xzoomzx is offline Associate Member

why is aspartame bad?

why is aspartame bad for you ?.......does it make you retain wate or mate you bloated or anything?...............is t as bad as sugar?.....it seems to be 0 calories?does it make you bloated?

TNT
    TNT is offline Retired Moderator

Re: why is aspartame bad?

Because it was invented by communist Martians who are out to get you.

Seriously, who ever said that aspartame is bad?

Okay, that's a rhetorical question. The answer is: lots of people. There has been an Aspartame/NutraSweet conspiracy theory going around for many years, coming from people as diverse as Pat Robertson and the Scientologists. (Hmmmmmm... Sounds like a rock group. "Ladies and gentlemen, Pat Robertson and the Scientologists!") Do a search on aspartame on Yahoo or any other search engine and you'll find enough references to last until Armageddon.

Do I buy into these theories? No. It is zero calories, and does not generally produce any of the side effects mentioned.

One notable exception: There is a fairly rare condition called phenylketonuria which is caused by a chemical called phenylalanine, which is in aspartame. Don't ask me what they are - in all the years I've been guzxzling Diet Dr. Pepper, I have only met one person who had it. But you'll find a phenylketonuria warning on almost all cans of diet soda and other products made with aspartame or NutraSweet.

DiMensionX is offline Member
    Another fact is that aspartame was tested along with agent orange and several other such chemical substances in Vietnam for chemical warfare. Aspartame IS a neurotoxin, plain and simple.

DMX

Thread Information