Thread: Eggs?

Z12
    Z12 is offline Associate Member

Eggs?

One egg has 70% of your daily allowance of cholesterol! So if I have 4 eggs that's almost 300%! If I take out the yolk, which has all the cholesterol, will I still get the protein? Is the protein located in the yolk or the white? Thanks bro's.

perfectbeast2001 is offline "king of free stuff" / Retired
    protein is the white yolk is the fat. either just use the whites or throw in one or two yolks and throw the rest away.

Jay-Ace is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by perfectbeast2001
    protein is the white yolk is the fat. either just use the whites or throw in one or two yolks and throw the rest away.

There is still good protein in the yolk, just along with that is the fat and carbs.

I normally do 1 yolk to 4 whites as that still tastes good!!

LukeNY is offline New Member
    The yolk has roughly 2.5g of protein, with the white at about 3.5g of protein. Also, the yolk has most of the vitamins and minerals. However... for those eating a lot of eggs, its good to have only a couple yolks.

http://www.bodybuildingforyou.com/pr...gg-protein.htm

STYLE74 is offline Got Style?
    It all depends, some people can eat a whole dozen of eggs with the yolk and never have cholesterol problems and then there are some that get high cholesterol looking at an egg.

Z12
    Z12 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by STYLE74
    It all depends, some people can eat a whole dozen of eggs with the yolk and never have cholesterol problems and then there are some that get high cholesterol looking at an egg.
    Thanks bro's! Yea, I don't think anyone in my family has high cholesterol, but when I read that on the egg box nutrition facts, I was shocked. 1 yolk to 3 or 4 whites sounds good. It makes me feel guilty - 400% of my daily allotment of cholesterol is just gross.

crazycrab is offline Associate Member
    yeah I scramble 5 whites with and 1 egg with yoke. Gives you approx.26 grams protein.

Thread Information