Bulkcut is offline Associate Member

Need a Cut diet in Iraq

Hey Guys
    usually at home i can research and find a good diet and actually follow it because food is available. Now I know the basics, 6 small meals a day high in protien low in Carbs. But the problem is I am in Mir-east and food at the chow hall sucks because its too good. Like they have fried chicken, chicken nuggets, Ham burgers, potato wedges, and also cheese sticks. SOmetimes they get grilled chicken, Steak or sea food but most of time food is greasy and shity. THey also have tuna but its has a lotta mayonaise mixed in it.
    My goal is to loose much fat as i can in 1 month with diet, proper work out and ECY/A stack. I am sitting at like 160 pounds with about 15-18% BF.
    I got ON protien on the way from a website, I also got some HMB pills about 3 bottles. I got CLA and FLAX seed oil on the way as wellplus the whole ECY/A stuff.
    Can you guys help me make a deit plan?? WHat can i possibly eat? and also I know its better to get your protien from food rather then powder but i dont mind taking 4 - 6 small shakes a day if i have to.
    I need to get loose weight no matter what. So please help me with a plan.
    I retian fat in my chest and also my lower belly. I never had a freakin 6 pack! just a 4 pack.
    THank for helping me out

audis4 is offline Eat, Sleep, Lift...Repeat!
    Read the cutting sticky...no one will make you a diet.
    6 meals a day is right....where did you get high protein and low carbs?
    Anyways, plan a diet, list macros (cals, protein, fats, carbs) post the diet and it will be critiqued.

Quote Originally Posted by audis4
    Read the cutting sticky...no one will make you a diet.
    6 meals a day is right....where did you get high protein and low carbs?
    Anyways, plan a diet, list macros (cals, protein, fats, carbs) post the diet and it will be critiqued.
    THanks i was just reading the sticky
    I am working on a diet right now.
    I am not sure if i can get macros because they don't have intake values at the chow hall. But i can list amount of protien i can intake and *****3,6,9 fats.
    Well let me get to work on it I will try my best to list all info i can
    THanks

JohnboyF is offline Banned
    Hey, First of good job on what your doing both in the middle east and sticky to diet (not indulging in burgers etc.)

I would suggest if no other food source is avalible.. since you purchased some thing online. Why not buy Bulk Egg whites. They only ship in the US but if you send them to friends house he can possibly ship out to you.Also you could find oats in Middle East if not order those as well. It's going to get boring and old fast but you may be able to reach your goal faster.

something like this
    oats/egg w
    shake
    oats/egg
    chow hall chick breast
    shake
    oats/egg...

Just a suggestion because i dont no extacly what you have to work with.

Meal 1:
    Protein Shake in the morning 20grams, Multi Vitamin Pill

Meal 2:
    Depending on what they serve (Fish, Burger no bun, or vegetables) With Flax

Meal 3:
    Protein Shake 20 Grams

Meal 4:
    Dinner (depending on what they serve) Steak, vegetables whatever they got

Meal 5:
    Protein 20g

PWO
    Meal 6:
    Protein Shake 20g (with Flax pills)

100 – 140g of protein per day
    Unfortunately that’s all the meals I can list because we don’t know what they serve and when they serve
    I will add CLA and ECY/A

Quote Originally Posted by Bulkcut
    Meal 1:
    Protein Shake in the morning 20grams, Multi Vitamin Pill

Meal 2:
    Depending on what they serve (Fish, Burger no bun, or vegetables) With Flax

Meal 3:
    Protein Shake 20 Grams

Meal 4:
    Dinner (depending on what they serve) Steak, vegetables whatever they got

Meal 5:
    Protein 20g

PWO
    Meal 6:
    Protein Shake 20g (with Flax pills)

100 – 140g of protein per day
    Unfortunately that’s all the meals I can list because we don’t know what they serve and when they serve
    I will add CLA and ECY/A
    PWO you want Pro/Carb, not Pro/Fat. In that meal sitaution i'd say grab 1-2 pieces of fruit

GOod point, I will take Flax on meal 5 and carb intake right after i work out. Thats when i feel the most shity anyways and also hungry
    what else can i change to make this better?
    I am also in the process of getting some TUNA packets and Oatmeal shipped here soon

If your getting tuna and oatmeals shipped use those as the base of your diet.. and if the hall serves grilled chicken grab that. But i'd say do your cardio eat as clean as possible till you get every thing good to go.

