Thread: guys in contest

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries

guys in contest

What do you eat before a contest to "pump" up and get the veins to show ?
    How much time/how much of it do you eat ?

Prada is offline Anabolic Member
    Actually it's what you dont eat that shows the vascularity. You can take whatever "supplement" you want but if BF isnt extremly low you wont see the the details. By nature I was never vascular around 13BF% but just dropping to 10%BF got the details out very explicitly. It was quite amazing

1buffsob is offline Mr.Modesty
    Most "shit load" actually. Doughnuts, candy, pancakes, peanut butter, etc. Basically anything with simple carbs and fats. They don't intake water though, so there's no chance of "spilling over".

There's a long process to get to that point though. Search for "shit loading" and you'll find numerous ways to do it.

1buffsob

mjfpt73 is offline New Member
    I heard if you drink a glass of wine it would the vascularity out a little...

IBdmfkr is offline AR VET
    I didn't "shitload", I depleted and then started low GI carb loading Thursday before show, On fri night/sat I threw in some higher GI carbs and before stage-time during the evening I actually played with fatloading a bit. You don't want to spill so overdoing it isn't a good idea IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by IBdmfkr
    I didn't "shitload", I depleted and then started low GI carb loading Thursday before show, On fri night/sat I threw in some higher GI carbs and before stage-time during the evening I actually played with fatloading a bit. You don't want to spill so overdoing it isn't a good idea IMO.
    Love the new avvy BD. You look great.

If I remember correctly, you also steered away from diuretics as well. Correct? I've read on numerous occasions that the common "shitload", is much more dangerous in terms of spilling over, if diuretics aren't utulized.

Also BD, did you feel your deplete/load could of been improved in anyway? If you could offer any advice or share any of your experiences, I'd really appreciate it.

Yes, timing/trial and error is everything. The sat night after show my meal was wholewheat pancakes, s/f syrup, half dozen egg beaters, couple slices of ham and a glass of chocolate milk. Sunday morning I looked freaky as hell.. But I very well could've spilled, I took the more conservative route on my load with lower GI carbs because I didn't know what to expect etc.. Not sure if that answered your question just giving you more details on what I did.
    Btw I've been eating very clean since the show but larger amount obviously and I'm sitting at around 200lbs, I weighed at 178.5 on Sat morning. Still holding abs and most of my definition, deff holding a bit of water from the sudden change in calories etc, but thick as hell.
    There is something strange about dieting down to that degree that changes your physique that I can't explain, I have a totally different build now than I did 10wks ago.
    -B D
    DO NOT ASK FOR A SOURCE, NONE SHALL BE GIVEN.
    -NO SOURCE CHECKS!-

[email protected]
    If asking cycle advice Post up Stats/previous cycle experience/goals!

If asking diet advice Post Stats/current diet/goals!

“Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same.”

I B D
    AR VET

Thanks BD. The part you said about how getting so lean changes your physique, I've heard that many times after people compete in their first comp. I'm guessing in a good way though.

Deff. my shape has changed for the better. I'll take a pic in a few weeks or so and post up 8wks out from contest, contest condition and 8wks after contest to see the difference.

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    I do this minus the bit in bold

Thursday evening i start to load load GI carbs.

Friday i continue to load

Saturday i eat at maintenance.. monitoring how what i've ingested affects my fullness.

Before hitting stage i drink half a bottle of honey while pumping up.. and maybe some alcohol just prior to pumping up (an ounce or so.. Alcohol gives a ridiculous pump when strategically used.. The combination of that, a high GI sugar.. and the the fact that i'm water depleted forces water from under my skin into my muscle.. resulting in increased fullness and vascularity)

Nark

Deff. my shape has changed for the better. I'll take a pic in a few weeks or so and post up 8wks out from contest, contest condition and 8wks after contest to see the difference.
    Awesome BD. I'd really like to see that. Are you having Bobby help you with your off season diet this time around?

Sure am, all the way up until the contest at the end of 07.. Hoping to turn national at that time, time will tell.

chuck89gt5.0 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Narkissos
    I do this minus the bit in bold

Thursday evening i start to load load GI carbs.

Friday i continue to load

Saturday i eat at maintenance.. monitoring how what i've ingested affects my fullness.

Before hitting stage i drink half a bottle of honey while pumping up.. and maybe some alcohol just prior to pumping up (an ounce or so.. Alcohol gives a ridiculous pump when strategically used.. The combination of that, a high GI sugar.. and the the fact that i'm water depleted forces water from under my skin into my muscle.. resulting in increased fullness and vascularity)

Nark

Have you ever done a shit load? I myself think a clean carb up would work best but I have not yet competed so I wont know till I try. But I know you have done s few shows, what have you found to work best.

Other bros feel free to chime in!

Thread Information