stockyone is offline New Member

Non Workout Days

I'm gonna do a cutting diet. I workout 4 times a week in the evening and cardio on non-workout days 2 times a week upon waking. I know the total number of calories to consume and different proportions of pro/carb/fat using the Harris-Eliot formula.

Question is: How should I eat on non-workout days?

Should I consume the same amount of calories with the same proportion of macros as with workout days? And since there is no workout on a non-workout day, how can I consume the same amount of carb if not during PWO and PPWO? All at once in breakfast?

Please help.

Bump please

even on your off days, you are still recovering, so I would say diet is going to be as important if not more important on these days. I eat about the same amount of calories, maybe 200-300 less at most.

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    Since protein synthesis is highest 24hours pwo your protein intake should be the same or higher on the days you dont workout. Carbs and fats doesnt matter much though. They can be exactly the same, I prefer having lower carbs on rest days personaly.

Bump

What about carb cycling? Is that necessary?

And must the nutrient split amongst the meals be the same for workout and non-workout days? Say i transfer more carbs to breakfast during non-workout since i will be skipping PWO shake.

IBdmfkr is offline AR VET
    I also drop carbs and up protein on my rest days, I lift EOD so it works out good.

Thread Information