l2elapse is offline That don't kill me, can only make me stronger

Diet Help Plz, Confused

Ok well I am going to incorporate Cytogainer into this twice a day. I know food is better than shake but I mainly want the creatine and could use the easy cals. So here is a layout. Oh yeah Im using a diet like IBmkfr with the 1 scoop of whey per meal, said it works for him and i would like to try it.

Meal 1. 6 Egg whites, Cytogainer Shake, 1-2 whole eggs

Meal 2. 1 cup of oats, 1 scoop of whey, 1 can of tuna

Meal 3. 6 oz gound beef, 1 scoop of whey, mild cheddar cheese

Work out

PWO. Cytogainer

Meal 4. 1 can of tuna, 1 cup of oats, 1 scoop of whey

Meal 5. 6 oz lean turkey, 1 scoop of whey

Meal 6. 3 whole eggs, 1-2 egg whites, 2 tb PB. , 1 scoop of whey

Totals Calories 3900. Carb-294 Protein-414 Fat-100

Stats are 150, bulking

audis4 is offline Eat, Sleep, Lift...Repeat!
    Justin, please add macros for each meal as it makes it much easier to see what your eating for each meal.

Ok well I am going to incorporate Cytogainer into this twice a day. I know food is better than shake but I mainly want the creatine and could use the easy cals. So here is a layout. Oh yeah Im using a diet like IBmkfr with the 1 scoop of whey per meal, said it works for him and i would like to try it.

Meal 1. 6 Egg whites, Cytogainer Shake, 1-2 whole eggs. C=80 P=87 F=10

Meal 2. 1 cup of oats, 1 scoop of whey, 1 can of tuna C=57 P=65 F=8

Meal 3. 6 oz gound beef, 1 scoop of whey, mild cheddar cheeseC=3 P=47 F=38

Work out

PWO. Cytogainer C=80 P=56 F=5

Meal 4. 1 can of tuna, 1 cup of oats, 1 scoop of whey C=57 P=65 F=8

Meal 5. 6 oz lean turkey, 1 scoop of whey C=9 P=32 F=9

Meal 6. 3 whole eggs, 1-2 egg whites, 2 tb PB. , 1 scoop of whey C=5 P=24 F=31

Stats are 150, bulking

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    just an overall comment. at 150, 3900 calories is very high. if i were in your shoes i would lower the fat and the protein. i dont see a reason to have such high protein amounts in the first 2 meals. it should stay reasonable consistant throughout the day. in your final meal you drop the peanut butter amount down, or cut the whole eggs. if you dont want to do that my opinion woul dbe to pro/carb up before your workout. in my opinion and studies i have read on teh board recently, i now believe that pro/carb before a workout is actually more important that pro/carb afterwards. doing both only helps the cause.

Quote Originally Posted by novastepp
    just an overall comment. at 150, 3900 calories is very high. if i were in your shoes i would lower the fat and the protein. i dont see a reason to have such high protein amounts in the first 2 meals. it should stay reasonable consistant throughout the day. in your final meal you drop the peanut butter amount down, or cut the whole eggs. if you dont want to do that my opinion woul dbe to pro/carb up before your workout. in my opinion and studies i have read on teh board recently, i now believe that pro/carb before a workout is actually more important that pro/carb afterwards. doing both only helps the cause.

yeah ill probably put meal 2 in the place of meal 3 and 3 goes to meal 2

brutesinme is offline Member
    3900 calories at 150 lbs? Don't you think thats a little high?

Quote Originally Posted by brutesinme
    3900 calories at 150 lbs? Don't you think thats a little high?
    i do have a prety high metabolism but it probably is. what should i reduce?

brutesinme is offline Member
    looking at your macro's i'd reduce your protein and fats.

IMO, drop the whole eggs in meal 1.
    assuming you are switching meal 2 & 3, try as hard as you can to reduce the amount of fat in that NEW meal 2 (formerly meal 3). no need for that whey in that meal as well.
    srop the whey in meal 5 and add a carb source, you like oats, so maybe a cup there.
    wouldn't use whey before bed. how about some cottage cheese? 4% milkfat kind will allow you to eliminate those whole eggs and keep that fat a tad lower.

Quote Originally Posted by justinandrews7

Meal 1. 6 Egg whites, Cytogainer Shake, 1-2 whole eggs. C=80 P=87 F=10
    I would lose the cytogainer shake

Meal 2. 1 cup of oats, 1 scoop of whey, 1 can of tuna C=57 P=65 F=8
    Drop the whey.

