mistergodbody is offline Junior Member

how much dextrose with protein PWO

my gym is 24 hrs so i workout pretty late...about 10:30pm. since all you helpful guys are telling me to mix dextrose with my pwo protein drink, how much dextrose should i be mixing with my protein PWO? another question is, since the muscle asks for so much protein after workout. right now im taking in 50grams of protein...should i take in about 70grams pwo?? thanks guys
    Last edited by mistergodbody; 08-17-2006 at 01:47 PM.

i meant to write should i take in 70-80 grams?
    Last edited by mistergodbody; 08-17-2006 at 01:49 PM.

Prada is offline Anabolic Member
    Any where from a 1:1 to 2:1 Protein:Carbs ratio.
    All depends on goals and preference. Some prefer none

Personally Id still eat a little something PPWO

k my goal is to do a clean bulk....so just lookin to put on lean muscle without the fat.....so if im taking in 60-70grams or more of protein i wouldnt know how much dextrose to take for a clean bulk.

Prada is offline Anabolic Member
    Anywhere from 0-140
    I prefer 1:1 ratio so I take 60g
    It's not your PWO shake that'll make you fat, it's the rest of your diet.

audis4 is offline Eat, Sleep, Lift...Repeat!
    wow, this is like the 100th post on dextrose in the past 2 days.

my pwo won't make me fat even if i workout pretty late...sometimes im done at the gym around 11 30pm? and i go to bed at 2-3am?

BruceLeeWannabe is offline Junior Member
    I drink my pwo shake at 11:00pm mostly and i havnt gotten fat. the usual rule that seems to go around this board is 1:2 protein to dex ratio but see what works for you. I take 40g of whey and 60g of dex and its fine and tasty.

so basically dextrose does what insulin injections do pwo....without running the risk of death i guess haha

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by mistergodbody
    so basically dextrose does what insulin injections do pwo....without running the risk of death i guess haha
    no acctualy not. The insulin spike even from alot of dextrose is unable to create any bigger anabolic effect than a modest insulin spike from a low gi carb...

jdh
    jdh is offline Associate Member
    why would you take in double the protein then carbs for pwo? its usually the other way around. and if your eating 50g of protein at your other meals i wouldnt take that in for both your pwos. id cut it down to maybe 40 or so for each pwo , that is assuming your having your first pwo immediately after training and your 2nd pwo about 1.5 hrs. later.

see, that confuses me sooo much! The fact that alot of guys do 1:2 of protein to dex. i always thought that protein was king....and that should always be consuming more protein than the fats and carbs. can someone please enlighten me on this subject for pre-WO and pwo and why 1:2 pro/dex works better ?

audis4 is offline Eat, Sleep, Lift...Repeat!
    just do what works for you

you're right audis, bro.....but i just dont wanna have to start off on the wrong foot..and then have to fix it.....then tweak my diet a lil more, then a lil more....i just wanna start off right....cuz im so depressed right now--i'm not on growth hormone anymore. Honestly guys, anyone who hasn't tried growth.....should definitely try it for at least 8 months.....i swear on everythingggggg! that was God's gift to me. OMG!! i could eat cardboard all day and still get huge and ripped!

jdh
    jdh is offline Associate Member
    im not going to pull up a bunch of bs studies and articles on the subject like so many others on this board that swear by studies and not real life experiences , but the standard as long as i can remember for pwo has always been 2:1 , carbsrotein.

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    if you think your PWO is going to make you fat, or you are gaining fat and you think its your PWO offering, i would suggest looking elsewhere in your dietary approach.

go with 45-55g protein and 80-100g carbs. you don't have to use dextrose either. i personally have seen no advantage to using it, seeing as whey and oats and half a banana are my PWO of choice.

Thread Information