AnabolicAndre is offline Anabolic Member

Tips to keep fat away while lean bulking?

I seem to gain fat pretty easily. Well, maybe its not so much fat as it is bloating. Regardless, What do you do to maintain a good range of BF while bulking.

I like to throw in short 30 min sessions of cardio on my days off.

bigsd67 is offline Anabolic Member
    I only go up 100 calories or so every two to three weeks and keep track of my bodyfat and measurments. If you gain weight, but your body fat goes up a point you may have to bring your calories back down a bit. I always try to keep a clean diet even when bulking, I don't use it as an excuse to eat like sh!t.

chest6 is offline Banned
    Yeah, slowly ramping up after you have finished cutting is definitely a good idea. I find that if Im not doing cardio at least 3 times a week, I'll put on bodyfat no matter how spot on my diet is. (while bulking of course)

tinyguy2 is offline Member
    gaining fat during a bulk is expected. why worry about it so much? my abs have been missing for a few weeks now. why go so clean and gain 10 pounds of muscle when you can go a little dirtier and gain 20 pounds of muscle with a little bit more fat.

1buffsob is offline Mr.Modesty
    There is a great anabolic rebound coming off a cutting diet that can lead to a lot of muscle growth. However, if not done right, can lead to excessive fat gain. If you're natty and concerned with fat gain, best to ramp up like bigsd67 and chest said.

Quote Originally Posted by tinyguy2
    gaining fat during a bulk is expected. why worry about it so much? my abs have been missing for a few weeks now. why go so clean and gain 10 pounds of muscle when you can go a little dirtier and gain 20 pounds of muscle with a little bit more fat.
    Some people like to stay lean year round. And it is not always necessary to put on excessive fat to make more gains. Just because you're eating dirtier, does not mean you'll gain more muscle.

perfectbeast2001 is offline "king of free stuff" / Retired
    I like to do cardio daily and take R ALA and Biotin with my carb meals (not PWO though) Helps me to keep a little lean.

Quote Originally Posted by 1buffsob
    Some people like to stay lean year round. And it is not always necessary to put on excessive fat to make more gains. Just because you're eating dirtier, does not mean you'll gain more muscle.
    this is a good idea for people who have a good deal of muscle but many newbies follow this same idea and it ends up taking 3 times as long to gain muscle. when i get up to about 230 ill start doing this staying lean year round deal. i like to have some fat in the winter anyway like a hibernating bear. plus women love the bulk belly;-)

audis4 is offline Eat, Sleep, Lift...Repeat!
    this is a good idea for people who have a good deal of muscle but many newbies follow this same idea and it ends up taking 3 times as long to gain muscle. when i get up to about 230 ill start doing this staying lean year round deal. i like to have some fat in the winter anyway like a hibernating bear. plus women love the bulk belly;-)
    Actually, it's a good idea to do a clean bulk for newbies or pros. Like 1buff said, you aren't going to gain more muscle doing a dirty bulk, just adds more unwanted fat.

chest6 is offline Banned
    I dont really agree with this

IBdmfkr is offline AR VET
    Not quite how it works buddy, but if it makes you feel better while eating a cheeseburger then keep telling yourself this. lol
    -B D
    DO NOT ASK FOR A SOURCE, NONE SHALL BE GIVEN.
    -NO SOURCE CHECKS!-

[email protected]
    If asking cycle advice Post up Stats/previous cycle experience/goals!

If asking diet advice Post Stats/current diet/goals!

“Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same.”

I B D
    AR VET

bigsd67 is offline Anabolic Member
    I got fat in my offseason once and had to diet down for 24 weeks and ended up doing cardio twice a day for 50 minutes, which really fing sucked. I dont like getting fat, nor do i recommend it to anyone wanting to eventually diet down and get leaner. JMO

Quote Originally Posted by bigsd67
    I got fat in my offseason once and had to diet down for 24 weeks and ended up doing cardio twice a day for 50 minutes, which really fing sucked. I dont like getting fat, nor do i recommend it to anyone wanting to eventually diet down and get leaner. JMO
    Exactly how I see it. Less fat means less cutting. You can be comfortable in a comp diet and keep kcals a bit higher when you stay lean throughout the offseason. It makes it easier on the muscle, not to mention your mood.

But if you don't mind me asking, what bf% were you that took 24 weeks of cutting?

Quote Originally Posted by IBdmfkr
    Not quite how it works buddy, but if it makes you feel better while eating a cheeseburger then keep telling yourself this. lol
    cheese burgers are good

chest6 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 1buffsob
    Exactly how I see it. Less fat means less cutting. You can be comfortable in a comp diet and keep kcals a bit higher when you stay lean throughout the offseason. It makes it easier on the muscle, not to mention your mood.
    Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by bigsd67
    I got fat in my offseason once and had to diet down and ended up doing cardio twice a day for 50 minutes, which really fing sucked. I dont like getting fat, nor do i recommend it to anyone wanting to eventually diet down and get leaner. JMO
    Yep..I just seem to get fat no matter what, though

Jakt is offline Associate Member
    everyone is diff... i usually do it super dirty, but then when i cut i loose like 20 lbs or more, lol 205 to 170!!!! i'm now 185, but gonna start bulkin a lil cleaner to keep fat down and fit in my clothes!

Thread Information