man_myth_legend is offline New Member

3 hots and a cot

From reading all these different fitness forums, I gather that eating 3 squares a day is pretty much out for favor of 5+ small, nutrient specific meals. Is it possible to burn fat and build muscle with 3 healthy meals a day. The reason I ask is Im a junior enlisted in the Army, and anyone whos served knows that means you live in the barracks and eat in the DFAC.Sure, we're allowed to have food in our rooms, but my room doesnt have a working fridge or microwave, so Im kind of forced to eat in the chow hall, and its open 3 time a day. period. I always try to get the leanest meat they have, as well as cooked veggies and a salad and try to keep carbs low, no desserts, and no fried foods like hamburgers, hot dogs, and fries. Should I supplement my meals with nonperishables like jerky and peanut butter before breakfast and after dinner, or just stick with what Uncle Sam seems to think I need?

EAT!!!! you gotta eat to grow.

You gotta eat to lose fat too.

Keep eating clean and every 2-3 hours if possible.

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    stick like and extra plate in your pocket, LOL

Couple of extra hamburgers or sliced meat in the pcoket wont hurt.
    abstrack@protonmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by abstrack
    stick like and extra plate in your pocket, LOL

Couple of extra hamburgers or sliced meat in the pcoket wont hurt.
    You could even put some gallon size ziplock bags in all of your BDU pockets. Load each baggie up, i.e. mashed potatoes, green beans, brocolli, hamburger, chicken tits, rice, etc)

sock is offline Junior Member
    3 hots and a cot - I thought you were lookin at jail time! LOL - that'll probably make you lose weight.

from previous "experience", if jail is involved....get a job in the kitchen (tons of food)

zodiac666 is offline Senior Member
    buy a hot plate (if you're not allowed, buy it anyway) and a mini fridge for your room. you really need to eat more than just what the Army feeds you.

MFT81 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by man_myth_legend
    From reading all these different fitness forums, I gather that eating 3 squares a day is pretty much out for favor of 5+ small, nutrient specific meals. Is it possible to burn fat and build muscle with 3 healthy meals a day. The reason I ask is Im a junior enlisted in the Army, and anyone whos served knows that means you live in the barracks and eat in the DFAC.Sure, we're allowed to have food in our rooms, but my room doesnt have a working fridge or microwave, so Im kind of forced to eat in the chow hall, and its open 3 time a day. period. I always try to get the leanest meat they have, as well as cooked veggies and a salad and try to keep carbs low, no desserts, and no fried foods like hamburgers, hot dogs, and fries. Should I supplement my meals with nonperishables like jerky and peanut butter before breakfast and after dinner, or just stick with what Uncle Sam seems to think I need?
    Get your supply sgt to issue you a new one! Or BUY ONE!!!!! Stop making excuses START EATING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    can you purchase meat sticks??/ i did that when i was in.. put 25 lbs on me in 3 months...

loved it..
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

Quote Originally Posted by spywizard
    can you purchase meat sticks??/ i did that when i was in.. put 25 lbs on me in 3 months...

loved it..
    by meat sticks, you mean...slim jims? beef jerky? what?

Thread Information