3Vandoo is offline AR-Hall of Famer

CKD vs Cutting Diet (Traditional way)

I was wondering, what is the debate over CKD diet over the more traditional approach of losing fat.

Some people say CKD doesnt work, some swear by it, what are really the pros and cons of it

I did CKD 4 years ago and had good results, now im trying to do it again but, it sucks, cannot really stay on, on focus, plus I hate the side effects and the food is just "Blah!!!!!" but the results are there, to be there they are there.

Anyway, so what ya think, your point of view.

Should CKD be the best approach in cutting fat or the more trad cutting diet is better, then why and how?

JC2007 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 3Vandoo
    I was wondering, what is the debate over CKD diet over the more traditional approach of losing fat.

Some people say CKD doesnt work, some swear by it, what are really the pros and cons of it

I did CKD 4 years ago and had good results, now im trying to do it again but, it sucks, cannot really stay on, on focus, plus I hate the side effects and the food is just "Blah!!!!!" but the results are there, to be there they are there.

Should CKD be the best approach in cutting fat or the more trad cutting diet is better, then why and how?

Whatever works best for you.

JohnboyF is offline Banned
    Well to elborate on JC2007 detailed post..

Me personally i don't liek the ckd apporach , i find to long on low carb diets muscle mass just goes down the drain imo, THe problem with ckd's approach is if your fats are not high enough your body will use protein as a source of fuel leading to catbolism. But if fats are at the right percentage 30% of protein then your body will use fat as an energy source. and use protein.

Me Personally, i don't like CKD's diet i prefer carb-cycling...

scrapakilla is offline Associate Member
    whats the correct ratio on the ckd?

audis4 is offline Eat, Sleep, Lift...Repeat!
    Do you weigh 330 right now??

I'm carb cycling and the results are good thus far. I've only been on it for about a month so I'll see how I continue!

Quote Originally Posted by scrapakilla
    whats the correct ratio on the ckd?
    60% fat, 30..35% protein, and no more than 30g of carbohydrates.

scrapakilla is offline Associate Member
    thanks for the response is it dangerous to do this year round? must you carb load every so often?

do search on the web for CKD diets or anabolic diet..

also read my post above i dont like them

sonar1234 is offline Banned

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by 3Vandoo

I know what you mean, i did this many times before has well, has i did low carb dieting a lot too, but today i am 34 years old, and i just dont wanna go true the whole ketosis thing again, i never adjusted to ketosis, i always feel bad while in ketosis no matter how long i stay in that state.

I decided to use the 3 times a week training approve and the whole body workout, i also do my cardio at the end of each workout 30 minutes 45 if i have the time, this deplete a good amount of glycogen and makes sure that most of the carbs i eat get directed into the muscles instead of fat cells.

I am not saying its the prefect thing to do but for me it seems to work, of course your choice of carbs must be almost perfect too.

For the focus i dont know what happens, i guess that at some point we just dont wanna go true the whole damn thing again, being always hungry.

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    I think full blown keto is a bit to extrem.

When I cut I usualy have almost no carbs on rest days and around 100-150 on workout days. Seems to work best for me. If I cut carbs completely I se no better results.

Are you the kind of guy that gains weight easily when eating high carb diets?

Quote Originally Posted by johan
    I think full blown keto is a bit to extrem.

When I cut I usualy have almost no carbs on rest days and around 100-150 on workout days. Seems to work best for me. If I cut carbs completely I se no better results.

Are you the kind of guy that gains weight easily when eating high carb diets?

I've never noticed

Venum is offline Member
    what do you guys mean by carb cycling

Quote Originally Posted by Venum
    what do you guys mean by carb cycling
    on certain day you have an X amount

let's say for 5 days you have no carbs, then on two days you are ingesting a massive load of carbs

sonar1234 is offline Banned
    You can also have 36-48 hour carb loading (Glycogen compensation) followed by 3-4 days of low carbing (Glycogen depletation)

Venum is offline Member
    i dont think i can go a couple days without carbs i need them for my work outs i feel way too sluggish and weak if i dont eat.

Thread Information