ascendant is offline Senior Member

Cheat meal to make up for lost meal?

on saturday nights, i like to go out. of course, this leaves me waking up late on sunday and i usually don't have enough time left in the day on sunday to eat all 7 of my meals for that day. now, i'm sure i'm not the only one in this boat, so i'm wondering what you guys do to compensate for that lost meal?

i had tried just cramming my meals together and taking shorter breaks between meals, but that just leaves me feeling like i'm gonna vomit and die and i oftentimes consider commiting suicide rather than having to stomach my next meal (k, bit of exaggeration, but you get my point). also, considering all the cals i take in in such a short time, i also feel it may make my bf increase.

what i was considering is i usually only do 1 cheat meal a week, which is my dinner on sat nights. i was thinking of doing another cheat meal on sundays to help compensate to at least a slight degree for the lack of calories. i know that missing 1 meal per week isn't going to really affect me dramatically, but i think it's moreso a psychological thing than anything else. also, maybe having 2 cheat meals per week instead of just 1 will help my metabolism a bit more? anyway, any feedback/experience on this would be appreciated, thanks.

perfectbeast2001 is offline "king of free stuff" / Retired
    go home earlier the night before.

scrapakilla is offline Associate Member
    Some may not agree with this but i like to eat mad shyt on my cheat meal. so the next day i always skip breakfast and let my body burn the excess calories i ingested the extra calories ingested the night before

Quote Originally Posted by perfectbeast2001
    go home earlier the night before.
    not gonna happen. sat nights my only night to go out and have fun. i lose my sat nights, i lose my sanity, and for whatever stupid reason, our friends never wanna go out until like 9-10pm, even though everything closes down here by 2am. go figure.

Quote Originally Posted by scrapakilla
    Some may not agree with this but i like to eat mad shyt on my cheat meal. so the next day i always skip breakfast and let my body burn the excess calories i ingested the extra calories ingested the night before
    that's one thing i was kind of thinking of as well, but not quite exactly like you're doing it. i was thinking of adding in an extra meal on sat night while i'm out. maybe just something small, but a little extra since i'm up for longer.

IBdmfkr is offline AR VET
    Bring meals in tubberware and put them in a cooler like I do..
    Then sneak off or between clubs etc stop by gas stations to heat your meals.
    Or another think I've done is buy a "magic bullet" (blender) and a car adaptor so you can blend up a shake out in your car. Real food is preferred though.

Otherwise bring a empty water bottle with protein powder in it, just add water and drink. Just get a few hundred calories in your ever 2-3hrs and stay Hydrated! Most people forget to drink water for hours or sub it for alcohol.. remember muscle is made up of 80% water, don't get dehydrated.

SMCengineer is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ascendant
    what i was considering is i usually only do 1 cheat meal a week, which is my dinner on sat nights. i was thinking of doing another cheat meal on sundays to help compensate to at least a slight degree for the lack of calories. i know that missing 1 meal per week isn't going to really affect me dramatically, but i think it's moreso a psychological thing than anything else. also, maybe having 2 cheat meals per week instead of just 1 will help my metabolism a bit more? anyway, any feedback/experience on this would be appreciated, thanks.
    If your bulking than 2 cheat meals will not hinder any gains at all. Many people who are on strict diets a take a full cheat day and it usually doesn't hinder gains, although I don't recommend it. I would suggest just trying to keep your second cheat meal as close as possible to getting in high protein, high carbs, and a decent amount of fat.

thanks for all the info guys. taking all you said into consideration and going to go with what i think will work best for my sundays.

Columbus is offline Anabolic Member
    I am currently bulking and taking in 4,000 cals....2 cheats a week I am allowed.....its a appet., a dinner, and a nice desert.......

bigsd67 is offline Anabolic Member
    My thought is if your goal is 4000 cals a day and your cheat day brings you to 4500 (hypothetical) then the next day you can eat 3500 calories and still average 4000 over the two days. In other words if you eat more one night and less the next day you will still average the same number of calories over the weekend and not hinder gains.

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    I don't party.. but If i do wake up late... i combine the protein from meals 1 & 2 into one meal ... and consume the next meal 3 hours later.

If need be.. i combine meals 3 &4 into one meal also... then resume my normal eating pattern 3 hours later.

e.g.

Normal day:

meals 1-7: pro 30 gr; carb 50 gr; fat 7 gr for example

Meals spaced 2 hours apart from 7 a.m.

Late waking day:

Wake at 10 a.m. .. meal 1 missed.

Meal 1: 10 a.m. : 60 gr protein (protein total from meal 1+2); 50 gr carb; 7 gr fat.

Meals 2-6: as normal: 30 gr pro; 50 gr carb; 7 gr fat

-Nark

Quote Originally Posted by Narkissos
    I don't party.. but If i do wake up late... i combine the protein from meals 1 & 2 into one meal ... and consume the next meal 3 hours later.

If need be.. i combine meals 3 &4 into one meal also... then resume my normal eating pattern 3 hours later.

e.g.

Normal day:

Late waking day:

Meal 1: 10 a.m. : 60 gr protein (protein total from meal 1+2); 50 gr carb; 7 gr fat.

-Nark
    exactly what I do.....cept I aim for 40g pro, 50-60g carbs in each meal

Nark - when you say 2 hours....is that from the last swallow or the first bite? Am I reading into it too much, no....it could make a big difference if your meal takes 20 minutes to eat.

JohnboyF is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Narkissos

e.g.

Normal day:

Late waking day:

-Nark
    Yup i did the same thing last nite as i was tired and wanted to go to bed and still had some 2 meals to go.

I combined the two protein sources 6+7 and one carb source.. and i was good.

number twelve is offline All Natty...Kinda~Winning Member Transformation Contest!
    after a night of partying i usually drink a protein shake when i get home before i fall asleep. i feel better in the morning from it.

svarturer is offline Senior Member
    Last edited by svarturer; 09-05-2011 at 11:10 AM.

bigsd67 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by svartur
    i like that
    Makes it easier with less to think about.

Quote Originally Posted by Columbus
    Nark - when you say 2 hours....is that from the last swallow or the first bite? Am I reading into it too much, no....it could make a big difference if your meal takes 20 minutes to eat.
    Doesn't really matter.. unless you're taking an exhorbitant amount of time to eat a meal.

I'm hungry every 1 & 1/2 hours regardless.

Use your discretion.

Roger.....so sometimes it's 1.5, sometimes a little longer....

JohnboyF is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Columbus
    Roger.....so sometimes it's 1.5, sometimes a little longer....

Roger? Not exactly, nark gets hungry 1.5 hours -2 hours ( sometimes he doesn't eat enough because of school etc) You are Columbus two diffrent people with two diffrent diets and genetics. You should be eating when columbus needs to eat ...not when nark is hungry or eating.
    Last edited by JohnboyF; 11-21-2006 at 10:12 AM.

^^ Roger that.

ROGGGER....I am COLUMBUS I EAT WHEN NARK TELLS ME TOO!!!!!!!!!

Thread Information