Abenaki Blood is offline Associate Member

6 months later... still the same size.

I've tried everything in my best power but age 29, 5'7", 135 lbs, there isn't any success to my weight gaining journey. It really sucks, I have increased my calories and worked out but no mass gain, just toned up.

I know you probably don't care but my wife is away in the Air Force for the next three months and more than anything I want to suprize her with SOME weight gain but it just isn't going to happen without an alternative plan.

Any suggestions? Any feedback would really mean a lot to me...

Thanks people!

IronAdam is offline Member
    Whats your diet look like now???? We can't help you out if you don't post it up, include the macronutrient break down and calories.

I'll get that right up in a few...

audis4 is offline Eat, Sleep, Lift...Repeat!
    no flame, but how many times have i heard this excuse.

"I eat so much but don't gain a lbs"......rightttttt.

throw your diet up so we can critique it with macros. You will be suprised how much your REALLY eating if you don't really keep track.

Snrf is offline Banned
    use calorieking.com and a wei***ng scale and figure out exactly how many calories you're eating. I bet if you're 135lbs you're eating less than 1800 a day, if that.

SMAN12b is offline Educate B4 U Medicate
    Try eating a meal every TWO hours. I have put on 25 lbs in the last 7 weeks!!

whole foods only.
    Eggs
    steak (everyday)
    Chicken
    Tuna
    Sweet potato
    White Potato

The list could go on

but as the guys above said. layout a typical days meals for us and we can try to help you

saberu is offline New Member

maybee I can help

I seriously feel your pain...bulking at 3500-5500 cals a day but I write down exactly what I have had to eat every day so there is some method to my madness.

Dont even pick up a weight and just eat 5000 cals everyday and DONT GUESS THE CALS AND WRITE IT DOWN

If after 3 weeks you don't notice a change you should scedule an appointment with a doctor because you might have a serious medical problem/parasite.

Tambit24 is offline Member
    Are you taking any supplements?

BITTAPART2 is offline Senior Member
    you need to go to a doctor if you are doing everything right. If your eating properly like laid out on the stickies of the diet forum you either have a tape worm/thyroid issue or HIV. Im sorry bro but I used to be the guy who said that all the time "i eat like crazy and nothing" until i learne what really eating was all about. sure i used to eat what i thought was a lot but it wasnt enough, it was tghe wrong food and it wasnt at the right times. once I got disciplined I gained a lot of weight A LOT.

MFT81 is offline Senior Member
    Hey, Blood, where have you been bro?

Post your diet and we can go from there but dont stress about it.......

No one gains weight on a reg basis, I remember when I was stuck at 195, I was eating right, training well, everythig but the scale wouldnt budge.

then one week I gained like 3-4 lbs and put on another 3-4 lbs in about a month.

sometimes your body just says "OK, Ill grow" then youll plataue again and then go through another period of growth.

Post your diet will see if your going wrong anywhere, if not just be pactient, a new you is prolly right around the corner.

I have been tested, everything is normal. I pay for a monthly service that tracks my diet and calories, I'll take some sample snapshots and post them so you can see my diet.

Ok, post them up bro.

Once you show us what you eat, we can help you.

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    Eat more. An appetite isn't necessary to eat.

Hardgainer? Can't gain weight? READ THIS!!!

IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"
    Quote Originally Posted by Abenaki Blood
    I've tried everything in my best power but age 29, 5'7", 135 lbs, there isn't any success to my weight gaining journey. It really sucks, I have increased my calories and worked out but no mass gain, just toned up.

I know you probably don't care but my wife is away in the Air Force for the next three months and more than anything I want to suprize her with SOME weight gain but it just isn't going to happen without an alternative plan.

Any suggestions? Any feedback would really mean a lot to me...

Thanks people!

I am pretty enactive, with a slow metabolism even

and i at 5'8, natural, 21, am getting in 350-375 grams of protien in a day, 250-275 of that being whole food, takin in about 100-200 grams of carbs a day when adding size. Now most people who have faster metabolisms or are more active, might need the same amount of protein and more like 4-500 grams of carbs whole food.

basically, massive food consumption is what is going to get you there. youtube the pros, watch ronnie coleman workout. Now I know thats not where you probably want to look like or be like. But just take a look, make an observation. The man makes the massive weights look small. You can tell he eats with the big boys, and has force fed himself up to a level of musculariy where his muscles can handle absurd amounts of weight. He has eaten his muscles up to a size that can handle weights in the stratosphere.

IfBB pros consume massive massive amounts of food. And this is on the best drugs money can buy. So what makes you think average jo, without drug assistance to say the least, is going to get diesel without the food consumption.

I will tell ya what, the day you can squat 405 rock bottom for 20 reps, deadlift 600 for 10, bench 500 for 5, you are gonna be one jacked mother ****er. Now it might not be a realistic goal, you might not want quite that, but thats the mind set you need

hope that helps. i started out at 120 myself, so i know what its like

IBdmfkr is offline AR VET
    Quote Originally Posted by Abenaki Blood
    I'll get that right up in a few...
    Waiting to see your current everyday diet as this will answer your above question as to why you can't gain weight.

It's pretty simple, if you eat more calories than your body burns you gain weight. PERIOD.

DNoMac is offline Senior Member
    Bump, need to post the diet for critique. Shouldn't take you much to gain mass at 135lbs.

Thread Information