bigcat3727 is offline Junior Member

theory on lean bulk

Thinking about this for the past week and wanted to get some opinions before I start making a diet up. While cutting its more or less advocated that the most important time to have low GI carbs is first thing in the morning after your cardio, and then the time before/after your workout. I am thinking a good way to do a lean bulk would be taking in your low GI carbs before an AM weight training workout, followed by dex or a low GI carb PWO depending on your preference, then sticking to protein/fat meals every 2.5 hours the rest of the day. Possibly with 2 night time cardio sessions a week, where BCAAs and glutamine are takin in prior to starting 30 mins of incline treadmill, to keep the heart healthy and prevent any fat gain. Does this theory hold any weight at all? my biggest concern would be not getting enough calories from the p/f meals? all thoughts are appreciated...

bor
    bor is offline D-bol Poppin'
    Sounds ok, there's no reason you couldn't get enough cals from your pro fat meals....the 2 night time cardio sessions per week wont make much of a diff though IMO

bigcat3727 is offline Junior Member
    wut about a 5 on 2 off training split where the off days i did 45 mins of cardio on empty stomach... reason for the cardio is to keep the heart healthy, and i dont wanna go from 5 days of cardio a day for 45 mins to no cardio at all and an increase in calories... can definitly lead to lots of fat gained

bor
    bor is offline D-bol Poppin'
    Quote Originally Posted by bigcat3727
    wut about a 5 on 2 off training split where the off days i did 45 mins of cardio on empty stomach... reason for the cardio is to keep the heart healthy, and i dont wanna go from 5 days of cardio a day for 45 mins to no cardio at all and an increase in calories... can definitly lead to lots of fat gained
    Same thing bro....2 days a week just wont make a diff IMO, but try it maybe it works for you or just throw in 20 min at the end of each training session

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    Quote Originally Posted by bigcat3727
    you say on an empty stomach... why would you then take in BCAAs before your session? save them for after. i would have a preworkout carb meal, PWO and PPWO all consisting of carbs. carbs encourage growth and help your body to recover, not only physically but mentally as well. i don't know if you have implemented a plan yet, but i wouldn't bulk with that low of an amount in the carbohydrate category.

Thread Information