perfectbeast2001 is offline "king of free stuff" / Retired

water at night or not?

In order to stay hydrated I drink water throughout the day and night (when i get up to go to the loo). Obviously the more i drink in the night the more i get up for the loo (about 2-3 times a night). Do people think its better to stay hydrated although it affects length of sleep or to stop the water at night and get better quality rest? (loo is toilet to you non UK guys).

Columbus is offline Anabolic Member
    Before bed I drink a few glasses...then when I wake up to piss, I EAT! Clean of course, but helps me to stay anabolic all night long.....

Giants11 is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Sleep is most likely more anabolic and more beneficial to your well being than water.

Cosume your water during the day so that you can have an uninterrupted sleep at night.
    "without your word you're a shell of a man" - Tupac

***Giants11 is a fictional character any advice given is purely for entertainment purposes, always consult a physician before taking any supplements, drugs or changing your diet.***

Chad B is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by perfectbeast2001
    In order to stay hydrated I drink water throughout the day and night (when i get up to go to the loo). Obviously the more i drink in the night the more i get up for the loo (about 2-3 times a night). Do people think its better to stay hydrated although it affects length of sleep or to stop the water at night and get better quality rest? (loo is toilet to you non UK guys).
    The loo In the US we call it "the john" Makes more sense because the guy who invented the toilet name was John Crapper, hence also the phrase "taking a crap"

Chad B is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Giants11
    Sleep is most likely more anabolic and more beneficial to your well being than water.

Cosume your water during the day so that you can have an uninterrupted sleep at night.
    Sounds like common sense, should I stop drinking water then around 7pm so I don't wake up?

usualsuspect is offline Anabolic Member
    As I stated in a previous post, you only need water when you feel thirsty and not otherwise. In fact, there is much more downside to drinking too much water than too little.

On a side, most of my water intake comes from plants and veggies. The rest comes from coffee and green/white tea.

Quote Originally Posted by usualsuspect
    As I stated in a previous post, you only need water when you feel thirsty and not otherwise. In fact, there is much more downside to drinking too much water than too little.

On a side, most of my water intake comes from plants and veggies. The rest comes from coffee and green/white tea.
    I don't think this is grewat advice for someone on cycle though. IMO a high intke of water is V important for kidney health and helps keep bloat at bay.

Giants thanks for your input man I have slowed the water at night and I'm getting better quality sleep.

zodiac666 is offline Senior Member
    I don't think this is grewat advice for someone on cycle though. IMO a high intke of water is V important for kidney health and helps keep bloat at bay.

Giants thanks for your input man I have slowed the water at night and I'm getting better quality sleep.
    i agree with giants, getting up 2-3 times a night has got to mess up your sleeping pattern pretty bad.

also for people who dont know, be really careful following any of usualsuspect's advice. he has made some of the dumbest post's i have ever seen in my life. "most of my water intake comes from plants and veggies"??? WTF, do you carry a stalk of broccoli with you to the gym to stay hydrated?

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    i'd be interested to see what your blood pressure is out of curiousity?

chest6 is offline Banned
    Sometimes I will get up 4-5 timesi in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom. Reason is..I continue drinking it and I wake up with horrible cottonmouth each time. I think my body is trying to expel it all similar to what someone would do the last few days before contest...

Quote Originally Posted by novastepp
    i'd be interested to see what your blood pressure is out of curiousity?
    last time i took it it was within normal levels but on the high side of normal. Can't remember the numbers to be honest. Why do you ask?

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    last time i took it it was within normal levels but on the high side of normal. Can't remember the numbers to be honest. Why do you ask?
    i was just curious man, that's all. usually people who inquire about water intake have BP problems that they don't address. but you know where you're at. sorry man, no disrespect of anything intended, just curious.

Chad B is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Chad B
    Sounds like common sense, should I stop drinking water then around 7pm so I don't wake up?

well should I

Chad B is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Chad B
    bump for an answer...

Quote Originally Posted by novastepp
    i was just curious man, that's all. usually people who inquire about water intake have BP problems that they don't address. but you know where you're at. sorry man, no disrespect of anything intended, just curious.
    No thats cool mate, I just didn't know the two things were related. I'm not really thirsty at night but I just got into the habit of drinking water whenever I pass the kitchen. So if i go to the loo at night i used to drink water too. I still drink a protein shake in the early hours though!!

PROTEINSHAKE is offline Protein Power
    i would say that if the ONLY reason you wake up is to go "to the loo" I would say to slow water intake the closer you get to sleep time..body rest is more important provided that you have drank enough water during the day. I would rather have a solid nites sleep. IMO

Thread Information