BigHuman is offline Associate Member

My Diet ive used for two years now.

Hey Ive been training hard for these last two years as I want to do competions next year.

Anyway thought id list my day to day diet, that ive stuck to pretty much the same food everyday for the last two years.

Has worked a charm for me!

Wake up - 5 egg white, one yolk, with one wholemeal toast.
    100g of oats with strawberrys/blueberrys

3 hours later - met-rex berry meal replacement

1 hour after shake its time to TRAIN! but before training I take NO-Explode supplement three scoops, then train.

Post Training is Met-rex protein shake.

One hour after training is 2 grilled Chicken Breasts, 100g Brown Rice, half cup of Broccli.

Two hours later is im getting peckish , which I normaly am, I eat a 100g of organic Museli with almonds/Sunflower seeds/Pumpkin seeds/ chopped Apple.

Two Hours again is two Chicken or Turkey breasts, Sweet potato , Spinach,

Then last mail of the day depends on how hungry I am either a tuna omlete made with 5 egg whites.
    Or could be a protein shake
    or some non fat cottage cheese with nuts added.

So I eat 7 meals a day every 2-3 hours. I train very hard 5 days a week. and I do the gear also.
    My weight is 90kg height 6ft, bf 10% at the moment

My freezer is the best though, like a BodyBuilders dream inside! open the door and ive got about 30 chicken breasts frozen, 30 turkey breasts frozen.
    You can imagine my food bills are through the roof!
    Eat big to be big though I say!

And finaly here is a photo of me taken today to back up what I say.
    Sorry for quality its took on camera phone but you can still see me ok.

Also I work as a personal trainer so if any new people need help with diet id be glad to help, just mail me.

1buffsob is offline Mr.Modesty
    Looking good man. Not a big fan of the diet though.

Quote Originally Posted by 1buffsob
    Looking good man. Not a big fan of the diet though.
    Cheers man, but why not the diet?

SaintGJR7 is offline Junior Member
    Hi mate - looking in great shape - i have mailed you have you got it.

Quote Originally Posted by SaintGJR7
    Il just check mate, I was eating sorry, almost burnt my chicken breast on the grill , saved it just in time though!

Will check mails now.

Quote Originally Posted by SaintGJR7
    Hey mate, where to you email me? hotmail?

Im pretty new on this forum, did u mail me on here then?

I cant find it, anyway let me know if im being dumb, or mail me at *******
    cheers

SaintGJR7 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigHuman
    Hey mate, where to you email me? hotmail?

Im pretty new on this forum, did u mail me on here then?

I cant find it, anyway let me know if im being dumb, or mail me at *********
    cheers
    Will mail you now mate.

svarturer is offline Senior Member
    Last edited by svarturer; 09-05-2011 at 11:13 AM.

Cheers man, but why not the diet?
    Too much protein in some meals, not enough in others. Too many shakes. Also, no carbs PWO.

But you seem to do fairly well with it by looking at your pic.

Too much protein in some meals, not enough in others. Too many shakes. Also, no carbs PWO.

But you seem to do fairly well with it by looking at your pic.
    Mate, every meal I eat has 25g protein or more, never less.

I get enough protein everyday for my size which is 90kg , and my carbs I get enough also
    I only take one shake before training, one after , and a meal replacement, thats only three shakes a day, that is not to many. as this is the norm for competitve body builders around here in my city/gym
    And i dont know where you can say i dont get enough protein in some meals, even the bowel of museli after adding pumpkin seeds,sunflower,linseed it brings the protein intake up to 32g in just that one bowel!

my carbs post work out is my toast with eggs in morning and my meal replacment before workout, meal replacement is 29g carbs, toast is about 15g carbs, thats enough for me for an intense workout .
    Some times il train evening though, so then ive got the whole day of carbs in me before ive trained.
    also i get alot of carbs from the strawberry/blueberrys on my oatmeal 2

Mate, every meal I eat has 25g protein or more, never less.

I get enough protein everyday for my size which is 90kg , and my carbs I get enough also
    I only take one shake before training, one after , and a meal replacement, thats only three shakes a day, that is not to many. as this is the norm for competitve body builders around here in my city/gym
    And i dont know where you can say i dont get enough protein in some meals, even the bowel of museli after adding pumpkin seeds,sunflower,linseed it brings the protein intake up to 32g in just that one bowel!

my carbs post work out is my toast with eggs in morning and my meal replacment before workout, meal replacement is 29g carbs, toast is about 15g carbs, thats enough for me for an intense workout .
    Some times il train evening though, so then ive got the whole day of carbs in me before ive trained.
    also i get alot of carbs from the strawberry/blueberrys on my oatmeal 2
    LOL. Settle down bud. You asked what I thought was wrong with the diet and I told you.

