Thread: breakfast ideas

powerliftmike is offline ~Elite AR-Hall of Famer~

breakfast ideas

Guys I need to be getting in like 1000 cals at breakfast. My metabolism is outta control, i need like bare min 5-6k per day. I need some help getting there. Im really disappointed in my breakfast. I use to eat eggs all the time, but kinda got sick of them. Im gonna try to boil some later tho to have in the fridge.

I dont have alot of time here in the morning, and I cant just eat a pack of bacon for my calories cause my cholesterol is always kinda high.

I will always have 1 cup of oats, 1 whey shake, and grapefruit or OJ, with my flax oil tabs, and multi with breakfast. somedays i will throw in a bannana or a little plain nonfat yogurt.

I need something to fill me up tho!!!!!!!!!!!! argg Should I throw in some grits and milk too?

any ideas? thanks!

IBdmfkr is offline AR VET
    Sorry Mike but there is no way your maintenance caloric intake is anywhere near 5-6K calories/day.

But either way, if you don't mind putting on fat then add whole milk/jelly/cream cheese/butter/peanut butter etc to your morning meals for flavoring etc.. try eating a couple pieces of fruit on top of your meals etc.

I see no reason to exceed 500-700 calories/meal, just plan more meals during the day, if you can't grow off 7 - 700calories meals, something is wrong.
    4900 calories from whole foods.

powerliftmike is offline ~Elite AR-Hall of Famer~
    Quote Originally Posted by I**mfkr
    Sorry Mike but there is no way your maintenance caloric intake is anywhere near 5-6K calories/day.

But either way, if you don't mind putting on fat then add whole milk/jelly/cream cheese/butter/peanut butter etc to your morning meals for flavoring etc.. try eating a couple pieces of fruit on top of your meals etc.

I see no reason to exceed 500-700 calories/meal, just plan more meals during the day, if you can't grow off 7 - 700calories meals, something is wrong.
    4900 calories from whole foods.
    thanks I**mfkr. i dont know exactly what my maintanance caloric is, but i know its way higher than most ppl. its mostly in my genetics that way. ive never had much of a problem keeping off fat either, regardless of what i eat.

GUnit33 is offline Member
    If you need to fill yourself up, try a BUNCH of egg whites with veggies mixed in for an omelet, and add some FF cheese in there for extra protein, and the texture will fill you up more, and than take in 1 cup of oats with some berries mixed in and some cal free syrup. Perfecto. That's my bulking Bfast. Good times.

perfectbeast2001 is offline "king of free stuff" / Retired
    I use Johans pancake recipe. 1 cup oats, 8 egg whites, 1/2 cup plain yog, dried fruit, little milk and cinnamon. Blend then in the frying pan with a little pam. I then mix some dymatize butter cream whey with some yogurt and use it as filling. Thats about 750 cals and it's damn tasty. You can make em the night before as they taste great cold too.

zimmy is offline Anabolic Member
    wow...never thought of the butter cream idea!!!! THanx

Jakspro is offline Member
    Get some thick wheat bread, the kind that has about 25gm carbs per slice, whip up 4 whole eggs and 4 more egg whites, and make some french toast. You can get a big pan and do 2 at a time, takes about 3 min. When done, put some natty fruit spread on top. You can eat the first 2 while you make the second and be finished with a thick breakfast in about 20 min. or less, depending on how fast you clean. And you can brew a pot of coffee while the first duece is cooking.

Want even more cals, throw some Natty butter in there too and make a PB&J french toast sandwhich

Jakspro is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by perfectbeast2001
    I use Johans pancake recipe. 1 cup oats, 8 egg whites, 1/2 cup plain yog, dried fruit, little milk and cinnamon. Blend then in the frying pan with a little pam. I then mix some dymatize butter cream whey with some yogurt and use it as filling. Thats about 750 cals and it's damn tasty. You can make em the night before as they taste great cold too.

True, I make these the night beore i have to get up at 6. Great for eating in the car too.

Columbus is offline Anabolic Member
    shit, who says breakfast has to be the thypical breakfast.....eat what you want.....have chicken and sweetpoatoe fries..........beef and some olive oil.....brown rice and fish............whatever

DNoMac is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Columbus
    shit, who says breakfast has to be the thypical breakfast.....eat what you want.....have chicken and sweetpoatoe fries..........beef and some olive oil.....brown rice and fish............whatever
    I was thinking the same thing reading this thread. I love my eggs, but it takes that much longer to get out the door. I might use eggs as a fat meal (love yolks). For breakfast, I much just precook some chicken breast that way I can eat on my way out the door.

What is dymatize butter cream whey? I like the idea, just not sure what that is.

dymatize whey is a brand of whey...butter cream is one of their flavor's... it's heaven too

ahhhh. Have you tried optimum's whey cookies n cream?

man... butter cream is like 10000x better In my opinion atleast Cheaper too.

audis4 is offline Eat, Sleep, Lift...Repeat!
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmy
    dymatize whey is a brand of whey...butter cream is one of their flavor's... it's heaven too

That shit's BOMB!!!!
    My favorite flavor to date.

IronFreakX is offline Banned
    I eat a 1000 calorie breakfast, I have to limit myself cause If I dont I easily get up to 2500

1tbs butter, 6 whole eggs, 7 slices of American cheese

Thats 1000 right there and thats nothing, thats just a very small breakfast IMO.

marsab73 is offline Junior Member
    How About Good Ole Fashioned Over Easy Eggs Over Rice.....fills You Up With A Ton Of Calories And Play With It However You Wish....one Whole Egg 5 Whites Or Whatever.....

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    dang I had even forgot about the pancake recipe myself lol

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    to bad fried eggs, bacon and sausage is out of the question. There is no more plesant way to start a day than with susage, bacon and eggs

audis4 is offline Eat, Sleep, Lift...Repeat!
    1000 cals easy!!
    WW bagel w/ cream cheese, cheese slices, eggs, cottage cheese, nuts, banana
    I'm with I**...see no reason for that many cals for 1 meal.

moto man is offline Junior Member
    I hear ya mike. I only weigh 195 and if I don't get 5000 cals a day...I don't grow. Eat anything and stay relatively lean too. Its afull time job tryign to keep up with meal prep.

Grappler13 is offline Productive Member

Oatmeal +

Blend up some stone cut oats (cooked) with some whey/bananas/egg whites (if you're feling lucky). That should be an easy 1000. I also like cytogainer (the protien/carb ration is like 40/60 and with milk, it gets you to 910 calories. Cholesterol is a bit high and stay away from the strawberry flavor (absolutely disgusting).

bor
    bor is offline D-bol Poppin'
    Quote Originally Posted by johan
    to bad fried eggs, bacon and sausage is out of the question. There is no more plesant way to start a day than with susage, bacon and eggs
    And BREAD baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lots of it you dip it in the yolks mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Thread Information