MRRoboto is offline Associate Member

Need more calories!

I'm having a hard time getting all the calories I need. Some days are better than others. It's not just the eating that's hard, it's everything, money, meal preperation time, bloated feeling and yes, I'm just not used to eating so much while in training. This is my first cycle and, in the past, weight training meant eating smart, not endlessly. I would like to know if I could use another drink mix besides the whey protien I'm already using. Weight Gainer type stuff with tons of cals, just to keep total cals up in addition to the extra eating I'm already doing?

Kale is offline ~ Vet~ I like Thai Girls
    Quote Originally Posted by MRRoboto
    I'm having a hard time getting all the calories I need. Some days are better than others. It's not just the eating that's hard, it's everything, money, meal preperation time, bloated feeling and yes, I'm just not used to eating so much while in training. This is my first cycle and, in the past, weight training meant eating smart, not endlessly. I would like to know if I could use another drink mix besides the whey protien I'm already using. Weight Gainer type stuff with tons of cals, just to keep total cals up in addition to the extra eating I'm already doing?
    Dude IMO the weight gainers are a load of crap. Try adding some oats to your protein shakes. I put a cup of oats into each shake. I grind the oats in a coffee grinder until they are fine powder. They mix in easier and are simple to swallow as well

theboss is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kale
    Dude IMO the weight gainers are a load of crap. Try adding some oats to your protein shakes. I put a cup of oats into each shake. I grind the oats in a coffee grinder until they are fine powder. They mix in easier and are simple to swallow as well
    same....
    1 cup oatmeal
    2 scoops whey powder
    1 scoop skim milk powder
    250mg (i think) 1/2 carton of egg whites
    1 whole egg
    mixed in a juice base (orange usually)
    Last edited by theboss; 11-30-2006 at 08:10 AM.

JohnboyF is offline Banned
    What is your current meal schedule look like?

Are you eating at spaced out intervals?

Well that doesn't save me any time, but it is definately most valuable info. I'll save it on my puter to try some time. I'm not currently using a blender, just a hand shaker. If I start using a blender, that will just be more time consumed by prep and clean up. I'm hoping for an easy answer, but I guess I'll have to settle for the inconvienient truth unless anyone else knows of a simpler way to get calories in my bod.

Bro your making it seem like your a gourmet chef...

Plain and simple open a can of tuna ( 1 min) oats in microwave 2 min

Eat ....

Throw the can away. Wash the bowl. Your making it seem as if your making filet min... *(spelling )

Well that doesn't save me any time, but it is definately most valuable info. I'll save it on my puter to try some time. I'm not currently using a blender, just a hand shaker. If I start using a blender, that will just be more time consumed by prep and clean up. I'm hoping for an easy answer, but I guess I'll have to settle for the inconvienient truth unless anyone else knows of a simpler way to get calories in my bod.
    I dont use a blender I use a hand shaker. The time is taken in grinding the oats which takes about 15 mins to do about 5 bags

Quote Originally Posted by FaizakaFez
    What is your current meal schedule look like?

Are you eating at spaced out intervals?
    I'm trying to eat every two hours, but it's a bitch. I'm up to 4 or 5 whey protien shakes a day to help reach my calorie goals (which are a little unclear because I'm just a recreational lifter and I want to keep it as simple as possible.) I've done the research and used the formulas to determine how many cals I need to gain, but I'm only estimating roughly and trying to stay full of protien and all times to maintain a state of protien synthesis. I know the pro bb's here don't like to see people like me using aas, but I can't be the only one here in my situation.

i dont use a blender either....gotta buy one...i just have a $10 hand mixer...and i mix it all up in a big container...enough for a couple days...it takes like 2 min !!

I'm trying to eat every two hours, but it's a bitch. I'm up to 4 or 5 whey protien shakes a day to help reach my calorie goals (which are a little unclear because I'm just a recreational lifter and I want to keep it as simple as possible.) I've done the research and used the formulas to determine how many cals I need to gain, but I'm only estimating roughly and trying to stay full of protien and all times to maintain a state of protien synthesis. I know the pro bb's here don't like to see people like me using aas, but I can't be the only one here in my situation.