In meal one you have around 30g protein. And about half of that comes from your carb sources. Oats and bread. Then in other meals you have 80g+, which is far too much. And I believe 3 shakes a day is far too many if you're replacing meals with them. Whole food will always be better. Cutting or bulking. Bulking should use shakes as supps to their original meals. Never replace them. And cutting should never have shakes IMO.

Also, PWO, or post workout, means after your training. Not before.

LOL. Settle down bud. You asked what I thought was wrong with the diet and I told you.

In meal one you have around 30g protein. And about half of that comes from your carb sources. Oats and bread. Then in other meals you have 80g+, which is far too much. And I believe 3 shakes a day is far too many if you're replacing meals with them. Whole food will always be better. Cutting or bulking. Bulking should use shakes as supps to their original meals. Never replace them. And cutting should never have shakes IMO.

Also, PWO, or post workout, means after your training. Not before.
    Sorry for snapping, its the roid rage , lol

My first meal protein half might come from carb sources , but its always worked for me, I mean I have got huge last year and veins poping out all over, muscles very hard so i must be doing something right.
    What meals do u think im taking in 80 plus grabs of protein? because even when i eat two chickens or two turkeys, that is just 45 grams protein one meal, as a use small size breasts and ive checked the protein on the packs.
    I take three shakes, but only half a shake before training and half after which is just one pack , then Il have one more full pack so really its just 2 shakes a day. at the end of the day I always eat tuna omlete, 5 egg whites and half tin tuna give over 30g protein but no carbs at all as i cut out carbs after 8pm.
    Ive stuck to this diet more or less for 2 years and ive gone from skinny 6ft 11 stone to the way i am now at 15.5 stone 10% bf . and my vascularity in arms shoulders just pop out
    So I never tried changing diet as it obviosuly works for me.
    Il welcome any changes u think, but ive been told my many prop body builders here that im in great shape and should compete as diet would not be a problem as i eat well anyway.
    So sorry for snapping man, like i said roid rage, i welcome what u gotta say, but bear in mind what i do works, which is important right.

IBdmfkr is offline AR VET
    Agree with Buff on the meals..

You have a decent understanding of nutrition but still lack in a few areas.

List your macros per meal and total for the day for easier critiquing.
    You have a good base and seem very dedicated but you could look much better with the proper changes.

Props for posting the pics and diet though.

Quote Originally Posted by I**mfkr

You have a good base and seem very dedicated but you could look much better with the proper changes.

Exactly. There are degrees of how well something works. Obviously you've made great progress but you could still do a hell of a lot better.

Give us some macros and I'll give you my thoughts.

BTW, I feel you on the rage. I'm 4 weeks out.

audis4 is offline Eat, Sleep, Lift...Repeat!
    Exactly. There are degrees of how well something works. Obviously you've made great progress but you could still do a hell of a lot better.

Give us some macros and I'll give you my thoughts.

BTW, I feel you on the rage. I'm 4 weeks out.
    Damn, 4 weeks out?? thats badass man!! What are your stats?

Quote Originally Posted by audis4
    Damn, 4 weeks out?? thats badass man!! What are your stats?
    About 190lbs and 5%.

Sorry to sound dumb here but what is my macros per meal??
    Ive never heard that before.

zodiac666 is offline Senior Member
    macro-nutrients are protein, carbohydrates, and fat. just need to know how many grams of each you are eating in each meal.

