BruceLeeWannabe is offline Junior Member

Goin from Cutter to Bulking soon

I'll be doing a lean muscle bulk in 2 weeks. I'm down to 158 around 8-9% fat(thanx to the diet tweak to the AR community!). so far very satisfied with my results. i'll be cutting for the next 2 more weeks and then doing a clean bulk. I want to keep bodyfat at minimal when bulking, so ill still be doing cardio 3-4x a week 45 minutes each time.

Meal 1

8 egg whites, 1 whole egg, 1 cup of oatmeal with fresh blueberries, and a slice of toasted 12 grain bread with sugarfree jam

Meal 2

1 can of Tuna with a table spoon of NPB.

Meal 3

6oz of chicken breasts(grilled also marinated in Stubb's marinade. its only got 95 sodium with no fat no carbs and nothing.) with 2 cups of whole wheat pasta, and low fat pasta sauce and a cup of broccoli.

Meal 4

6oz of Superlean grounded turkey breast with chopped up tomatoes and onions with balsamic vinegar. and a table spoon of olive oil.

Train.

PWO shake (80g dextrose, 40g of whey)

Meal 6

1 cup of brown rice and Salmon (with some tobasco sauce) and broccoli

And finally a 40 gram whey shake before bed if i am awake.

any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by BruceLeeWannabe; 08-13-2006 at 05:16 PM.

copenhagen is offline Member
    im curious about the caloric values of your diet. i would make your pre workout meal a pro/carb, it looks good on paper, but without numbers its hard to really nail it down.

so should i switch meal 3 and 4? i cannot crunch the numbers on top off my head, but ill get it done by the end of the night.

Columbus is offline Anabolic Member
    at first glance, you are bulking and this doesnt look like nearly enough cals. Remeber you train hard, you need to eat just as hard too. I am about 10lbs heavier than you and bulking now too. I'll stay under 11% (I hope), but my cals are about 4,500. I also get two cheats a week. Your diet looks well laid out, but maybe TOO clean....I shoot for 8 meals a day. 40-50g of pro and 50-t60 carbs in every meal. Fats in meal 1, pretrain and prebed....you need the cals bro...for example, I have 3 cups of oats a day, alone....coupled with 2lbs of chx or lean beef

perfectbeast2001 is offline "king of free stuff" / Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by BruceLeeWannabe
    so should i switch meal 3 and 4? i cannot crunch the numbers on top off my head, but ill get it done by the end of the night.
    Yes you should switch. I would like to see macros listed as it looks pretty lean. All in all good layout once you switch the meals so you might just need to add some quantity

Quote Originally Posted by Columbus
    at first glance, you are bulking and this doesnt look like nearly enough cals. Remeber you train hard, you need to eat just as hard too. I am about 10lbs heavier than you and bulking now too. I'll stay under 11% (I hope), but my cals are about 4,500. I also get two cheats a week. Your diet looks well laid out, but maybe TOO clean....I shoot for 8 meals a day. 40-50g of pro and 50-t60 carbs in every meal. Fats in meal 1, pretrain and prebed....you need the cals bro...for example, I have 3 cups of oats a day, alone....coupled with 2lbs of chx or lean beef
    Agreed. I train VERY hard. Also I'm a cardio maniac I still do 4-6 times a week at 45 minutes 12 incline and 3.8 speed on empty stomach. I'm taking a break from hitting the bags and decided to take on a game since im bulking so i'm sitting down more than im moving. Here are the macros, I tried my best went to the supermarket did some research online and here's what i came up with.

Stats: 5'10 1/2 161lbs at 7-8% BF. My goal is to bulk up LBM 10-15lbs in the next year and stay lean as possible. I know i'm small, but I'm a very strong guy for my size and My goal different from most of the people on this board. I know you guys are understanding and mature about this, so I won't be shy to tell you my goals.

P.S. I'm trying to keep my bodyfat low as possible. So i try to eat extremely clean. Sometimes i switch out meal 2 for 8 egg whites 2 whole eggs with mayo to make an egg salad.

