needbigguns is offline Once Human and Inferior - Now Beast-Like and Superior

How can i POSSIBLY intake 400g of PROTEIN per day ?

Starting IGF-1 soon and i have beeen advised i need 400grams of protein per day, how can i possibly intake this much ? Am i right in thinking the body can only take in 35grams at a time ? if i have 3 weight gainers aday thats only just over 100grams... so how else can i possbly get another 300 grams if i can only take in 35gs every say two hours... theres only so many hours in a day it just dosent work out if you ask me...

klobb is offline Junior Member
    I have yet to see any conclusive (or indeed any at all) scientific evidence supporting the seemingly popular notion of 30 (or 35, or 40) grams of protein being the maximum that the body can handle at one sitting. Given the right cicumstances and body type, I see no reason why it shouldn't be possible to digest 70-80 grams at once. I'm quite sure the average bodybuilder's metabolism could easily take care of, say, 50 grams at any given time.

24labor is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by klobb
    I have yet to see any conclusive (or indeed any at all) scientific evidence supporting the seemingly popular notion of 30 (or 35, or 40) grams of protein being the maximum that the body can handle at one sitting. Given the right cicumstances and body type, I see no reason why it shouldn't be possible to digest 70-80 grams at once. I'm quite sure the average bodybuilder's metabolism could easily take care of, say, 50 grams at any given time.
    I agree I'm sure big ron has a hell of a lot of protein in his meals. Just make sure to drink pleanty of water

SMYL_GR8 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by needbigguns
    Starting IGF-1 soon and i have beeen advised i need 400grams of protein per day, how can i possibly intake this much ? Am i right in thinking the body can only take in 35grams at a time ? if i have 3 weight gainers aday thats only just over 100grams... so how else can i possbly get another 300 grams if i can only take in 35gs every say two hours... theres only so many hours in a day it just dosent work out if you ask me...
    You can intake that much b/c you're on gear. Running any t3 or slin with it?

C_Bino is offline $BAM-7246~AR-Hall of Famer
    You dont need to limit your intake to 35g per sitting. I eat 60g every serving, so that is 7 whole food meals per day and not to mention my protein supplementation. I easily get over 400g everyday. Probably around 450g. I wouldnt rely on weight gainers to get your 100g. Maybe one weight gainer as your PWO shake if you want but that would be it for me.

perfectbeast2001 is offline "king of free stuff" / Retired
    Yeah forget that 30-35g per meal stuff. Thats based on joe average who dont train and dont take gear. I like to make sure each meal contains a similar ammount of protein throughout the day. Its also important to work out your macros to get your fats and carbs correct too.

IBdmfkr is offline AR VET
    35grams is nothing.. like 40oz meat. Try eating 8-10oz portions 6times/day. Easy as that. Play with your carb/fat intake to control your bodyfat/calories each day. Add cardio if needed.

chest6 is offline Banned
    35g? Most of my meals are in the 60-70g range and 80-100g in carbs

SuperLift is offline Senior Member
    I heard from a nurse that an average body can digest 50-60 grams of protein per hour. That gives you plenty of time to consume 400 grams in a whole day.

sooners04 is offline Senior Member
    Get up earlier so you can get at least 16 waking/eating hours in. 8 meals x 50grams per meal = 400g.

InsaneInTheMembrane is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    Eating protein from whole foods allow a steady release of protein into your system from one meal to the next.... So your body is never maxed out on protein absorption... its the shakes that you have to be more mindful about... over 50g of fast digesting whey is fine PWO because your body needs it but at other times, take a shake with casein in it as well...there's so many night-time protein shakes u can choose from now days

scriptfactory is offline Anabolic Member
    Now you know why some bodybuilders wake up in the middle of the night to eat an extra meal...

IBdmfkr is offline AR VET
    Yep, the only time I take a shake is early hours (casein + bcaa's) and back to bed on the off-season.

Venum is offline Member
    i always questioned that same exact thing. now i feel better eating 70 grm protein meals. i used to think the body could only break down 30-40 grams every 2-3 hours. i thought the rest would store as fat or something. stupid me. glad to hear i am wrong!

chest6 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sooners04
    Get up earlier so you can get at least 16 waking/eating hours in. 8 meals x 50grams per meal = 400g.
    Thats the key..when I wakeup at 2 or 3 on weekends thats when it becomes difficult..

Thread Information