YEa i am gonna get much tuna and oatmeal as possible. I Will eat oatmeal at night if i have to. Thank you for your help man
    If i weight about 160 LLBS how much protien should i be taking? 1g/per pound or little bit less? I heard about .8 in mens health mag but i am unsure

zodiac666 is offline Senior Member
    first i would get rid of the CLA, you will get plenty of saturated fat just eating at the chow hall a few times a day.

get as much tuna as possible, that was my main source of protein when i was deployed. also some of the chow halls have lunch meat, if yours does that can solve alot of your problems. 6oz of chicken or turkey lunch meat is a perfect serving of protein. also for breakfast get hardboiled eggs 8-10 whites with 1-2 yolks if you are allowed.

be real careful of the carbs they serve in the chow hall, as you know their "plain" rice is usually greasey as hell.

good luck, getting your body in top shape is a great thing to focus on while you're deployed

Okay, I will get rid of CLA and use that during the Bulking stage. Yea i think they do have lunch meats. We don't do breakfast because our weird schedual. We work 13 hours (3days on 1 day off) from like 11pm to Midnight. By the time we are on post we allready missed breakfast But thanks for reminding me of the lunch meat its perfect. I hope they have it. Also the MILK sucks here.
    Yea Carbs do suck here everything is greasy. They try to make things taste good as they can here for us so that means unhealthy food.

I found this works best for me:
    CARDIO
    pro/carb
    pro/fat
    pro/carb
    WORKOUT
    pro/carb
    pro/carb
    pro/fat

CLA is used by people who are on a very strict diet. the main sources of CLA are cheese and ground beef so if you are going to be eliminating all saturated fat from your diet you could use CLA.

I found this works best for me:
    CARDIO
    pro/carb
    pro/fat
    pro/carb
    WORKOUT
    pro/carb
    pro/carb
    pro/fat
    I wish i could do cardio in the morning but I can't. I can only go to gym once and thats after work
    But i do want to eat carbs because If i don't i get tired really easy.
    So i will try to match my deit to yours and seperate carbs from fats
    Another question is What kind of carbs? Give me some foods with good carbs.
    (brocllie, asparagus, peas, carrots, potatos?, fruits) those are things that are avaible here. Also how much protien do i intake perday? Thanks

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Dining facilities are very handy - lots of good foods to choose from... you have to just stay away from the crap that the fat and lazy tend to indulge on.

Quote Originally Posted by Bulkcut
    I wish i could do cardio in the morning but I can't. I can only go to gym once and thats after work
    But i do want to eat carbs because If i don't i get tired really easy.
    So i will try to match my deit to yours and seperate carbs from fats
    Another question is What kind of carbs? Give me some foods with good carbs.
    (brocllie, asparagus, peas, carrots, potatos?, fruits) those are things that are avaible here. Also how much protien do i intake perday? Thanks
    eat as many vegetables as you want and dont count them towards your total carbs. just make sure they arent cooked in oil or anything. potatoes are decent carbs, also rice and oatmeal, even bread. i wouldnt touch the pasta though, i imagine it has an insane amount of oil in it.

a good rule is to get at least 1g of protein per pound of bodyweight

Quote Originally Posted by zodiac666
    eat as many vegetables as you want and dont count them towards your total carbs. just make sure they arent cooked in oil or anything. potatoes are decent carbs, also rice and oatmeal, even bread. i wouldnt touch the pasta though, i imagine it has an insane amount of oil in it.

Awwsome thanks for your help man.
    I am defenatly gonna eat lots of veggies then
    I will make sure that they are not cooked in Oil

also fruit is healthy but has alot of sugar in it. just eat fruit a few times a week, and dont eat large servings (one orange instead of two)

Actually WW pasta is an excellent choice. Like Zodiac said, I don't count vegetables (broccoli, green beans) towards my carbs. Usually eat oats, yams, WW pasta as my main carb sources.

Actually WW pasta is an excellent choice. Like Zodiac said, I don't count vegetables (broccoli, green beans) towards my carbs. Usually eat oats, yams, WW pasta as my main carb sources.
    not in most chow halls, they use an insane amount of oil keep the pasta from sticking. also most dont serve WW pasta

Yea food is oily here for example, you have probably done this. You can take a napkin and place it on top of pizza or anything and you can see how much oil the napkin soaks up. It defenatly is greassy

not in most chow halls, they use an insane amount of oil keep the pasta from sticking. also most dont serve WW pasta
    Oh gotcha, thought you just meant on the whole.

ricogl40 is offline Junior Member
    I AGREE W/ WARRIOR- YOU can usually find quite a bit of good food at a dining facility/buffet if you know what to look for. If all they have is fried meat, go to straight turkey breast slices from the deli. or get some kidney beans for a pro carb meal, also get in your vegetables fresh/raw. I dont know what you are working with exactly, but if you have a salad bar and a deli station, you can usually find some good stuff. Also try to get good with the cooks- maybe they will grill up some chk breast for ya on the side- like i said, i dont know exactly what you have to work with, but make the best of what you have.

Thread Information