Thread: 2 meals a day

scrapakilla is offline Associate Member

2 meals a day

I have heard that some old time body builders have had success with this. where they just have two huge feasts about 12 hours apart getting all their macros in these meals which are extremely large and calorie dense. Anyone ever heard or have any experience with this thanks. suppousedly it increaes fatloss and recovery big time because your growth hormone production is increased greatly by the body being hungary.

bigeater is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by scrapakilla
    I have heard that some old time body builders have had success with this. where they just have two huge feasts about 12 hours apart getting all their macros in these meals which are extremely large and calorie dense. Anyone ever heard or have any experience with this thanks. suppousedly it increaes fatloss and recovery big time because your growth hormone production is increased greatly by the body being hungary.
    IMO it doesn´t sound like a good idea if you want to keep any muscles.
    when I was 14 - 15 years old I mostly ate 2 meals a day. For example for breakfast I eat 2 white breads with butter and ham and for dinner I ate pasta and minced meat. I weight little then and had very low bodyfat. It was problary because I was young and because I was skateboarding a lot when I wasn´t in school.

bigsd67 is offline Anabolic Member
    I used to eat twice a day when I was a teen and it took me a good 2 years to lose the extra 70lbs of bodyfat. I don't recommend doing this to anyone that wants to lose bodyfat.

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    2 meals a day is a big mistake... be smart and eat more meals and spread your macros out asneeed throughout the day. After just a matter of hours your body will go into starvation mode and you'll lose valuable muscle.

SMAN12b is offline Educate B4 U Medicate
    the body works by using food in 3 hour increiments. eating only once every 12 hours will put the body in starvation mode cause it doesn't know when you will be feeding it again . anything it can not burn up or use in that 3 hour time period gets STORED as FAT while in starvation mode. the only way to avoid this is by eating 6-8 meals a day spaced every 2.5-3 hours apart so that you put you body into high gear fat loss. Once the body gets used to getting fed regularly, it then goes into fat loss mode and anything it does not use or burn up in that 3 hour time period between meals will get put out as waste.

two meals a day is a baddddddd idea...

chest6 is offline Banned
    This sounds like the worst thing you could do to your body if you are interesting in bodybuilding. Try it for 2 months and come back and let us know how it goes..

Not knocking you..just stating its a VERY bad idea and I would like to see someone who practices this and what they look like.

angelripper is offline Associate Member
    ya thats a good plan if your going for the big pot belly look.

Mizfit is offline Banned
    it's not a good way to achieve anything but fat and bloating

Thread Information