Quote Originally Posted by zodiac666
    macro-nutrients are protein, carbohydrates, and fat. just need to know how many grams of each you are eating in each meal.
    Ah got ya! , Well DO be honest I dont know exactley, I just listen to my body, so when im not hungry I dont eat, when I am I eat.
    One thing I always get hungry like every two hours, so im eating small meals that often.
    I do know that my protein intake per meal is never below 25g, 25g is a tin on tuna with the brine drained from it. my other meals, depends on how hungry i feel, sometimes one chicken breasts, or turkey breast, so i think that is about 26g protein, if im really hungry il eat two chicken breasts or two turkey breasts which prob boosts the protein up 2 about 50g.
    Even with my two met-rex meal replacement drinks, im getting 32g protein in one of them.
    Morning is 6 white eggs, one yolk , plus two wholemeal toast, 100g oats with strawberrys.
    For carbs, Every meal I eat Il either choose, wholeweat pasta 75g is 54g carbs, or il choose wholegrain rice, 50g bag for 52g carbs, or il choose a sweetpotato small size 52g carbs in that so ive been told.
    Then as im eating very low fat all throughthe day and week, i try to take in healthy fats, so il eat in between meals handfull of pumpkin seeds,sunflower seeds,linseed,almonds,
    All in all I eat about 7 meals a day, every 2-3 hours, I also take a strong multi vitamin/multi mineral pack each morning.
    Some times I even wake up at midnight or one in the morning starving!! and could kill for a tuna sandwich, so il get up and make one, two wholemeal buns with a tin of tuna, during the night.
    Eating this way for two years has really worked, my bf is always low at like 9% or 10% as it is at the moment, I burn fat very easy, and dont hold water really, so I can go on a mass roid cycle and still look pretty tight/ripped.
    Ive been told ive got good genetics by alot of prop builders here.

So thats it really, and ive just stuck with this diet day in day out because it really has give me 110% in the results dept.
    In the past I used to weight all the carbs out, write it all down, how much protein i was getting at each meal, calculate my calorie intake per day, but to tell you the truth when i did all that my results were no where near as impressive as they are now.
    So no I just listen to how my body is, get the fat pinchers out at the gym to make sure ive not put any on.
    Stuff like that.

Ah got ya! , Well DO be honest I dont know exactley, I just listen to my body, so when im not hungry I dont eat, when I am I eat.
    One thing I always get hungry like every two hours, so im eating small meals that often.
    I do know that my protein intake per meal is never below 25g, 25g is a tin on tuna with the brine drained from it. my other meals, depends on how hungry i feel, sometimes one chicken breasts, or turkey breast, so i think that is about 26g protein, if im really hungry il eat two chicken breasts or two turkey breasts which prob boosts the protein up 2 about 50g.
    Even with my two met-rex meal replacement drinks, im getting 32g protein in one of them.
    Morning is 6 white eggs, one yolk , plus two wholemeal toast, 100g oats with strawberrys.
    For carbs, Every meal I eat Il either choose, wholeweat pasta 75g is 54g carbs, or il choose wholegrain rice, 50g bag for 52g carbs, or il choose a sweetpotato small size 52g carbs in that so ive been told.
    Then as im eating very low fat all throughthe day and week, i try to take in healthy fats, so il eat in between meals handfull of pumpkin seeds,sunflower seeds,linseed,almonds,
    All in all I eat about 7 meals a day, every 2-3 hours, I also take a strong multi vitamin/multi mineral pack each morning.
    Some times I even wake up at midnight or one in the morning starving!! and could kill for a tuna sandwich, so il get up and make one, two wholemeal buns with a tin of tuna, during the night.
    Eating this way for two years has really worked, my bf is always low at like 9% or 10% as it is at the moment, I burn fat very easy, and dont hold water really, so I can go on a mass roid cycle and still look pretty tight/ripped.
    Ive been told ive got good genetics by alot of prop builders here.

So thats it really, and ive just stuck with this diet day in day out because it really has give me 110% in the results dept.
    In the past I used to weight all the carbs out, write it all down, how much protein i was getting at each meal, calculate my calorie intake per day, but to tell you the truth when i did all that my results were no where near as impressive as they are now.
    So no I just listen to how my body is, get the fat pinchers out at the gym to make sure ive not put any on.
    Stuff like that.
    Ok then. Congrats I guess. Keep doing what you're doing if you think it's good.

IBdmfkr is offline AR VET
    Didn't you say you were a personal trainer?

They'll hire anyone nowadays eh?

Goodjob with the results but you'll continue to look like a guy that just works out rather than having a Great physique by just "listening to your body".
    -B D
    DO NOT ASK FOR A SOURCE, NONE SHALL BE GIVEN.
    -NO SOURCE CHECKS!-

[email protected]
    If asking cycle advice Post up Stats/previous cycle experience/goals!

If asking diet advice Post Stats/current diet/goals!

“Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same.”

I B D
    AR VET

Didn't you say you were a personal trainer?

They'll hire anyone nowadays eh?

Goodjob with the results but you'll continue to look like a guy that just works out rather than having a Great physique by just "listening to your body".
    LMFAO!!

I won't comment.

Columbus is offline Anabolic Member
    Lolll

Thread Information