Meal 3. 6 oz gound beef, 1 scoop of whey, mild cheddar cheeseC=3 P=47 F=38
    Drop the whey. 38g fat is a shitload. Have a handful of almonds or something. Also, I recommend a pro/carb meal pre workout but it just depends how you react.
    Work out

PWO. Cytogainer C=80 P=56 F=5
    Do 2 scoops of whey and 1 cup oats.
    Meal 4. 1 can of tuna, 1 cup of oats, 1 scoop of whey C=57 P=65 F=8
    Fine. You must have a shitload of whey.
    Meal 5. 6 oz lean turkey, 1 scoop of whey C=9 P=32 F=9
    Drop the whey bro....I would only have it PWO.
    Meal 6. 3 whole eggs, 1-2 egg whites, 2 tb PB. , 1 scoop of whey C=5 P=24 F=31
    Drop the whole eggs.

Stats are 150, bulking
    If your bulking, I recommend 1,000 cals over maintenance.

scm007 is offline Associate Member
    No offense, but that diet kind of sucks. WAY too much protein and cals for one. Also why so much whey? i know you wanted to try that 'special' diet, but seriously, protein is protein, and the more natural the source for pre workout and for just sitting around the better. Here is what I would do, and this would probably taste a lot better too!

Meal 1. 10 Egg whites, 1 cup of oats.

Meal 2. 2 cans of tuna + mayo + veggies

Meal 3. 6-8 oz lean chicken breast, brown rice C=3 P=47 F=38

Work out

PWO. Cytogainer (what is this?) the macros are OK but I prefer a fruit+Whey smoothie maybe with some oats in there. It's delicious! A little high on the carbs, especially if it is dextrose (TERRIBLE FOR YOU). C=80 P=56 F=5

Meal 4. 1 can of tuna, 1 cup of oats, 1 scoop of whey C=57 P=65 F=8.

That's OK but why not just up the tuna? Also wouldn't you want a chicken breast instead, how can you down tuna without something to put it in? Although the individually sealed tunas in water are delicious by themselves.

Meal 5. 8 oz lean turkey, salad, 1-2 tbsp of Olive oil for dressing

Meal 6. 3 scoops of whey, 1-2 tbps of flax oil. Just down this shit it tastes like garbage but it is good!

Also if you find yourself getting tired working out drink cytomax or gatorade instead of water, although not completely cytomax or gatorade... which can add to the needed calories, and you can eat less before.

Basically, I find that the engineered whey keeps you fuller longer, so you don't want to eat this during the day, otherwise you won't be able to eat as much. But if you eat it right before bed you won't be ravenous in the morning.
    Last edited by scm007; 10-07-2006 at 05:56 PM.

everyone says drop the whey but some people using in just about every meal such as I**mkfr.. so i think my question is if it works for him why not try it?

if you dont know what works for you, then yes, you need to experiment. i see him using BCAA's a lot though. different and more beneficial IMO. but you need to try and figure out what works for you, if you aren't at that point then test and review.

Quote Originally Posted by scm007
    No offense, but that diet kind of sucks. WAY too much protein and cals for one. Also why so much whey? i know you wanted to try that 'special' diet, but seriously, protein is protein, and the more natural the source for pre workout and for just sitting around the better. Here is what I would do, and this would probably taste a lot better too!

Meal 1. 10 Egg whites, 1 cup of oats.

Meal 2. 2 cans of tuna + mayo + veggies

Meal 3. 6-8 oz lean chicken breast, brown rice C=3 P=47 F=38

Work out

PWO. Cytogainer (what is this?) the macros are OK but I prefer a fruit+Whey smoothie maybe with some oats in there. It's delicious! A little high on the carbs, especially if it is dextrose (TERRIBLE FOR YOU). C=80 P=56 F=5

Meal 4. 1 can of tuna, 1 cup of oats, 1 scoop of whey C=57 P=65 F=8.

That's OK but why not just up the tuna? Also wouldn't you want a chicken breast instead, how can you down tuna without something to put it in? Although the individually sealed tunas in water are delicious by themselves.

Meal 5. 8 oz lean turkey, salad, 1-2 tbsp of Olive oil for dressing

Meal 6. 3 scoops of whey, 1-2 tbps of flax oil. Just down this shit it tastes like garbage but it is good!

Also if you find yourself getting tired working out drink cytomax or gatorade instead of water, although not completely cytomax or gatorade... which can add to the needed calories, and you can eat less before.

Basically, I find that the engineered whey keeps you fuller longer, so you don't want to eat this during the day, otherwise you won't be able to eat as much. But if you eat it right before bed you won't be ravenous in the morning.
    I wouldn't say your diet is much better.

oh yeah audi thanks for the tips too

Quote Originally Posted by justinandrews7
    oh yeah audi thanks for the tips too
    you got it

Thread Information