z3488 is offline New Member

Good way to get extra protein?

All,
    I am looking for a good way to up the protein I take in in my daily diet. I eat literally everything I can get my hands on as it is, but I try to stay away from high sodium and sodas and other sugars. I am looking for suggestions to get a lot of protein without the awful protein powders. Honestly, I just cant stomach them. Everybody tells me to nut up and down em, but I literally hurl 2 minutes later when I try. Yeah, I have tried all of em mixing them every and any which way you can think of! Any advice is appreciated.

audis4 is offline Eat, Sleep, Lift...Repeat!
    wow this is a good thread. So your asking how to get more protein into your diet??! I hear jello has a lot of protein....

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    ,chicken, chicken, chicken,,chicken, chicken, chicken,,chicken, chicken, chicken,,chicken, chicken, chicken,,chicken, chicken, chicken,,chicken, chicken, chicken,,chicken, chicken, chicken,,chicken, chicken, chicken,,chicken, chicken, chicken,,chicken, chicken, chicken,,chicken, chicken, chicken,,chicken, chicken, chicken,,chicken, chicken, chicken,,chicken, chicken, chicken,,chicken, chicken, chicken,,chicken, chicken, chicken,,chicken, chicken, chicken,,chicken, chicken, chicken,,chicken, chicken, chicken,,chicken, chicken, chicken,,chicken, chicken, chicken,,chicken, chicken, chicken,,chicken, chicken, chicken,,chicken, chicken, chicken,,chicken, chicken, chicken,,chicken, chicken, chicken,,chicken, chicken, chicken,,chicken, chicken, chicken,,chicken, chicken, chicken,,chicken, chicken, chicken,,chicken, chicken, chicken,,chicken, chicken, chicken,,chicken, chicken, chicken,,chicken, chicken, chicken,
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

all i can say is ON whey chocolate mint is the best goddamn thing i have tasted in a while...but thats compared to oats, rice and dry-ass chicken breasts

IBdmfkr is offline AR VET
    Why not try and setup your diet the day before and precook meals..
    What are your goals? You say you eat everything in sight.. I hope good foods are around you at all times then otherwise it's a sureway to get fat.

kronickid88 is offline New Member
    Lay out what you consume daily first.

Sami33 is offline Banned

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by z3488
    All,
    I am looking for a good way to up the protein I take in in my daily diet. I eat literally everything I can get my hands on as it is, but I try to stay away from high sodium and sodas and other sugars. I am looking for suggestions to get a lot of protein without the awful protein powders. Honestly, I just cant stomach them. Everybody tells me to nut up and down em, but I literally hurl 2 minutes later when I try. Yeah, I have tried all of em mixing them every and any which way you can think of! Any advice is appreciated.
    at least have some beans on the side of ur plate...that's good source of protein than the powdered whey protein they advertise around.

C_Bino is offline $BAM-7246~AR-Hall of Famer
    How much protein are you actually taking in per day as it is and how is that split between meals?

1buffsob is offline Mr.Modesty
    I don't think your diet is very good. I get in 330g+ of whole protein sources everyday, and I'm not bulking.

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    All,
    How much protein do you eat right now? You dont need much more than 1g/ib of bodyweight.

seriouslifter is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by johan
    How much protein do you eat right now? You dont need much more than 1g/ib of bodyweight.
    im taking in 339g protein and im 205.

1buffsob is offline Mr.Modesty
    And why is it you feel you need more protein?

JohnboyF is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by seriouslifter
    im taking in 339g protein and im 205.

That's too much, not necessary to get that much protein to gain LBM.
    I normally get around 1g/lb BW from animal protein sources.. others are all incomplete proteins, approx 50-75/day.

IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"
    All,
    ya, 5-8 8oz chicken breasts a day aught to do it

8oz chicken = approx 60g protein.. So you're recommending 400-650g protein/day?

seriouslifter is offline Member
    not to hijack its just hard to make it lesser protein in with each meal and counting your post workout nutrition. The protein adds up.

3-4oz protein/meal is all I use, more isn't better. but you need to get a sufficient amount at the same time.

Venum is offline Member
    just eat more MEATTTT!!!!

Schmidty is offline Test Is Best!
    Quote Originally Posted by spywizard
    ,chicken, chicken, chicken,,chicken, chicken, chicken,,chicken, chicken, chicken,,chicken, chicken, chicken,,chicken, chicken, chicken,,chicken, chicken, chicken,,chicken, chicken, chicken,,chicken, chicken, chicken,,chicken, chicken, chicken,,chicken, chicken, chicken,,chicken, chicken, chicken,,chicken, chicken, chicken,,chicken, chicken, chicken,,chicken, chicken, chicken,,chicken, chicken, chicken,,chicken, chicken, chicken,,chicken, chicken, chicken,,chicken, chicken, chicken,,chicken, chicken, chicken,,chicken, chicken, chicken,,chicken, chicken, chicken,,chicken, chicken, chicken,,chicken, chicken, chicken,,chicken, chicken, chicken,,chicken, chicken, chicken,,chicken, chicken, chicken,,chicken, chicken, chicken,,chicken, chicken, chicken,,chicken, chicken, chicken,,chicken, chicken, chicken,,chicken, chicken, chicken,,chicken, chicken, chicken,,chicken, chicken, chicken,,chicken, chicken, chicken,
    STEAK,STEAK,STEAK,STEAK,STEAK,STEAK,STEAK,STEAK,ST EAK,STEAK,STEAK,STEAK,STEAK,STEAK,STEAK,STEAK,STEA K,STEAK,STEAK,STEAK,STEAK,STEAK,STEAK,STEAK,STEAK, STEAK,STEAK,STEAK,STEAK,STEAK,STEAK,STEAK,STEAK,ST EAK,STEAK,STEAK,STEAK,STEAK,STEAK,STEAK,STEAK,STEA K,STEAK,STEAK,STEAK,STEAK,STEAK,STEAK,STEAK,STEAK, STEAK,STEAK,STEAK,STEAK,STEAK,STEAK,STEAK,STEAK,ST EAK,STEAK,STEAK,STEAK,STEAK,STEAK,STEAK,STEAK,STEA K,STEAK,STEAK,STEAK,STEAK,STEAK,STEAK,STEAK,STEAK, STEAK,STEAK,STEAK,STEAK,STEAK,STEAK,STEAK,STEAK,ST EAK,STEAK,STEAK,STEAK,STEAK,STEAK,STEAK,STEAK,STEA K,STEAK,STEAK,STEAK,STEAK,STEAK,STEAK,STEAK,STEAK, STEAK,STEAK,STEAK,STEAK,STEAK,STEAK,STEAK,STEAK,ST EAK,STEAK,STEAK,STEAK,STEAK,STEAK,STEAK,STEAK,STEA K,STEAK,STEAK,STEAK,STEAK,STEAK,STEAK,STEAK,STEAK, STEAK,STEAK,STEAK,STEAK,STEAK,STEAK,STEAK,

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by seriouslifter
    not to hijack its just hard to make it lesser protein in with each meal and counting your post workout nutrition. The protein adds up.
    How is it hard?

Reduce the portion size and you're done.

Thread Information