KingMike is offline Associate Member

How long are PWO carbs in you body?

I am doing a CKD/TKD variation to bulk with mad strength gains so far. I eat a ton of fat throughout the day and just wondered how long the dextrose is in my body after a workout.

I eat a whole meal about 1 hour after my PWO dextrose and thought I might change the types of fat I eat in that meal depending how long the dextrose in in my body. I heard Swole talk about how the PWO meal is in readily absorbed but need more info. I hate to eat 2 big hamburger patties 1 hour after the destrose if that destrose is still floating around my stomach.

Here is my current diet that has me gaining tons of strength and only 1- 1/2 pounds a week without the waist growing dramaticly.

220 protein
    350 fat
    50 carbs (via dextrose PWO)

4500 calories

I am natural and found that this way is far superior to the higher carb intake. I find I can eat a lot more calories this way.

Giants11 is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I do have a Blood/Glucose Bell Graph in my Textboox at home which shoes the time it takes to get back to baseline blood sugar levels. I'll try and get at you when I get home.
    "without your word you're a shell of a man" - Tupac

***Giants11 is a fictional character any advice given is purely for entertainment purposes, always consult a physician before taking any supplements, drugs or changing your diet.***

had flax oil and chicken 1 hour after the PWO and then switched to 2 tbs. of butter with eggs, I did not notice a difference but I want to be sure. Also, I have not carb loaded in 16 days and feel I do not need one mentaly but I feel by body really needs one to fully fill out, any thoughts on that? I have a crap load of captain crunch and low fat ice cream sitting around that keeps winking @ me.

Hang on bro, you're not taking carbs PWO?

***Giants11 is a fictional character any advice given is purely for entertainment purposes, always consult a physician before taking any supplements, drugs or changing your diet.***

IBdmfkr is offline AR VET
    Quote Originally Posted by KingMike
    220 protein
    350 fat
    50 carbs (via dextrose PWO)

4500 calories
    350g of fat/day? Are you serious?

Are you melting down Crisco and drinking it?

I know man, that is a very very unhealthy amount of fat, its 70% of your diet. My god, please lower that amount.

DNoMac is offline Senior Member
    Yea, and cpt crunch and ice cream aren't exactly good sources of carbs, b ut you were kidding right?

He was reffering to using those during a carb up day. Which then would be fine.

JohnboyF is offline Banned
    To be honest with you.. I'm not a fan of CKDs to much fat and the logical seems ideal just dont find it realsitc imo . have you tried carb cycling?

wolfstrike is offline Junior Member
    I say stick with it Kingmike.The high fat diet is supposed to be healthy and fat should be at 70% for optimal efects.Not many people would injest that much fat so I think thats the reason for the bad rep TKD/CKD diets get in regards top bulking.When your bulk is over just make sure to get some bloodwork done.

Mike can u post a daily meal list with macros.Training and non training days?
    Last edited by wolfstrike; 11-13-2006 at 03:49 PM.

take in 50 grams of dextrose pwo. I have a carb load every 15-20 days. I have a big sugar meal of whatever I want then have oats, yogurt, etc. all day. I feel that the body was meant to use fat as an energy source, no carbs, and it entails about 60-70% of fat daily from all sources, mainly saturated.

Here is a typical day

1. 1 tbs. butter with 3 whole eggs
    WORKOUT
    2. 1 scoop whey/ 50 grams of carbs (smarties)
    3. 2 beef patties
    4. 3 oz. chicken with 2 oz. of walnuts
    5. 2 oz. chicken, celery with 4 tbs. natty peanut butter
    6. salad with 4 tbs. blue cheese dressing, mozz. cheese and chicken
    7. 2 tbs butter with 6 whole eggs
    8. same as meal 4
    9. celery with 4 tbs natty peanut butter, 2 oz. chicken

Usually around 4-4500 calories and 200-230 protein.

Strength is great and once your body gets used to no carbs (1-2 weeks) you can roll for a while.

I do not think carb loads are needed but mentally it makes me feel good.

timtim is offline Member
    you've eliminated 1 entire macro nutrient from your diet. doesn't make sense from an overall health perspective or muscle growth perspective. muscle does not grow on protein and fat alone. you could maintain and maybe, for a short period of time, add alittle weight but it's really not the best strategy to use.

i used to be a huge ckd proponent till i starting using low gi carbs. i'll never go back.

wolfstrike is offline Junior Member
    Thats great Mike.Keep us posted on your progress.Would love to see pics before/after.

perfectbeast2001 is offline "king of free stuff" / Retired
    Jeez that is a freaky looking diet!! Look forward to seeing how you get on. Looks like my diet BEFORE I started BBing!

Strength gains are great, seems like the muscle I build is far more dense than a carb based diet. I try to follow alot of Vince Gironda's ideas.

Thread Information