KingMike is offline Associate Member

CKD> Length of refeed & carb type?

Trying a CKD and going well. I refeed every 5th night for 8 hours by cramming ANYTHING fat free into my mouth. Strength is up and I am leaning out.

If doing a CKD, does the type of carb really matter if you deprived of carbs for that long (5 days)?

Does the length of the load matter? I read some stuff that 24-26 hours is best for optimal gl. repelnishment. I can do that ut I hate spending that amount of time eating carbs.

8 hours= 800 grams of carbs v.s. 24 hours= 800 carbs

Is their a difference in the above?

Prada is offline Anabolic Member
    Preferably You eat HIGH-GI carbohydrates and low-fat, in order to achieve supercompensation and refill muscle glycogen. Around 24 hours over 8 of replenishment is good and doesnt mean no fat albeit is much less then while in Ketosis. So the whole day you carb up around 2.5-3.0g per lb.

usualsuspect is offline Anabolic Member
    KingMike,

I tried CKDs but first I really believed all those people when I read them saying "carb-ups make me feel like crap"! When I was reading I though it was some kind of trend to announce your feeling "like crap" after a carb-up. Not so...Apart from stuffing myself during that day, I would feel dizzy, lethargic and irritated the day after.

Besides, I don't like having such a strict and regimented diet plan. For those in the same boat, I'd say find a maintanance diet, stick with it, go a little around it when you need to, and every now and then, try small new things.

Keep tinkering though! Hopefully you will find someone you like.

For me...I dont count calories, but I do follow the basic "Eat meat, vegetables, nuts and seeds, some fruit, little starch and no sugar..."

Mother Nature's advice hasn't failed anyone yet!

PS Keep us posted with your results.

good luck

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by KingMike
    Trying a CKD and going well. I refeed every 5th night for 8 hours by cramming ANYTHING fat free into my mouth. Strength is up and I am leaning out.

If doing a CKD, does the type of carb really matter if you deprived of carbs for that long (5 days)?

Does the length of the load matter? I read some stuff that 24-26 hours is best for optimal gl. repelnishment. I can do that ut I hate spending that amount of time eating carbs.

8 hours= 800 grams of carbs v.s. 24 hours= 800 carbs

Is their a difference in the above?
    with the ammounts of protein your talking about it wont make any difference at all if its low or high gi the body will be flushed with insulin either way and you will be totaly and fully refilled.

Quote Originally Posted by johan
    with the ammounts of protein your talking about it wont make any difference at all if its low or high gi the body will be flushed with insulin either way and you will be totaly and fully refilled.
    Johan he isnt talking about protein. Did you mean carbohydrates?

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    yeah just a typo I meant "with the ammount of carbs your talking about"

Loosing my brain from all studying

Quote Originally Posted by johan
    yeah just a typo I meant "with the ammount of carbs your talking about"

Loosing my brain from all studying

There there...we all get engulfed by our studies.

Thread Information