Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    finny is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dhriscerr
    If you eat a meal right after your work out your body is going to be fighting to use blood to digest food instead of to carry nutrients to your muscles and for thier pump. Thats why a Carb drink and whey are a good Idea. I think maybe like 60g Carbs immediately after then 15 min later 40g protien, then like an hour or so later have a meal with some complex carbs, jut my .02 just remember you only have so much blood dont make it decide weither to digest food or fuel and rebuild muscle.
    I would recommend carb and protein at the same time. From my research, it seems that if one is after an insulin spike after a workout, one would have to ingest about 100g or simple carbs. The way to overcome this would be to combine a fast acting protein (whey) with simple carbs. Hence why I do about 40g protein and 60 or so grams of carbs. The two work together.

IBdmfkr is offline AR VET
    Quote Originally Posted by finny
    I always feel energized after pwo meal. Regardless how one feels, it is one of the best things to have a fast acting PWO shake - for your system/muscles. Of course there are people on each side of the fence.

I would recommend reading articles by John Berardi - very knowledgable, a lot of his research is supported by studies.
    I don't believe everyone's digestive track and body works exactly the same, so like different training styles/approaches I think one should also try different approaches with PWO nutrition as well as the rest of their diet.

Find what works for you and then stick with it, but don't cancel out one theory because someone on the internet says so, try it first and then comment. Same goes with drug-use.

y100adics is offline Associate Member
    Quick leg workout this morning as I was running late but holy shiiite ... I could barely walk till about a couple hours ago ... I was running late so I did 3 sets of squats ... not very heavy
    set 1 - 135 for 10
    set 2 - 185 for 10
    set 3 - 235 for 10

Went right into leg press
    7 plates on each side .... 3 sets of 10

My gym sucks u can't top load on the leg press ... anyway ... then right into 30 minutes eliptical @135 .... I was shaking like crazy for about 3 hours after.

As far as diet goes ... been following precisely except for substituting some chicken for egg whites and tuna and added ff cottage cheese with spinach before bed , also had 1 jello cup this weekend.

Very noticeable BF loss so far overall, especially around upper ab area!
    Last edited by y100adics; 01-21-2007 at 09:45 PM.

Great job, keep it up and let us know how you're progressing in the following months.
    -B D
    DO NOT ASK FOR A SOURCE, NONE SHALL BE GIVEN.
    -NO SOURCE CHECKS!-

[email protected]
    If asking cycle advice Post up Stats/previous cycle experience/goals!

If asking diet advice Post Stats/current diet/goals!

“Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same.”

I B D
    AR VET

Thanks I B D!
    Updating weight .... only using scale once a week on monday morning now.
    Current weight is 204.
    Missed cardio this morning cuz legs were still smoked from leg workout yesterday but will get some cardio in tonight after my Chest workout.

Good choice in skipping cardio.. I don't do cardio the day of or the day after legs because I feel it hinders their ability to recover.

adioz is offline Female Member
    I read the last post above regarding waiting on cardio a bit after you work on legs and believe my question is related, if it needed to be in a new thread, I apologize.. Question is, if you're doing cardio daily about 1-1.5 hours, does it matter if you stick to the same type? elliptical/treadmill/bike?

Cardio type is your preference ... mix it up so it doesnt get boring ...but I would suggest 1 hour of cardio and use the other 30 minutes for weight training.
    Many people here can help you put together a weight lifting routine to meet your goals

adioz is offline Female Member
    Ok thanks! I'll mix up my cardio and I'll look into weight training as well this week

I believe over time your body adapts to certain things, so this being said if I were a person who did cardio (which I don't) then you'd be better off switching it up a bit from time to time.. also you have to consider that something like the bike is considered low-impact compared to say the treadmill.
    I enjoy the elliptical when cardio is a must. If you can up your intensity of your workouts and dial in your diet, cardio isn't necessary in most cases from what I've seen.

Late session at the gym tonight ... I thought it wouldn't be a good workout ... definitely wrong ... I felt crazy strong ... didn't wanna stop lifting ... but didn't wanna overtrain ... PB's in all my lifts for chest ... and legs loosened up after my first set ... I hear ya on dialing in the diet and having intense workouts I B D ... continuing to work on the diet so I can get to that point ... I felt so good tonight, I can't wait until I'm done cutting so I can bulk and put some nice lean muscle on!

Great job bro.. as long as you're making strength gains and losing BF at the same time believe me you're putting on tiny bits of LBM. Very hard to do, keep it up.

Note: Check your calories, you may still be above maintenance. May want to drop them 100-200calories for a few weeks and see what happens.

Thanks I B D ... appreciate the encouragement brotha ..... Eliptical in the A.M. 45mins @ 135..... Back tonight .... legs still hurt from sunday .... it's crazy ... used sportscreme ..... nothing working .... anyway .... PB for my deadlift tonight prolly cuz I did it first .... 310 for 8 reps ... I could have gotten more but lost my grip .... didn't use straps or anything .... did widegrip pull ups last .... it was awful ... I was so smoked from the deadlifts, barbell rows, machine rows and lat pulldowns .... too many exercises for back? I think maybe it is .... I'm just trying to hit it real hard! Ordered a caliper from bodybuilding.com, should be here by friday .... couldnt find it in any stores around here ... so when it comes in ... we'll see where we're at!

Took a few days off from the gym cuz of painful legs, but back today .... This morning weigh-in 202 .... which is promising since I'm down 2 pounds from last week with only one day at the gym ... did eliptical this morning .... 45 minutes @136, followed by abs .... tonight is chest.... Will be moving legs to thursday in case they hurt like that again I'll have 2 off days to recover. Also measured bodyfat with caliper this morning ... took it 5 times ... got between 14-15%.
    Last edited by y100adics; 01-29-2007 at 01:36 PM.

Haven't posted in a week or so ... Down to 197 @13% ... getting there .... switched some of my foods up ... replaced some chicken with ground turkey and steak ... Results seem the same .... gonna add some shrimp in also ... of course making sure my macros are the same ... also moved my cardio and lifting both to the morning ... was getting so burned ou doing cardio at 8am, working till 10pm, then lifting at 11pm ... so now I lift at 730am ... cardio immediately after .... was reading captain dominates log on his var cycle

Incredible Anavar Experience

.... anyone else have any results like that while cutting? Well off today so going to the gym now, although it's about noon!
    Last edited by y100adics; 02-06-2007 at 11:28 AM.

Hell yea bro, on your way to bein shredded How are you feeling energy-wise and physically/mentally?

Thanks I B d .... I feel good bro .... physically feel much better now than when I was going twice a day to the gym .... now that I'm getting everything in the morning I can concentrate more on my diet the rest of the day ... mentally ... sometimes it's a little tough until I take a look in the mirror and see my body changing everyday ... really only a little over 3 weeks and the change is crazy ... love handles just about gone ... really just lower abs is where BF is noticeable.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information