MoneyAddyct is offline Member

Is (Fruit) Juice Okay?

I tried looking this up but you could imagine the results I got with the keyword "juice" in it. Most of the diet information out there concerns what to eat, not what to drink. The only advise I've ever read concerning beverages was "Stay away from soda." I'm wondering, is juice like fruit juice and V8 okay? If not, what else other than water is safe to drink as far as bodybuilding goes?

JohnboyF is offline Banned
    Fruit juice is not a good choice. Its alot of sugar...

I would go with Crystal lite, Green tea, Sugar free/ Diet soda, sugar free kool-aid

perfectbeast2001 is offline "king of free stuff" / Retired
    fruit juice would not be ok to use as a drink to have anytime you feel thirsty but it could be part of a diet if used at the right time. For example I use grapefruit juice to take oral AS with (studies have shown GF juice increases absorbtion of oral meds) about 1 hour before I train. I might also be good to have some juice with your breakfast or PWO. You silmply need to read the nutrional info on the juice and see if it has a place in your diet. I personally would never use juice for cutting as it has a high GI compared to other choices (dried prunes for example)

Chad B is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by FaizakaFez
    Fruit juice is not a good choice. Its alot of sugar...

I would go with Crystal lite, Green tea, Sugar free/ Diet soda, sugar free kool-aid

Unsweetened Green tea is the BOMB! Just add 5 bags in a gallon of water. Drink all day!

All the other stuff you mention tastes good but not that good for you. One diet soda a day is OK

Raw fruit with whey, before or after an A.M workout would be good. Juice no good, enzymes dead, Vitamins almost all gone and it is pure sugar. Go Raw!

Thanks guys...I'm not a fan at all of Green Tea but I'll start to force myself.

Quote Originally Posted by perfectbeast2001
    fruit juice would not be ok to use as a drink to have anytime you feel thirsty but it could be part of a diet if used at the right time. For example I use grapefruit juice to take oral AS with (studies have shown GF juice increases absorbtion of oral meds) about 1 hour before I train. I might also be good to have some juice with your breakfast or PWO. You silmply need to read the nutrional info on the juice and see if it has a place in your diet. I personally would never use juice for cutting as it has a high GI compared to other choices (dried prunes for example)

What do you drink whenever you feel thirsty?

JohnboyF is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Chad B
    Unsweetened Green tea is the BOMB! Just add 5 bags in a gallon of water. Drink all day!

All the other stuff you mention tastes good but not that good for you. One diet soda a day is OK

Raw fruit with whey, before or after an A.M workout would be good. Juice no good, enzymes dead, Vitamins almost all gone and it is pure sugar. Go Raw!

Please explain...

Chad B is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by FaizakaFez
    Please explain...
    Well diet soda and crystal light is made with chemicals. When I said “not THAT good for you,” I meant water or unsweetened green tea is a healthier choice for an all day drink.

I personally have drunk a lot of diet soda and splenda in one day and have gotten bad headaches from it. I don’t believe these drinks hydrate you like water.

I do drink diet soda and splenda drinks but only as a treat once or maybe twice a day.

Once or twice a day seems like more than a treat...either way, if all I drank all day was water I'd go insane. Sometimes I'll have to sacrifice health for sanity. But I'll try the unsweetened green tea route.

cfiler is offline Anabolic Member
    I love diet caffiene free pepsi, and drink a ton of it. It hasn't effected my gains when compared to drinking only water.

I also love having a glass of OJ with breakfast.

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    fruit juice is junk. Better than soda but still crammed with carbs.

I have been drinking almost exclusivly water for such a long time now that I never care about soda or anything like that. I enjoy a good cup of (black)tea every now and then though and plenty of coffe to stay awake during classes.

There are plenty of low carb lemonades though that taste good.

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    List of importance to me:

1. Water
    2. Coffee w/Splenda
    3. Green Tea
    4. Crystal Light
    5. Diet Dr. Pepper or Diet Pepsi (favorite is Diet Cherry Coke)
    6. Diet Rockstar Energy Drink*

*Have been drinking one before the gym and i am liking these alot, as a matter of fact i have one on my desk now that i am about to crack open. Check it out, they are good.
    Last edited by Panzerfaust; 10-02-2006 at 04:36 AM.

perfectbeast2001 is offline "king of free stuff" / Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by MoneyAddyct
    What do you drink whenever you feel thirsty?
    Water, Roisbous Tea, Green tea.

Giants11 is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Eating fresh fruits would be a much wiser choice in regards to your physique and overall health.
    "without your word you're a shell of a man" - Tupac

***Giants11 is a fictional character any advice given is purely for entertainment purposes, always consult a physician before taking any supplements, drugs or changing your diet.***

Thanks for the all the replies guys

Thread Information