mavsluva is offline "Gone but not forgotten" 10/11/07

Healthy Chicken Parmesan

Below is my wife's recipe for a healthy chicken parmesan dinner. And ladies and gents, it's as close to total greatness as you can get. Enjoy!

Chicken Parmesan

You will need:
    2 lbs. Chicken breasts
    1 cup bread crumbs
    ½ c. Parmesan cheese (you can hold off on this if wanting to conserve calories, etc.)
    ¼ c. parsley
    1/8 t. salt
    1/8 t. garlic powder
    Jar of Healthy Choice spaghetti sauce OR for healthier version, make the homemade sauce recipe listed on the back of cans of diced tomatoes or tomato paste.
    Mozzarella cheese (fat free or low fat)

Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick spray. Beat the chicken until ½ inch thick or so. Set aside.

Mix in a bowl bread crumbs, parsley, salt, garlic powder, and parmesan cheese (if you are using the parm. cheese).

Put the chicken in the mixture coating both sides of the chicken. Place it on the baking sheet and bake for 12 minutes or so.

When the chicken is completely cooked, use a spoon to completely cover each chicken with sauce. Top with a little bit of mozzarella cheese. Place back into the oven and cook until cheese melts, about 5 minutes or so.

Serve with low carb spaghetti or wheat pasta, or if wanting to hold off on carbs you can serve it with steamed broccoli.

IBdmfkr is offline AR VET
    Awesome bro, we need more recipes in this section like this.. the same old stuff gets old after a while, it's nice to prepare a nice meal one night a week.

So keep em coming! Gotta be some cooks out there.
    -B D
    DO NOT ASK FOR A SOURCE, NONE SHALL BE GIVEN.
    -NO SOURCE CHECKS!-

[email protected]
    If asking cycle advice Post up Stats/previous cycle experience/goals!

If asking diet advice Post Stats/current diet/goals!

“Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same.”

I B D
    AR VET

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    thanks mavs

jef
    jef is offline Member
    Have you ever added up the macros? Any idea how many cals, pro, fat and carbs would be in an average serving?

Quote Originally Posted by jef
    Have you ever added up the macros? Any idea how many cals, pro, fat and carbs would be in an average serving?
    That would be pretty hard to decipher. It would all depend on the size of your chicken breasts, amount of cheese, did you include any pasta with it, etc. Just take what the recipe calls for and modify it to your diet requirements.
    Last edited by mavsluva; 08-23-2006 at 10:08 AM.

JohnboyF is offline Banned
    Thanks Mav...

Keep em coming bro

Venum is offline Member
    sounds awesome! def will try it out

StoneGRMI is offline Giggity Giggity Giggty!
    Blog Entries
    I do something very similar. Instead of noodles lately I've been eating bamboo shoots with sauce on them. Tastes very similar to noodles if you use your imagination with sauces and side veggies. Here are the nutrtional facts for bamboo:

Amount Per 1 cup, (1/2" slices)
    Calories 40.77
    Calories from Fat 4.08

% Daily Value *
    Total Fat 0.453g 1%
    Saturated Fat 0.104g 1%
    Polyunsaturated Fat 0.202g
    Monounsaturated Fat 0.0106g
    Cholesterol 0mg 0%
    Sodium 6.04mg 0%
    Potassium 804.83mg 23%
    Total Carbohydrate 7.85g 3%
    Dietary Fiber 3.32g 13%
    Protein 3.93g

magico is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mavsluva
    Below is my wife's recipe for a healthy chicken parmesan dinner. And ladies and gents, it's as close to total greatness as you can get. Enjoy!

Chicken Parmesan

You will need:
    2 lbs. Chicken breasts
    1 cup bread crumbs
    ½ c. Parmesan cheese (you can hold off on this if wanting to conserve calories, etc.)
    ¼ c. parsley
    1/8 t. salt
    1/8 t. garlic powder
    Jar of Healthy Choice spaghetti sauce OR for healthier version, make the homemade sauce recipe listed on the back of cans of diced tomatoes or tomato paste.
    Mozzarella cheese (fat free or low fat)

Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick spray. Beat the chicken until ½ inch thick or so. Set aside.

Mix in a bowl bread crumbs, parsley, salt, garlic powder, and parmesan cheese (if you are using the parm. cheese).

Put the chicken in the mixture coating both sides of the chicken. Place it on the baking sheet and bake for 12 minutes or so.

When the chicken is completely cooked, use a spoon to completely cover each chicken with sauce. Top with a little bit of mozzarella cheese. Place back into the oven and cook until cheese melts, about 5 minutes or so.

Serve with low carb spaghetti or wheat pasta, or if wanting to hold off on carbs you can serve it with steamed broccoli.

Very good but if you are cutting or for lower calories I roll them in oatmeal and bake them ,or roll them in whole wheat cornflakes..

Good call Magico. My wife and I have tried the whole wheat Cornflake approach, and it was decent. However, leftovers were not too pleasant.

magico is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mavsluva
    Good call Magico. My wife and I have tried the whole wheat Cornflake approach, and it was decent. However, leftovers were not too pleasant.
    If you nook them they are bad the leftovers,ig you heat thewm in the oven they will be ok crysp again.Another Idea is to bake as you need them meaning freezing them and taking then out as you need.All you have to do is pop them in the oven.

Mizfit is offline Banned
    made it last nice - awesome and so easy

Thread Information