sircharles is offline Associate Member

Came to a realization about bulking:

I know everyone says to avoid carbs/fats in the same meal, especially when bulking and to strictly monitor EVERYTHING you eat

BUTTTT, does this go for the average guy trying to get bigger or for people who are actually thinking of doing competitions?

After reading numerous threads, I realized a number of people here are the latter.....just curious :/

audis4 is offline Eat, Sleep, Lift...Repeat!
    Quote Originally Posted by sircharles
    I know everyone says to avoid carbs/fats in the same meal, especially when bulking and to strictly monitor EVERYTHING you eat

BUTTTT, does this go for the average guy trying to get bigger or for people who are actually thinking of doing competitions?

After reading numerous threads, I realized a number of people here are the latter.....just curious :/
    Actually it should be more strict for cutting to not mix macros. When I bulk its going to be very clean too.

Hard to say, depends on your metabolism. For me if I keep it very clean, I wont gain much fat.

sircharles is offline Associate Member
    Well with me, my natural frame and metab. keeps me slim and in shape. The last 2 weeks Ive monitored EVERYTHING I eat on fitday.com (love that site by the way) and have been keeping my carb/pro/fat % where I want it, BUT now that classes have started back, its very hard to watch everything.

plus im not working as much, so i cant afford some of the super healthy food i was buying

audis4 is offline Eat, Sleep, Lift...Repeat!
    IMO, I would keep everything as clean as possible for minimal fat gain and maximum muscle gain, JMO.

If your gaining to much fat too quick, adjust macros and throw in a little am cardio.

InsaneInTheMembrane is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    This "theory" comes with its most ardent followers and the biggest critics!

IMHO, separating carbs and fats is important for cutting because you want to minimize insulin spike and fat storage and keep your furnaces burning thru most of the day. The only time you want a spike is PWO to repleneish glycogen. Plus, you get to concentrate your already limited carbs into the two most important meals of the day (PWO and PPWO).

However, in "clean" bulking, I feel you can mix fat and carbs ONLY if the fat is of the EFA variety (flax, EFA pills, nuts, olive oil, etc...) and the carb is of the Hi-fiber Low GI variety (oats, brown rice, wholewheat pasta etc..)... But, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, a high GI carb + saturated fat combo is a NO-NO (unless its a cheat meal): for example, french fries and a regular coke OR a regular brownie! YES, dextrose PWO is cool, so is a juicy steak with some fat in it for dinner.... but dont mix simple sugars and saturate fats even when "clean" bulking

cheers
    Last edited by InsaneInTheMembrane; 08-30-2006 at 10:12 PM.

Thread Information