Thread: WW bread

yodaddy is offline Associate Member

WW bread

how come noone uses whole wheat breads as a source of protein?.....is it that bad for you...and if so what is so bad about it?...i love two peices of grilled chicken on toasted whole wheat bread with hot sauce and lettuce i could eat that shit all day

svarturer is offline Senior Member
    maybe becouse its more of a carb source ?

not a bad thing at all imo

audis4 is offline Eat, Sleep, Lift...Repeat!
    Quote Originally Posted by svartur
    maybe becouse its more of a carb source ?

not a bad thing at all imo

you dont eat oats for the fat content
    ya, ww bread is perfectly fine....wouldn't recommend it for cutting though.

i didnt mean protien source haha my bad...meant to write carb source.....im a lil slow thanks for the responces guys

Quote Originally Posted by yodaddy
    i didnt mean protien source haha my bad...meant to write carb source.....im a lil slow thanks for the responces guys
    lol no worries just playin. ya, you will be fine though!

ok good cuase i love that ish......u have a S4 man?....if so what year color and all......its one of my top 5 cars defff

Quote Originally Posted by yodaddy
    ok good cuase i love that ish......u have a S4 man?....if so what year color and all......its one of my top 5 cars defff
    S4's are tight for sure. I had a silver one last year ('02). I bought a diff car. I love German...def. my fav. brand for sure. My dads talking about an RS4 for graduation....we'll see though.

usualsuspect is offline Anabolic Member
    Not bad as a cheat meal.

usualsuspect u think whole wheat bread should only be used as a cheat meal?......why is that?....

DNoMac is offline Senior Member
    I'd say unless your competing or seriously cutting, it shouldn't be a problem. I throw it in the mix every now and again, but don't rely on it completely as my carb source. Usually when I get sick of my oats (rarely), or I need something convenient such as meals-on-the-go, I use bread. Happy eatings

yo,

No grains in my daily/regular diet. Only as a cheat. Even then, I'll make the cheat grain corn or even rice, definitely not the gluten grains (wheat, oat, barley, rye).

To a greater or lesser degree, I think we are all reactive to gluten.

When you remove it from your diet you will drop some bad weight and you will feel sharper mentally.

Gluten and other grain/legume items cause GI irritation to ALL organisms. A spectrum does exist as to the severity of symptoms with "celiac sprue" being a full blown expression gluten enteropathy.

As this site indicates
    http://www-cme.erep.uab.edu/onlineCo...iac/ID0225.htm

5 years ago full blown celiac was estimated to be 1 in 3000. Now it is estimated to be 1 in 300. I can guarantee you it is much more frequent than that.

Check pubmed, the information is easy enough to find, believe what you want.

This enteropathy has been well documanted across species and is due in part to the decreased stature and general poor health of agrarian societies compared to hunter-gatherer and pastoralists. Read all fo the research articles offered athttp://www.thepaleodiet.com/
    for a more complete perspective.

Ps Wheat and other gluten laden foods are highly liked to acne. Ever since eliminating all wheat and starchy carb sources from my diet, my skin has been clearer than its ever been (I'm certain "Steel Curtain Acne Defense" cream had a lot to do with it as well).

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    now that you mention it my tummy seems to be a bit kinder to me now that I very rarely eat foods containing gluten.

never been much of a bread eater though. Not that I think its horrible, it just never had any real place in my diets.

zodiac666 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by usualsuspect
    yo,

No grains in my daily/regular diet. Only as a cheat. Even then, I'll make the cheat grain corn or even rice, definitely not the gluten grains (wheat, oat, barley, rye).
    what kind of carbs do you eat then?

i eat bread and pasta occasionally but whether im dieting or bulking, oats and rice are my main sources of carbs. just about everything i have read says that they have a low GI and are good for sustained energy.

zodiac666 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by usualsuspect
    yo,

maybe im missing something but if you eliminate all grains and starchy carb sources what does that leave you with? sweet potatoes? what carb sources to you eat?

Quote Originally Posted by zodiac666
    maybe im missing something but if you eliminate all grains and starchy carb sources what does that leave you with? sweet potatoes? what carb sources to you eat?
    Zodiac,
    Personally I've found the best results with fruits and veggies as my main carb source with tubers thrown in from time to time.

Our bodies are basically a gas tank...you empty it every day and you refill it through eating carbs (of course you don't overfill it if fatloss/muscle gain is your goal). Fruit is great, when ingested with a meal, with fat, the GI is lowered even more. I would recommend fruits and vegetables with every meal. Vitamins, minerals, fiber, all good stuff which leads to long term health. I tend to lean more heavily on vegetables then fruits.

I think it would be interesting to find out exactly how many grams of carbs it takes to completely fill glycogen stores without spilling over into fat stores. Theoretically, if we knew this amount we would be able to fill glycogen stores to their fullest without any fat gain. I think one of the great benefits of lower carb diets is that you really don't have to worry about this. As long as you eat enough protein your body can manufacture glucose on an as-needed basis through gluconeogenesis, and glycogen stores never spill over.

But I can vividly remember when I felt weak tired and flat during the "switch" and thought low carb sucked. But, I stuck it out because I heard about the benefits. I'm glad I stuck with it because it changed my life. It's like waking up from the dead. Performance definitely is better for me now that I'm a fat burner instead of a sugar burner. Health and muscularity have also improved a lot and I can take type off from working out and not lose any muscle or gain fat. I think it is really a superior diet from my experience. Of course, most will diagree because of preprogrammed bias', but you can never really know until you try for yourself and allow enough time for the "switch".

Thread Information