acesand is offline New Member

Pwo Nutrition and cutting

If you don't do cardio in the am, when do you guys take your pwo shake? I usually lift(while sipping pwo),then do cardio, how does this affect my weight loss, with me restoring glycogen levels.

audis4 is offline Eat, Sleep, Lift...Repeat!
    Do your workout, cardio, then have your PWO shake

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    Quote Originally Posted by acesand
    If you don't do cardio in the am, when do you guys take your pwo shake? I usually lift(while sipping pwo),then do cardio, how does this affect my weight loss, with me restoring glycogen levels.
    why would u drink shake while lifting thats idiotic.. ur pooling ur blood from ur muscles to ur stomache to digest which is hindering ur lifting capabilities

do it and do it right.. if ur doing pwo cardio then LIFT, drink some bcaa+additiona aminos, then do cardio, then drink pwo shake

if u dont do pwo cardio then lift DRINK shake then go home and eat

acesand is offline New Member
    "why would u drink shake while lifting thats idiotic.. ur pooling ur blood from ur muscles to ur stomache to digest which is hindering ur lifting capabilities"

that makes sense, i never noticed any hinderance on my lifts though. (maybe thats why I cant lift much lol) I like your plan of bcaa then cardio, I will try that.

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    Quote Originally Posted by acesand
    "why would u drink shake while lifting thats idiotic.. ur pooling ur blood from ur muscles to ur stomache to digest which is hindering ur lifting capabilities"

that makes sense, i never noticed any hinderance on my lifts though. (maybe thats why I cant lift much lol) I like your plan of bcaa then cardio, I will try that.
    bcaa is the new hip thing apparently ENJOY lol

rockinred is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I was recently trying to experiment with this.. I have to lift and do cardio all at once... I was taking a protein shake before I leave for gym right when I wake up at 0430... hit the weights... cardio.... and then go home shower and have Pro/carb- 10 egg whites. 1/2- 1 cup oats... off to work... What would be optimal solution here?? trying to cut still... spend about an 1-2 hours working out.

IBdmfkr is offline AR VET
    Quote Originally Posted by taiboxa
    bcaa is the new hip thing apparently ENJOY lol
    Not to mention it's backed by research and studies showing advantages of doing so.

Jaded is offline New Member
    does anyone have a link to a good explanation of the bcaa choices and advantages? I'm interested in learning more

Look up these BCAA's and read about them.
    Leucine
    Isoleucine
    Valine

More amino's that are helpful to know about and you can utilize:
    L-arginine
    L-glutamine
    Also there are many micro-nutrients/vitamins that are helpful to know about, here are a few:
    Zinc
    Magnesium
    Chromium Picolate
    Vit-E
    Vit-C
    Vit-A
    Potassium
    etc..

usualsuspect is offline Anabolic Member
    Depending upon training frequency and intensity one may not need to be in a hury to replenish glycogen post WO. Simply providing adequate protein and good quality fats as a fuel source can be just fine. although there IS the post work out window of improved insulin sensitivity... Many different ways to approach things!

it's all over rated. As long as your eating clean and adequate calories, wether you take your PWO meal after weights, or after weights AND cardio, it wont effect you. A good idea would be to drop the shake and replace w/ a whole food meal after your weights and cardio.

Undecided09 is offline Senior Member
    So ur not buyin the PWO shake SS?? Is this an outdated practice?? I'm only asking because I'm beginning to think about my post-contest rebound bulking schedule, lol....And I'm tryin to figure out how I wanna do it...

~M.A.D.

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    A shake pwo with whey is important because its the essential amino acids that increase protein synthesis and whey is richer in eaa's than whole foods. You dont need much carbs in that pwo shake though.

Slam a shake at the gym, go home, eat a meal.

I agree with stayin that it doesnt hurt one bit to down the meal after the pwo cardio. The "post workout window" last for as long as it needs to, you can wait 3 hours post workout and then eat and you will still get the enhanced effect. But eating fairly soon after the cardio is good to blunt the catabolic hormones.

I prefer BCAA's, seem much more effective than whey protein.

Jaded is offline New Member
    thanks for the response... It sounds like I'm doing ok with the PWO shake and meal... but I'll definately look into the list you gave me IB

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by I**mfkr
    I prefer BCAA's, seem much more effective than whey protein.
    Yeah any essential amino acid would get the job done. Aslong as you get someting in the order of 15-20 grams of EAA's. I just use whey because its the cheapest if I could afford EAA's I would use it especialy when cutting to be able to limit kcal even more by cutting out the non essential amino acids.

Thread Information