stockyone is offline New Member

Post Cardio Meal

I know that many has said to do cardio in the morning with an empty stomach, but I just can't fit it in my schedule. I usually just replace workout session with a cardio session on non-workout days.

Thing is, I'm not quite sure what to take after the cardio session. I suppose there is no need for PWO nutrition right after cardio. Thus, i take my dinner about 30 mins after my cardio. Should it be pro/fat or pro/carb? I've tried pro/fat and i felt empty afterwards and in need of energy. I wonder if that's a good thing; feeling of fat getting burnt maybe?

Help me out and tell me should the meal following cardio (not immediately like PWO) a pro/fat or pro/carb meal?

Jakspro is offline Member
    30 min after is good along with some Pro and low GI carbs, i like to include my veggies in this meal, others dont.

Quote Originally Posted by Jakspro
    30 min after is good along with some Pro and low GI carbs, i like to include my veggies in this meal, others dont.
    So it's a pro/carb meal then? Just wanna be sure, aren't we not allowed for carb except in breakfast and PWO?

Do you just take a lean protein with plenty of veggies for this meal? What low GI carb is suitable? I know white rice is not low GI, but would that be OK?

skribbble is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stockyone
    So it's a pro/carb meal then? Just wanna be sure, aren't we not allowed for carb except in breakfast and PWO?

Do you just take a lean protein with plenty of veggies for this meal? What low GI carb is suitable? I know white rice is not low GI, but would that be OK?
    id stay away from white rice. Maybe have your carb as 1/2 cup of oats or brown rice. I personally have a protein shake w/ a tablespoon of flax or olive oil after my cardio sessions.

Jakspro is offline Member
    i usually go with oats or sweet potatoe... no set 'rule' for carbs in only 2 meals, so long as everything fits in your macro's... if cutting try to avoid white rice unless your dropping weight with it

From your replies, I get it that there is no fixed rule about evening post cardio meal being pro/fat or pro/carb.

Just one other related question: what about carb-cycling? Is there a sticky on this one?

Does it mean a day's meal minus the PWO? But do we still need to keep the same amount of calorie for non-workout days as with workout days?

Eagleized2 is offline New Member
    what about pwo shake after morning cardio?

JohnboyF is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagleized2
    what about pwo shake after morning cardio?

pwo= post workout...

timtim is offline Member
    id stay away from white rice. Maybe have your carb as 1/2 cup of oats or brown rice. I personally have a protein shake w/ a tablespoon of flax or olive oil after my cardio sessions.
    i do the same with the shake and oils.

Thread Information