Meal 1

8 Egg whites with 1 whole egg (31.7g of protein), 1 cup of oatmeal (54g of carbs) and 1 slice of whole grain bread (20g of carbs). I will be adding a scoop of whey protein with this meal starting next week or two.
    Pro: 31.7g
    Carbs: 54g
    Fat: Under 10g, I could not find this any where about how much fat in Eggs.

Meal 2

1 Can of Tuna (37g of protein) with 1 Table spoon of full fat mayo(10g of Fat) I will be adding another half a can of Tuna which would be extra 15g of protein and maybe another half a table spoon of Mayo.
    Pro: 37g
    Carbs: 0g
    Fat: 10g

Meal 3

Half of tomato(5g) and half an onion diced(5g). ( this is what i got from the web, not sure of these maybe some of you pros can correct me.) With 6oz of Lean ground turkey breast (roughly 40g of protein) with 1table spoon of Olive oil ( 14g of fat) and 1tb of balsamic vinegar.
    Pro: Roughly 40g
    Carbs: 10g
    Fat: 14g

Meal 4

6oz of Chicken Breast (Roughly 40g of protein), .75 cup of Whole Wheat elbow pasta(61g of Carbs) with 1/2 cup of Sauce (3g of fat, 6g of carbs), and a cup of broccoli
    Carbs: 61g
    Fat: 3g

Meal 5

This is my PWO shake, which consist of 2 sccops of whey (44g of protein) along with 6 tea spoon of Dex(Roughly 60g of carbs)
    Pro: 44g
    Carbs: 60g
    Fat: 0

Meal 6

This is if i'm awake. I come back from the gym around 1030-11pm and if i'm awake ill eat this meal, if not i won't

1/2 cup of brown rice uncooked (33g of Carbs) with 6oz of Salmon (46g protein, not sure about fat). If i do not have salmon at the house, i will Drink another shake and eat brown rice with a cup of broccolli.
    Pro: 46g
    Carb: 33
    Fat: Not sure on salmon value.

This in total comes out to
    Pro:236g
    Carb: 218g
    Fat: 27g.
    Last edited by BruceLeeWannabe; 08-16-2006 at 12:11 PM.

svarturer is offline Senior Member
    944 + 872 + 243 = 2059 cals
    is this your cutting diet ?

I am not going to critique with my personal thoughts cause I hate when people do it to me but let me say this. The cals (IMO) are extremely too low. You are also too concerned with 100% clean....Ive tried it and it just doesnt work. Cardio is one thing, 45 mins 4-5days a week is excessive. You are burning the candle at both ends bro. It wont work. Eat, train, rest eat, train..the more muscle you develop, the more cals you'll burn!

Quote Originally Posted by BruceLeeWannabe
    Agreed. I train VERY hard. Also I'm a cardio maniac I still do 4-6 times a week at 45 minutes 12 incline and 3.8 speed on empty stomach. I'm taking a break from hitting the bags and decided to take on a game since im bulking so i'm sitting down more than im moving. Here are the macros, I tried my best went to the supermarket did some research online and here's what i came up with.

Stats: 5'10 1/2 161lbs at 7-8% BF. My goal is to bulk up LBM 10-15lbs in the next year and stay lean as possible. I know i'm small, but I'm a very strong guy for my size and My goal different from most of the people on this board. I know you guys are understanding and mature about this, so I won't be shy to tell you my goals.

P.S. I'm trying to keep my bodyfat low as possible. So i try to eat extremely clean. Sometimes i switch out meal 2 for 8 egg whites 2 whole eggs with mayo to make an egg salad.

Meal 1

8 Egg whites with 1 whole egg (31.7g of protein), 1 cup of oatmeal (54g of carbs) and 1 slice of whole grain bread (20g of carbs). I will be adding a scoop of whey protein with this meal starting next week or two.
    Pro: 31.7g
    Carbs: 54g
    Fat: Under 10g, I could not find this any where about how much fat in Eggs.

