rice cakes might not hurt for bumping the cals if your weight has stagnated. But if your hungry you could eat vegetables to keep you full for a bit.. JMO

I have always been a fat kid, but now I am skinny....6'1, 165 and 8%......veggies are for cutting, I think I need the excess cals!!!

audis4 is offline Eat, Sleep, Lift...Repeat!
    Eat some fruit with yogurt on top and trail mix....mmmmm!!!
    OR
    couple cups of cottage cheese and nuts on top with dried fruit.

budlight1 is offline New Member
    being chubby rocks. I lost a bunch of weight and saw my abs for the first time thsi summer. when i cut i realized i was way to small and unhappy. i can't wait for my belly to come back i miss him, we were together for 20 years you know. I'm jsut going to bulk gain some fat, do my first cycle towards december. then cut with clen .

Quote Originally Posted by audis4
    Eat some fruit with yogurt on top and trail mix....mmmmm!!!
    OR
    couple cups of cottage cheese and nuts on top with dried fruit.
    hmmm...no fruits...no dairy....but nuts and cc isnt bad......id rather grab a jar of pb or make some pro pudding

Superballer is offline Associate Member
    ha. some differing opinions here.

If it is a lean bulk, IMO, I wouldn't stray from your set plan at all, unless you are not gaining in the way you want, then make the appropriate changes to the plan and stick to them.

If it is a dirty bulk and you don't care about gaining fat, then by all means eat whatever you want in addition to the clean foods that will make sure you grow.

I just know that during my last bulk I ate clean foods and ALOT of clean foods and managed to put on a lot of Bodyfat that took 3 months to cut off. If I would have been eating to my plan and not just eat everything clean in sight, then I would have spent those three months gaining, not cutting. and by the way, I'm a classic ectomorph.

IronFreakX is offline Banned
    I dont follow a plan nemore, I eat good 95% of the day but whatever whenever I want, good foods, all day long whenever Im hungry.

I like this way better it deff works for me, I was a misreable SOB when I ate 6 meals a day....

Superballer is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IronFreakX
    I dont follow a plan nemore, I eat good 95% of the day but whatever whenever I want, good foods, all day long whenever Im hungry.

I like this way better it deff works for me, I was a misreable SOB when I ate 6 meals a day....
    Lucky man....

I'm about as strict when bulking as I am when cutting, just more of the appropriate foods. Sometimes I will round up a little with the scale, when I'm real lazy.

And I eat sushi much too often.

no my point was to stay strict, for roughly 55 meals a week...then two meals of all out cheating will be perfectly acceptible right? I am strict all week and then get two cheat meals a week where I eat whatever and as much as I can without making myself sick...that is 98% clean....agreed? A lot of cheeating haters on the other threads..I wish SC would chime in...esp on low dose gear like test and eq...thats gonna be fat! Who's with me?

Tommy Boy is offline Junior Member
    Audis4.. lay off the meth... Nice AV.

I work out at 6am. I have a creatine / NO drink.. then and hit it hard for 40 minutes. HEAVY weights. The cals you burn in early am are fat/ carbs left over from yesterday. 20 minutes of HIIT... Then I eat like a freaking dog.
    just my 2 cents worth......

But, kids..... cut down on the blow !

audis4 is offline Eat, Sleep, Lift...Repeat!
    Audis4.. lay off the meth... Nice AV.
    hahah...ya my bad, just so addicting!

Thread Information