Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. #1
    NewVader is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    222

    Fructose post workout

    On one hand fructose has low glycemic index so it shouldnt cause insulin spike and fat storage. Do you think it harms if used post workout (unsweetened orange juice or fruit) when cutting?

  2. #2
    MFT81's Avatar
    MFT81 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    On Steroid.com
    Posts
    1,683
    guess it depends on which side of the Hi GI PWO fence you ride on

    Id say no just because fructose tends to store in the liver not muscle
    (Wonder what type of shite this statement will stur up?)

  3. #3
    GrowingMuscle's Avatar
    GrowingMuscle is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    In the Light
    Posts
    58
    Fruit juice is garbage, the pasturing process depletes the vitamins, and it is dead. Fresh live fruit is awesome for your health, good live enzymes and vitamins. Your body absorbs more vitamins from natural sources than a pill

    A banana blended with your shake is good pwo.

    Fruit is gods gift to us for energy and vitamins, how can you say bad things about fruit.

    Excessive eating of fruit is not good. Keep in moderation.

    The best time I believe to eat fruit is before workout, I found bananas to supply great energy during workout.

  4. #4
    collar's Avatar
    collar is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    6,150
    growing muscle correct
    hehehe.

    yes i have banana with my post workout and sometimes before aswell.
    good energy and very beneficial.

  5. #5
    GrowingMuscle's Avatar
    GrowingMuscle is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    In the Light
    Posts
    58
    Quote Originally Posted by collar
    growing muscle correct
    hehehe.

    yes i have banana with my post workout and sometimes before aswell.
    good energy and very beneficial.

  6. #6
    collar's Avatar
    collar is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    6,150
    hahahaha.

  7. #7
    novastepp's Avatar
    novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    in a dilapidated apt.
    Posts
    14,924
    PWO it really won't have much of an effect. a banana is a good idea just because of how beneficial they are. i only eat them before or after a workout though. but in regards to fructose it will mainly help refill any lost liver glycogen first. and don't worry about insulin unless you are injecting. PWO and PREWO it won't matter.

  8. #8
    AandF6969's Avatar
    AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    5,384
    Uhh that's the reason you take in sugar post-workout is to cause an insulin spike to increase absorption of protein and carbohydrates into the muscles. Postworkout is about the only time that it's cool to have an insulin spike.

  9. #9
    naturalsux's Avatar
    naturalsux is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    la
    Posts
    2,023
    Quote Originally Posted by AandF6969
    Uhh that's the reason you take in sugar post-workout is to cause an insulin spike to increase absorption of protein and carbohydrates into the muscles. Postworkout is about the only time that it's cool to have an insulin spike.
    what about 1st thing in the morning?

  10. #10
    AandF6969's Avatar
    AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    5,384
    Quote Originally Posted by naturalsux
    what about 1st thing in the morning?
    After cardio or lifting? There's no reason for an insulin spike unless it's immediately following a lifting workout.

  11. #11
    Project is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    on the turf
    Posts
    155
    Quote Originally Posted by AandF6969
    After cardio or lifting? There's no reason for an insulin spike unless it's immediately following a lifting workout.
    Intuitively I would say that after fasting overnight, an insulin spike could be beneficial.

  12. #12
    AandF6969's Avatar
    AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    5,384
    Quote Originally Posted by Project
    Intuitively I would say that after fasting overnight, an insulin spike could be beneficial.
    Why would it be beneficial?

  13. #13
    naturalsux's Avatar
    naturalsux is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    la
    Posts
    2,023
    Quote Originally Posted by AandF6969
    Why would it be beneficial?
    to stop the fasting or muscle wastage.

  14. #14
    AandF6969's Avatar
    AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    5,384
    Quote Originally Posted by naturalsux
    to stop the fasting or muscle wastage.
    If you say so...

  15. #15
    C_Bino's Avatar
    C_Bino is offline $BAM-7246~AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    ON, Canada
    Posts
    7,169
    Quote Originally Posted by AandF6969
    If you say so...
    Hes right. It isnt a bad at idea at all to have insulin a bit higher in the morning. In fact many people follow the protocol of usin slin injections in the morning for bodybuilding purposes.

  16. #16
    naturalsux's Avatar
    naturalsux is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    la
    Posts
    2,023
    Quote Originally Posted by AandF6969
    If you say so...
    I got it from Chris Aceto. i guess he made it up though .

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •