WannabeRipped is offline New Member

Can Good Genetics overcome really poor eating habits?

I know two males in their 30s who have really poor diets. They don't watch what they eat, don't have a proper eating schedule, and yet they always look shredded! Both have six-packs but one guy goes to the gym infrequently. Both weigh less than 165lbs and stand 5'8 ft or less and do not bother with cardio. They do not look skinny at all, more average sized but shredded to the bone. You can see it in their chiseled faces.

My question is can good genetics overcome piss-poor eating habits? I see these guys drink pop, eat instant noodles, and eat fast food yet they are shredded all the time! Are they taking something? I know they are not huge but I always wonder how guys in their late twenties and up can still maintain muscularity on a shitty diet without any cardio.

Mizfit is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by WannabeRipped
    I know two males in their 30s who have really poor diets. They don't watch what they eat, don't have a proper eating schedule, and yet they always look shredded! Both have six-packs but one guy goes to the gym infrequently. Both weigh less than 165lbs and stand 5'8 ft or less and do not bother with cardio. They do not look skinny at all, more average sized but shredded to the bone. You can see it in their chiseled faces.

My question is can good genetics overcome piss-poor eating habits? I see these guys drink pop, eat instant noodles, and eat fast food yet they are shredded all the time! Are they taking something? I know they are not huge but I always wonder how guys in their late twenties and up can still maintain muscularity on a shitty diet without any cardio.
    Not forever.. but some ppl r luckier than others..

I shouldn't look the way i do for what i eat either.. but i know one day it will catch up too me

goose is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizfit
    Not forever.. but some ppl r luckier than others..

I shouldn't look the way i do for what i eat either.. but i know one day it will catch up too me

If a guy took you out for dinner,what food cuisines do you like? Do you drink Champagne? Do you like ice cream?

Sorry bro,but this is related to the thread.

IBdmfkr is offline AR VET
    If they're 5'8 and under 165lbs I wouldn't say they have "good genetics" LMAO!!!

I'd be more apt to say they are scrawny little fvckers with extremely fast metabolisms.

l2elapse is offline That don't kill me, can only make me stronger
    Quote Originally Posted by I**mfkr
    If they're 5'8 and under 165lbs I wouldn't say they have "good genetics" LMAO!!!

I'd be more apt to say they are scrawny little fvckers with extremely fast metabolisms.
    what about powerlifters that weigh like 160 and can bench around 400? weight isnt everything

chest6 is offline Banned
    Yes. I have had friends that eat like shit and were always stronger/bigger than me. Til I learned how to diet...so..i guess in some circumstances?

IBdmfkr is offline AR VET
    Quote Originally Posted by justinandrews7
    what about powerlifters that weigh like 160 and can bench around 400? weight isnt everything
    No weight isn't but size is lol..

I'm talking about from a bodybuilders point of view, I could give two shits how much someone can lift.

I personally have a high strength/weight ratio, but it doesn't do a damn thing for me when I'm not in the gym.

perfectbeast2001 is offline "king of free stuff" / Retired
    I have a friend who eats Mcdonalds all day and he is always shredded, however putting on a couple of pounds to him is a major achievement. In one way he is lucky, he can eat what hge likes but in the other he just can't grow.

No, most guys who eat like shit and look shredded do not weigh over 180-200 lbs, and the ones who are usually run GH. W/ enough GH you can afford to eat a pizza everyday and still look lean

spound is offline Anabolic Member
    Yes, I have a buddy who is 5'10" 200lbs and sub 6% bodyfat who can eat whatever the **** he wants....and drink. He is jacked and shreaded year around and never does cardio eitehr...strong bastard too!!

JohnboyF is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by spound
    Yes, I have a buddy who is 5'10" 200lbs and sub 6% bodyfat who can eat whatever the **** he wants....and drink. He is jacked and shreaded year around and never does cardio eitehr...strong bastard too!!

Bastard!!

Mizfit is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by goose4
    If a guy took you out for dinner,what food cuisines do you like? Do you drink Champagne? Do you like ice cream?

Sorry bro,but this is related to the thread.
    Not a drinker.

Dinner the other day with friends included 2 chicken breasts, pataoes, veggies and chocolate cheese cake.

diet coke to drink

bor
    bor is offline D-bol Poppin'
    I bet they'd have to KILL themselves in the gym to gain a pound of muscle though

bigsd67 is offline Anabolic Member
    I think a lot of it also is how you view yourself and if you want to change. I know that I would rather be 180-185 with a visible set of abs and some veins than 165 and shredded. However, if someone prefers that look and is happy with themselves then who are we to judge.

scriptfactory is offline Anabolic Member
    Genetics are #1. I know guys that are lean as hell and weigh over 200lbs naturally. In fact, most of the guys that I know with the best physiques (not counting competitive bodybuilders) are lazy as hell with their training and diets.

Thread Information