EAT REAL FOOD !

Well your drinking 4-5 shakes that too much IMO..

I dont really understand your situtation you dont have time correct?

This what i do cook for the the entire week rice and meat on sunday then all i need to do is put it in tupperware inthe morning and im ready to go. SIMple

Well your drinking 4-5 shakes that too much IMO..

I dont really understand your situtation you dont have time correct?

This what i do cook for the the entire week rice and meat on sunday then all i need to do is put it in tupperware inthe morning and im ready to go. SIMple
    I like that idea. Mostly chicken breasts? How about some pork chops? All brown rice right? Thanks in advance guys! Your input is VERY valuable to me.

I like that idea. Mostly chicken breasts? How about some pork chops? All brown rice right? Thanks in advance guys! Your input is VERY valuable to me.
    Pork Chops are great just lose the fat around them, great source of lean protein. Brown rice is good too. I fvcking hate it but it is good

might get bored of chicken everyday...nothing wrong with a steak...or ground beef & beans......i like to throw a can of tuna on my rice too......but i like tuna.

i was just throwing out exmaple of what i do.. I just cook in bulk once a week thats it..

What is your diet like right now?

What you ate today or yesterday. listed like this

Meal 1

Meal2 etc

It seems like u need some help in that area !

i was just throwing out exmaple of what i do.. I just cook in bulk once a week thats it..

Meal 1

Meal2 etc

listen to him...he really made me look at my diet....
    thats how i cook...for like 3 or 4 days...sometimes freeze stuff to and pull it out a week or 2 later.......just to mix it up

how are you to busy that you cant find time to cook & eat ?
    i keep shakes in the fridge at work and snacks like nuts and fruit at my desk...just eating all day long......and about 4 litres of water/day
    i spend half my day pissing!.....but i think that really helped me not get bloated
    Last edited by theboss; 11-30-2006 at 08:43 AM.

Meal 1

Meal2 etc

AGREED. I'm in week two of a testc-500mg 10weeks and dbol -40mg 5weeks cycle. I'm feeling stronger and starting to show some results already. I really don't want to screw this up, so I'm going grocery shopping today and fixing my diet immediately. I'm loving the the help I'm gettin here, so if you have any other simple diet ideas for gaining on cycle please post if you got a minute.

Hey boss good job man...

Mr.R

UNoffical "How to Bulk" thread and sample diet... (how to bulk)

how to add LEAN MASS see below
    HERE IS...gain lean muscle mass kind of diet...

Hey boss good job man...

Mr.R

UNoffical "How to Bulk" thread and sample diet... (how to bulk)

how to add LEAN MASS see below
    HERE IS...gain lean muscle mass kind of diet...

thanks dude..i was pissed at some of the comments you were making towards me before...but I figured...you got alot more experience and i can learn from you...so sorry for the hard feelings..we are all here for the same thing i guess.

diet is most important and hard training........i am getting results...not exactly what i was hoping but this is my 1st cycle...and 1 is not going to turn me into Mentzer

IBdmfkr is offline AR VET
    Dude, drop the shakes as they will get you nowhere.

Put a sample of you current diet up and what you believe your caloric goals are for each day..

You also never listed your stats so we have no idea what advice to give you.
    -B D
    DO NOT ASK FOR A SOURCE, NONE SHALL BE GIVEN.
    -NO SOURCE CHECKS!-

[email protected]
    If asking cycle advice Post up Stats/previous cycle experience/goals!

If asking diet advice Post Stats/current diet/goals!

“Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same.”

I B D
    AR VET

Venum is offline Member
    stop spending all that money on shakes, have ONE shake a day for PWO. The rest of the day eat REAL food....brown rice is cheap, make a crap load of that. Oatmeal is cheap, canned black beans are a great carb source very cheap and tasty as well....if u want to add more cals u can add more protein by eating larger portions of chicken, tuna, etc...whole wheat pasta, yams, all of these foods do not take long to cook and arent expensive....stop drinking and start eating! ! ! ! ! ! !! ! ! ! ! ! !

Venum is offline Member
    or pick up some canned yams they have high sugar but u dont care right u just want the calories? they are cheap and tasty

Thread Information