want2bulk is offline Junior Member

need an explanation on a couple ?'s

OK, after doing some reading about insulin spikes, I have a question. Some feel they obtain better results by dividing their meals into pro/fat and pro/carb. Could someone give me a scientific explanation as to why the body will store more fat when carbs and fat are eaten together?

Also, probably a dumb question but I've read you need healthy fats to burn fat. Explanation? I'd just like some detailed responses so I can hold this knowledge for myself and relay it to others when asked for advice. I'm trying to expand my knowledge on nutrition/dieting and I like to know exactly WHY food and the body do certain things. Thanks for any help!

sooners04 is offline Senior Member
    If you eat EFA's with pro/carbs it can actually lower the GI of the carbs you ate and you'll be better off. If you eat pro/fat/carbs and your fat is not an EFA then your body can only use one of the three macros. It starts with carbs and stores the protein and fat for later. Storing protein isn't bad but obvious with the fat. You need fat to burn fat is refering to EFA's. The EFA's release the free forming fatty acids and the body uses those for fuel. Not a real scientific explanation but basic enough to understand.

want2bulk is offline Junior Member
    Thanks, good enough explanation for me. If someone has more to add, please do so. What you said totally makes sense because I know carbs are the body's main source of fuel. So, the order the body uses macros for energy goes ... carbs --- fat --- protein?

Thread Information