Meal 2

1 Can of Tuna (37g of protein) with 1 Table spoon of full fat mayo(10g of Fat) I will be adding another half a can of Tuna which would be extra 15g of protein and maybe another half a table spoon of Mayo.
    Pro: 37g
    Carbs: 0g
    Fat: 10g

Meal 3

Half of tomato(5g) and half an onion diced(5g). ( this is what i got from the web, not sure of these maybe some of you pros can correct me.) With 6oz of Lean ground turkey breast (roughly 40g of protein) with 1table spoon of Olive oil ( 14g of fat) and 1tb of balsamic vinegar.
    Carbs: 10g
    Fat: 14g

Meal 4

6oz of Chicken Breast (Roughly 40g of protein), .75 cup of Whole Wheat elbow pasta(61g of Carbs) with 1/2 cup of Sauce (3g of fat, 6g of carbs), and a cup of broccoli
    Carbs: 61g
    Fat: 3g

Meal 5

This is my PWO shake, which consist of 2 sccops of whey (44g of protein) along with 6 tea spoon of Dex(Roughly 60g of carbs)
    Pro: 44g
    Carbs: 60g
    Fat: 0

Meal 6

This is if i'm awake. I come back from the gym around 1030-11pm and if i'm awake ill eat this meal, if not i won't

1/2 cup of brown rice uncooked (33g of Carbs) with 6oz of Salmon (46g protein, not sure about fat). If i do not have salmon at the house, i will Drink another shake and eat brown rice with a cup of broccolli.
    Pro: 46g
    Carb: 33
    Fat: Not sure on salmon value.

This in total comes out to
    Pro:236g
    Carb: 218g
    Fat: 27g.

copenhagen is offline Member
    bro, you can go over to fitday.com and plug the foods you eat and it will give you a total caloric breakdown. i would also advise you to shoot for atleast 3000cals. if your paranoid about staying lean then do some cardio 2-3times per week. but its all about bulking, be happy and eat like you want(within reason) thats what its all about!

Thanx for the comment guys. I guess I'll cut my cardio days to 4 days instead of 6. I decided to eat clean, but literally eat everything I see on my table. Also i will cheat 1-2 times a week(not too crazy but maybe a chicken parm hero and a slice, or something along that line). I will update my weight gains weekly in another thread or on this one.

Now you got it........don't go nuts, but get in 3,500 - 4,000 clean calories minimum. If you want to do cardio 7x a week, do it, but do it very light, even a walk...for 20 minutes.....then plan out two solid cheat meals! and I mean CHEAT!

Lat week, sat night I had a full box of oreos and a 1/2 gallon of 1%
    sunday was a huge prime rib, loaded baked potatoe and ctone cold creamery!

audis4 is offline Eat, Sleep, Lift...Repeat!
    then plan out two solid cheat meals! and I mean CHEAT!
    Cheats aren't needed when bulking, your carbs should already be high enough not to need a glycogen refill. That's why your bulking; eating more clean foods.

I am 100% when I cut and I am allowed 2 chet meals a week during a bulk...cals are high, yes, but not sure what your point is....it takes the place of one solid meal, plus KILLS all cravings during a cut.....I would never fathom cheating during precontest, but do what you want...

audis4 is offline Eat, Sleep, Lift...Repeat!
    Now you got it........don't go nuts, but get in 3,500 - 4,000 clean calories minimum. If you want to do cardio 7x a week, do it, but do it very light, even a walk...for 20 minutes.....then plan out two solid cheat meals! and I mean CHEAT!

Lat week, sat night I had a full box of oreos and a 1/2 gallon of 1%
    sunday was a huge prime rib, loaded baked potatoe and ctone cold creamery!
    You are still really horny about trying to tell people to cheat...let them do what they want. A carb up day makes more sense while cutting....SO DROP IT!!!

horny

haha. you guys...you guys are great. today i ate...8 egg whites 1 cup of oatmeal(measured uncooked) with blueberries and 2 slices of whole wheat bread(20g of carbs each). 1 can of tuna with 1table sppon of mayo(regular not low fat), 6oz chicke breast with 1 cup of broccoli and 1 cup of brown rice (measured non cooked), and just had a shake about 30 minutes ago with 1 table spoon of olive oil. im goin grocery shopping now for some salmon, chicken along with whole lots of other stuff. goin to have 1 cup of ww pasta(measure uncooked) along with 6oz of chicken breast again with some broccolli before i hit the weights tonight. I feel very full throughout the day and feeling great so far. ill keep ya'll updated..if anybody cares.

Thread Information